Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men (1207 Views)

How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? / Google Adsense Running On My Wapka Site What Did You Think Webmaster / Free Online Ads! Upload Free Ads - (programmer/ Webmaster Also Wanted) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by smartsoft(m): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2005
Hey guys,

What is this world turning into ? just because of password a webmaster was whisky away ( Dead ) u can imagine.. What do they take webmaster for.? just because of password.. .. the webmaster don't want to realise the password because.. they didn't fullfill his promise.. What do u think.. The Webmaster payment.. more story here

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story5846.html
i'm really dissapointed.. What a heck ? it really abvious that those guys had 2 whisky the Webmaster. ! cry

Important Correction By Editor: "Whisked Away" simply means "Arrested"
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2005
such a pity. but it's true many Nigerian webmasters don't update their sites. go and see for yourself. check any Nigerian government site and see if it's updated. webmasters need to step up their game. even sef most Nigerian govermnet sites are trash and poorly designed. the nigerian FA site is a joke http://nigeriafa.com/ .
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by obong(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2005
whisked away doesnt mean dead. It means taken away. and knowing the tabloid nature of nigerian newspapers, im sure even that is an exxageration
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by smartsoft(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2005
Hello trae, Thanks man. See, I saw that site you said i should check. Men, it all depends on the creativity of the web designer and also the agreement between the site owner and designer.

Now everybody designs website; everybody you ask now is a designer. But remember we have Designer and we have designers. Difference between between the boys and the men, if you really know what I mean.
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2005
Here's what led to this problem:

According to the NFA website, the Inter Milan striker was born on 1 May 1978 but the player's passport states his date of birth as 28 October 1984.

"The website was commissioned by the former NFA secretary general Taiwo Ogunjobi. But it has not been handed over to us."

Galadima said the website's password is still with the person who built it because he has not been paid for his work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4745717.stm
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Fox(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2005
the police do not have any business in the issue. It may have been a simple mistake which anyone here who designs websites will agree that it's very easy to make mistakes like that when you're copying and pasting. So now somebody is arrested for making a mistake on a website? Not stealing money or writing code that'll extract credit card numbers, just one mistake? That's sad.
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Seun(m): 2:50am On Aug 14, 2005
Adekunle Iyiola, the NFA webmaster, wrote the following in his police statement: "On the misinformation, about players age, I mistakenly posted the wrong information late last year which I took responsibility for by asking the players involved to forgive me and the nation" (Nigeria FA webmaster admits mistakes in players` details)
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by smartsoft(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2005
lol funny all the player don't have real age.. lol can u imagine saying Mikel obi is 18yrs.. thats what i heard, main looking at him do u think is 18yrs old lol funny
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Emma4dfuture(m): 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2008
Simply put,it's funny & sad
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2008
Sad, but necessary,
that is what happens when freelancers take it for-granted that you need to be professional, ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! make out a contract and get it signed with witnesses.

When your client NFA,NFF or SSS are in breach of the contract, quickly get NGO lawyers to sue their ignorant a@#sses,

Now they can claim they know no such thing as making promises to the webmaster, they can really do him side-ways without a word from civil rights orgs.

ALWAYS sign a contract, always
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Mustay(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2008
When our national coaches hardly sign contracts, what do you expect of an ordinary webmaster?
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by yawatide(f): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2008
Isn't this news like waaaaaaay old?
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by quickygal(f): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2008
@post
Its true that most nigerian webmasters dont update their site, for example this topic was posted in 2005 and should have been removed , and other worse topics
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Gonorrhea(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2008
Why have they not whisked the entire NFA off as well?! grin
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by Mustay(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2008
quickygal:

@post
Its true that most nigerian webmasters don't update their site, for example this topic was posted in 2005 and should have been removed , and other worse topics

As long as there are recent updates, a topic should not be deleted like this.

That's why we have archives
Re: NFA Webmaster Whisked Away by Security men by landis(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2008
From experience:

1. ALL the govt agencies dont even have INFO about themselves.

2. They hardly pay for web-site maintenance

3. They will never finish paying you for the actual design.

4. They are not REALLY interested in web as means of communication and reaching wider audience

(1) (Reply)

A Search Engine Marketing Strategy / Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 / You Can Run Web Hosting Business Without Being A Techi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.