Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC (6025 Views)

Batch A 2015 Passing Out Parade To Come Up In February 2016? / Bayelsa Nysc Ask Corpers To Return Inec Allowance / Corps Member Collapses During Swearing-in Ceremony In Jos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by CrazyMan(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Bayelsa will not conduct a passing-out ceremony for 2011 Batch ‘C’ corps members because of the flood disaster in the state, an official said.

The NYSC Public Relations Officer in Bayelsa, Mr Pius Iyamah, made the information  known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Yenagoa on Wednesday.

Iyamah said, ``the passing-out which is scheduled to hold on Oct.18, 2012 without the usual ceremony.

``We will assemble them at the secretariat and call out their names to receive their certificates due to the situation in the state occasioned by the flood disaster. ”

Iyamah disclosed that the ongoing distribution of relief materials to flood victims had compelled the NYSC to shelve the ceremony.

The Yenagoa City Hall normally used for the passing out ceremony by the NYSC has been turned to a storage centre for relief materials, he said.

NAN reports that the flood has also affected social and economic activities in Yenagoa, as almost every available space has been taken over by flood victims.

The victims are currently camped at the Indoor halls of Samson Siasia Sports Stadium, Bishop Dimeri Grammar School, and the premises of Community Primary School in Ovom, among others. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37814/2012/10/17/flood_no_passingout_ceremony_bayelsa_nysc.html

1 Like

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
Oh God, I cant believe some folks are going to miss that once in a lifetime ceremony cos of act of God. Its all good though, what can I say
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Kindluv3(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
Thanks GØ̲̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ ooooohhhhh
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Thok(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
'You thought me the clarion call..
Lets us Lift our nation Up..
Unda d sun or In the rain.......'... Na wah oo.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by eledalo: 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
Assemble at secretariat and read out names.
One can only imagine the sheer confusion that will envelope that place
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by gulfer: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
I served in this state 2002/2003, tell you what that state should have been christianed Rivers state2. A school i ass
isted in the evenings was washed away during the 2002 october rain.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
sign of the times
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by highlandre(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
The joy does not lie in any passing out parade or ceremony, but in completing the service year in peace. Na to collect the certificate be koko jor!

Congrats to tomorrow's NYSC graduates!!!

3 Likes

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
Thok: 'You thought me the clarion call..

Ehmmm, u joking right?! U seriously know that the first line is ' Youth Obey the clarion call'... U just want to pull our legs... Please say YES..

3 Likes

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ok
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by GARRIx7(m): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Can't they hold it else where??
These guyz will never in their lives have this P.O.P experience.

Take heart folks...
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by CyberG: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
Meaning Jona did not even construct any drainages to keep a flood at a manageable level in order for them to have a parade??
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Chongaiman: 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Thok: ...Unda d sun or In the rain.......'... Na wah oo.

But not in the flood - except if they want to have a Swimming Out Parade.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by chucky234(m): 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Thok: 'You thought me the clarion call..
I sure say Igbobi you served dats why you no even sabi anything,wetin be "You thought me the Clarion call"?
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by mrkels(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
I didn't do POP in my time so its no biggie!!! Elections and boko haram issue!
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
So sad
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Youngzedd(m): 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
Why not somewhere else.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
Pls tel Trans Atlantic Bank in Yenagoa to pay me my septmba ALAWI. This is 17th octoba 4 Gods sake and no alert. Oda bnks hve paid, y alwz Trans Atlantic and Mortgages Bank.

1 Like

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
Eyahhh....there wi be POP here in Osun-State...its been God all the way...Youth obey the clarion call,let us lift our nation high...under the sun or in d rain,with dedication n selflessness,Nigeria is ours ,Nigeria we serve...a good experience indeed...THANK U JEHOVAH.

1 Like

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
This would've been an opportunity to learn and demonstrate "Boat Parade!"
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by CrazyMan(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
Okoro2015:
Lol very funny.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Mujitapha(m): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Even during our time(batch B 2011) no any Parade,na just speech they do in that small hall,we just wait outside,after the speech we collect our certificate and that time no flood.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Royalty1(m): 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
CyberG: Meaning Jona did not even construct any drainages to keep a flood at a manageable level in order for them to have a parade??

I served in Bayelsa some years Back and the rainy season is always troble, talk less of now when there is flood everywhere. The whole of that state is water-logged so no amount of drainages. Can keep the state dry.
The only option is for them to build their houses and roads in the air. wink @Topic,
Guy, enjoy your passing out without d Parade. My Regards to Kaiama Camp and Sgt. Sam Loko(Is he even still there?)

2 Likes

Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by mkoabiola: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2012
Wat is d big deal abt d POP sef,even d NYSC secretariat is even flooded,I wondered were dey wil stay.I thank God it was not d year I was serving cos I wudnt av enjoyd n catch d fun.
I pity corp membas @d river rine area,na no go area by now.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Gee001: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
Okoro2015:
lwkmd @"boat parade". I jst pity my frnd who started counting down 10days 2 go, 9days 2 go...since last week n xpcting a POP while praying 2 God nt 2 allow flood spoil his day. It is well.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by cherrycoco(f): 11:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
In akwaibom,no pop too.is nt abt flood
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by odocity: 1:35am On Oct 18, 2012
first and foremost i think every problem always have a solution.what is then d solution to tackle this flood problem in almost every states in nigeria?Secondly i hope this flood problem will not affect paying corpers their allowance?
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by vitus101: 5:11am On Oct 18, 2012
POP is not goin to hold @ Ekiti also..but we re going to have POC (Passing Out Ceremony) at various zonal secretariats..But the highlights of the day is the collection of certificates and taking pictures with friends..What fun is there in POP? All the fun is reserved till evening for the after parry..Annunciation Sch,Ikere Ekiti..Baba God noni.!!
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Koachdee(m): 6:37am On Oct 18, 2012
If u're a corp memba or an ex-corp, u'll know dat there is no greater fun dan collectin ur certificate. As a fact they are being relieved of stress 4 not paradin. Enjoy d after party though...
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by SamAfrik(m): 6:43am On Oct 18, 2012
Only God can save Bayelsa frm water loggin problem. I never knew they moved POP frm d the military parade ground already.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Burger01(m): 8:16am On Oct 18, 2012
tchidi:

Ehmmm, u joking right?! U seriously know that the first line is ' Youth Obey the clarion call'... U just want to pull our legs... Please say YES..
Lolzzz. He probably did his service in Gombe... Lol.
Re: Flood: No Passing-out Ceremony In Bayelsa – NYSC by Ganys: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Oh God, I cant believe some folks are going to miss that once in a lifetime ceremony cos of act of God. Its all good though, what can I say
I missed mine on sept 11 2008 & heavy did not fall undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIM/NYSC Exams Schedule For Nov/Dec? / Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. / Meaning And Process Of NYSC Remobilization.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.