Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. (6038 Views)

Nobody Asked Abia Corpers To Leave The State On Or Before October 1st - NYSC / Kazaure & Corpers Condole With Family Of Yusuf Bomoi, Late NYSC Director-General / 10 Ways Corpers Ruin Their Lives During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
When you finish your program and you are posted to serve,

the relief you get because you are no longer a student, the weight of reading and the stress of schooling being lifted from you,

it naturally brings joy, the joy that comes with freedom from schooling.

That is why you are so happy when you are inside a vehicle from your state to the state you are posted: The journey of freedom.

But during your service, you begin to consider going back for a Masters, either in Nigeria or abroad.

This is because you feel that you have become a graduate and doing Masters is just going to be fun,

afterall you are not doing it to be educated, since your first degree already makes you educated.

I know so many people who thought this way. I equally thought that way and I always pictured myself doing Masters in BUK, Kano.

You want to feel like:
"Okay I am already a graduate, but I am now a post-graduate student."

You want to see those undergraduate students while you yourself are higher than them as a Masters student.

You want to feel that you are not doing it under the compulsive desire to get a degree (which is common during your undergraduate days), but voluntarily.

1 Like

Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
I thought that way and I started saving money to run a Masters.

But my fellow roommate (a corper also) advised me against starving myself all in a bid to save money for Masters, because according to him, maybe God had a better plan for me.

He said I might regret it if tomorrow, money came my way and I would be regretting starving myself instead of feeding well during my service year.

I thank God I listened to him.

Sometimes how we plan it may not be how it turns out.

It was after two years of service that I got to start a Masters and finished it after 4 years.

It was not even in BUK i did my Masters but in UDUS.

That is how life is: It may not be how you planned it.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by Hahjascho(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Everyone has different ways of achieving things. What you think didn't work for you could have been the saving grace of another fellow.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hahjascho:
Everyone has different ways of achieving things. What you think didn't work for you could have been the saving grace of another fellow.

Ok Sir.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by lecturer50(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
7victor:

When you finish your program and you are posted to serve.

The relief you get because you are no longer a student, the weight of reading and the stress of schooling being lifted from you,

it naturally brings joy, the joy that comes with freedom from schooling.

That is why you are so happy when you are inside a vehicle from your state to the state you are posted: The journey of freedom.

But during your NYSC, you begin to consider going back for a Masters, either in Nigeria or abroad.

This is because you feel that you have become a graduate and doing Masters is just going to be fun,

afterall you are not doing it to be educated, since your first degree already makes you educated.

I know so many people who thought this way. I equally thought that way and I always pictured myself doing Masters in BUK, Kano.

You want to feel like:
"Okay I am already a graduate, but I am now a post-graduate student."

You want to see those undergraduate students while you yourself are higher than them as a Masters student.

You want to feel that you are not doing it under the compulsive desire to get a degree (which is common during your undergraduate days), but voluntarily.

You are only speaking of University graduates.

What of Polytechnic graduates?
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
lecturer50:

You are only speaking of University graduates.

What of Polytechnic graduates?

Those who have Bachelor and those who have HND are all graduates.

Both think of doing Masters.

I knew some HND holders during my NYSC days who were very eager to start Masters.

They were making enquiries about Masters.

So this desire affects all graduates.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by Hahjascho(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
7victor:

Ok Sir.
Yeah. My assertion also doesn't nullify your own point of view.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hahjascho:
Yeah. My assertion also doesn't nullify your own point of view.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by saintvc(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
7victor:

Those who have Bachelor and those who have HND are all graduates.

Both think of doing Masters.

I knew some HND holders during my NYSC days who were very eager to start Masters.

They were making enquiries about Masters.

So this desire affects all graduates.

Hnd do master because they feel their certificate is not recognised in the job market compared to bsc counterpart.
Some want to test University life ( different from polytechnic life)

It is different from doing masters to feel bigger than undergraduate
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
saintvc:

Hnd do master because they feel their certificate is not recognised in the job market compared to bsc counterpart.
Some want to test University life ( different from polytechnic life)

It is different from doing masters to feel bigger than undergraduate

Ok Sir.

It's true.

I remember one HND holder who said the premier reason he was interested in Masters was because HND was below BSc.
Re: Why Corpers Always Feel Happy And Free, Think About Doing Masters. by 7victor(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2021

(1) (Reply)

2014/2015 Batch "B" Passing Out Parade Timetable / 3 Easy Steps To Getting Your Medical Certificate For NYSC / NYSC Empowers Physically Challenged Persons With Wheelchairs In Ondo [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.