Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery (25741 Views)

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce / Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Aikayy: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Funny!

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by ademiller(f): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
fellis: Good God.
I am doing C-section. Natural birth is not by force.
a few hours of pain is better than almost a yr of pain nd healin stitches. B wise.

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by harlos: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lady Adorable: I speak as a witness, i was actually in d labour room with my elder sister and her hubby too........
The nurses advised one of us should rub her waist wheneva d contractions came but as a baby my sis was she wanted us to rub her waste and feet, so i took to rubn d waste while the hubby rubbed d feet. So along the line, what i heard was a big Kpa! (punch) on the hubbys cheek; RUb my feet!
lwkmd o!
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by pendusky(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
I dont wish to experiece it 4 once... Heard it can be very easy when applying some some rules before the main game...
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by beethomas: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
I was with my elder sis during her labor cos her hubby wasn't in town, I confess fear wan finish me andto make mataz worse she was shouting and being a natural "pepper body" she took out the pain on me, meanwhile I was the one busy rubbing her back and waist each time the contractions came up. But eh, e no easy to be a woman o, I appreciate my mama and kudos to all mothers and soon to be mothers cos the pain no be here o. Abeg make una give una mama 3 GBOSA
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by speeder(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
safarigirl: I remember when my aunt was in labour the first time, her hubby was late and she said "Where is that useless man? He's the one that put me in this condition"

And when he got there and she was pushing, she cried out, "I will not do it again o, please, after this one, I will not do it again" and hubby laughed and replied, "No problem, we won't do it again"
so u dey where ur aunt dey born pikin. Wetin we no go hear for nija
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by bridgebaby: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Aunty Iyabo, my Aunt ordered her hubby to bring in his laptop into the labour ward and requested he put DAVIDO's "ema da mi duro" on repeat, in the highest volume, as she sang along on top of her voice. she didnt wait for 20 minutes in there before the baby came. i couldnt help but laugh when i heard the story! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by miqos02(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
bridgebaby: Aunty Iyabo, my Aunt ordered her hubby to bring in his laptop into the labour ward and requested he put DAVIDO's "ema da mi duro" on repeat, in the highest volume, as she sang along on top of her voice. she didnt wait for 20 minutes in there before the baby came. i couldnt help but laugh when i heard the story! cheesy
good one there
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Eneze1(f): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
bridgebaby: Aunty Iyabo, my Aunt ordered her hubby to bring in his laptop into the labour ward and requested he put DAVIDO's "ema da mi duro" on repeat, in the highest volume, as she sang along on top of her voice. she didnt wait for 20 minutes in there before the baby came. i couldnt help but laugh when i heard the story! cheesy

very funny grin
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by totorimi: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Every female ought to deliver so whats the fuss or is it a man that will deliver the baby. Even lower animals deliver ke
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by remmyton(f): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lady Adorable: I speak as a witness, i was actually in d labour room with my elder sister and her hubby too........
The nurses advised one of us should rub her waist wheneva d contractions came but as a baby my sis was she wanted us to rub her waste and feet, so i took to rubn d waste while the hubby rubbed d feet. So along the line, what i heard was a big Kpa! (punch) on the hubbys cheek; RUb my feet!

waste: a pack of trash shocked shocked shocked
i am sure you meant waist wink wink wink
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Tropilo(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2012

She plan am "keep" for hubby from house!
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by franchizy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
There is not hard in Labor, except d small pains and d woman wil push and dats all
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by candieangel12(f): 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Well during the birth of my little brother sum yrs ago was the first and only time I heard my mother curse. I was shocked. I guess my lil bros was the hardest pregnancy for her cus he has the biggest head in the family lol (no pun intended). Anyways while my mom was screaming out in pain and my dad was pacing around the room,she called my dad over and instructed him to hold her hand with a smile. My dad agreed and held her hand and then my mom says "Nkem you know I love you, but if u ever fukc me again, I will murder you." Never will forget that day LOL.haha, we still laugh over it.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by buchibabe: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
OMG! Wit all dis,I'm actually scared n wonder how mine will be. Me wey dey fear ordinary injection.God abeg o
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by tessyade: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Men this is funny!
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
ademiller: a few hours of pain is better than almost a yr of pain nd healin stitches. B wise.

Oh common, a year of pain?
The thing is variable, while some people might have pain that lasts for months, some others are good to go as from 2weeks.
Anyway, my mind is already made up so this point doesn't matter to me.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by babysnogls: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
My 1st sons delivery was an anticipated one so all i had was groan and moan with pains of contractions. Even d docs were impressd as a neighbour wouldnt stop screaming. Na so so 'hey! I don die o! Ds pikin go kill me o!'
My 2nd birth, my mum was d one around to take me to d hospital. I spoke in tongues truout! D pains... Unbearable!
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by linearity: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
In this day and age of advanced medical breakthroughs and simple medications like epidural, etc....

I think having a painful labor or child birth is now optional. A lot of women choose not to have anything to do with these drugs believing that the side effect on the mother/baby out weighs the benefits...other choose not to because, they prefer the old school method.

But whatever the situation, advances in medicine have made this an option. If you hate the pains, choose to skip at your next appointment with the delivery room.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by OmoAlata(f): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
pro01: My neighbour who's a nurse once told me that one loud-mouthed Yoruba woman cursed her child(?) for bringing her so much pain during labour - Ko ni da fun iya e, iwoo omo buruku yi. That's what she shouted angrily at her child.

This is so sad cry

and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, 'Because I bore him in pain.'

Jabez had to pray very hard before the curse was broken. This baby will also have to pray hard sad
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by ssainty(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote
author=Coldfeet]I was asking God to forgive me that I will never do it
again! grin grin because the pain was SOOO terrible that I thought God was
punishing me for getting pregnant out of wedlock! Well even after 3 more
births the pain seems to be the same undecided undecided undecided and all I say now is
THANK YOU JESUS!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!! OH JESUS!!![/quote]
d other 3 too(out of wedlock)?
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by olumidazz: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
When we got into the theatre, my madam manage to fly up from the bed headed straight to the window and was screaming mofe yagbe mofe yagbe (I wan to shit) for everybody to hear.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Jambsupport(f): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
234GT: Why should you say funny things? Methinks labour is a simple thing. Just go in and drop the baby.
lmfao
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Jambsupport(f): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
safarigirl: I remember when my aunt was in labour the first time, her hubby was late and she said "Where is that useless man? He's the one that put me in this condition"

And when he got there and she was pushing, she cried out, "I will not do it again o, please, after this one, I will not do it again" and hubby laughed and replied, "No problem, we won't do it again"
lmao so funny
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by ToyosiR(f): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
When i was at the labour room. I taught i was about dying and remembered its better for a good muslim to say laa i laahaa illaa Allah as the last word. So i started shouting that after telling the nurse i want to pooo and she said i should poo where i am.
THE FUNNY THING I SAID WAS JUST THE SHOUTING OF NURSEEEEEE!!!! EJOOOO MO FE YAAA GBEEEE. JEDI JEDI NN SHE MIIII OOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Mcdondayan: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
I had a friend who is a nurse. She said there was a woman in labour. After a long effort without success, she asked that her husband be called in. When the husband came in she asked him to come so she would tell him something. As soon as he came close she bit him so strongly on his ear and the man had to scream for the nurses to come to his rescue.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by AyeeIdris(f): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
linearity: In this day and age of advanced medical breakthroughs and simple medications like epidural, etc....

I think having a painful labor or child birth is now optional. A lot of women choose not to have anything to do with these drugs believing that the side effect on the mother/baby out weighs the benefits...other choose not to because, they prefer the old school method.

But whatever the situation, advances in medicine have made this an option. If you hate the pains, choose to skip at your next appointment with the delivery room.

My dear friend, the side effects DO make it unattractive. Advances in medicine are there to aid in complications in child birth, not just to help women who rather not go thru pains o! These "aids" are sometimes detrimental as it can lead to prolonged labour which in turn leads to CS. Most hospitals even in advanced countries advocate for natural birth. Recovery time easier. Use epidural and all those advanced medical help BECAUSE u NEED them, not just becos u want them.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by AyeeIdris(f): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
fellis:

Oh common, a year of pain?
The thing is variable, while some people might have pain that lasts for months, some others are good to go as from 2weeks.
Anyway, my mind is already made up so this point doesn't matter to me.

2 weeks ke?? I laugh! I know your mind is made up so I am not trying to change your mind but remember CS is first and foremost a major stomach SURGERY. No one heals from a major surgery in 2 weeks. Being fit to move around for 2 weeks doesn't mean u are well o. Doctors won't even let u exercise until after 6 weeks. The stitches can get infected, the stomach takes much longer to return to shape, you can only have done 3 times, meaning NO more than 3 kids for you, yada yada yada. If u want to avoid pain, u can opt for epidural. Even if that has its own side effects, but then again, what doesn't?
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Mrsilya: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
After going through such pains, some useless mothers have d mind to sell or dump their babies. Allah ya kiyaye!
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by UmericanGirl(f): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ayee Idris:

My dear friend, the side effects DO make it unattractive. Advances in medicine are there to aid in complications in child birth, not just to help women who rather not go thru pains o! These "aids" are sometimes detrimental as it can lead to prolonged labour which in turn leads to CS. Most hospitals even in advanced countries advocate for natural birth. Recovery time easier. Use epidural and all those advanced medical help BECAUSE u NEED them, not just becos u want them.

My experience has been that hospitals here push for inducing labor and when that fails turn to CS, or they just schedule the CS MONTHS in advance.

@Topic: I cant remember any of my births enough to have said something funny. I remember something strange.. Giving people my camera and telling them to take a picture as soon as the baby was born because if the baby died I at least wanted a picture of the baby alive first.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by iyke648(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
vitality33: I didnt say any funy thng dan continualy calln Jesus, jesus, jesus. infact d nos of times i calld jesus from 9 pm till 10 am in d morning was uncountable dt d name could hav brought down d hospital wards buildn. I thank God cos i didnt forget d precious name even in d time of unbearable suffering i had ever experienced in life.
did u scream d name wen u were doin n enjoyin d tin? cheesy
vitality33: I didnt say any funy thng dan continualy calln Jesus, jesus, jesus. infact d nos of times i calld jesus from 9 pm till 10 am in d morning was uncountable dt d name could hav brought down d hospital wards buildn. I thank God cos i didnt forget d precious name even in d time of unbearable suffering i had ever experienced in life.
did u scream d name wen u were doin n enjoyin d tin?
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by jiljosh(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
IfeLuvely: After my baby had already arrived,the midwife took the gas n air off me, n i said to her can i have a bit more please, she was like but your baby is already out, I said I dont care, gas n air makes me feel good! I only had gas n air no other thing, n that stuff was gooooooooooood, i wish i cud have it allday everyday! cheesy

WHats gas and air?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. / Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent / Pls Help, My Marriage Is Killing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.