Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? (10590 Views)

Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by bolaino(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
Well, for a wife to take her husband's money without his consent is wrong but understandable, (na woman she be) but for a man to take money from his wife's purse without her permission, it's plain wrong, dats stealing, like somebody rightly said one day he could take it outside, and I pray that he does'nt try it where people from ALUU reside, cos we know how those guys roll, but on a serious note, u have to talk to him, he's ur husband, tell him in a very concerned and caring way to stop it, cos bad habits are easy to start but difficult to stop, don't take this lightly o, na from purse e take dey start, before u know (god forbid) we might have another shina rambo or anenih.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
@OP
I want to believe you are not the wife

To be candid, whatever the man owns also belong to the wife, vice versa. She already knew the man is not financially buoyant that much, so let her keep tolerating him,pending the time he would be blessed with sufficiency. On the man's part, I think it's not a good thing not telling her all the time whenever he takes from her purse, prolly he must have been tired telling her all the time about it, most likely if the woman is the type that yell at him or a little stingy.

Anytime she noticed her money is being missing, there is no need to raise eyebrow over it,understanding, perseverance and tolerance must come to play.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
ArQueBusieR: We can't rule out kleptomania, can we? lol

Guy na wa for you ooooo. So a man would have taken money from his wife's purse without him needing it? I don't agree with your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by ubong560(m): 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
D man is d head of d huz and rightfully possess d ownership of d woman and all her belongings. Bt d best way is 2 let her knw.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by GentleNaaz(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
If its true dat 1+1=1, dn dia s ntn wrong wt takn money 4m ur spouse wtout prior or afterward notice. If u need mor xplanatn on d 1+1=1, go ask bracket.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Dranatomy: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Depends on how you both understand urselves
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by BabaO2: 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
selfish women/ladies as usual, she should walk away from the marriage

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
For better for worse. As long as you both are married, you become 1. So, don't complain.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by jhydebaba(m): 12:00am On Oct 21, 2012
OP, check the husband's pocket very well, u'll find baba ijebu (lottery) tickets there.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Exponental(m): 12:25am On Oct 21, 2012
Very simple.........
Keep money away from his reach.
Use the bank or thrift collectors (ajoo)
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by veracool247(f): 2:06am On Oct 21, 2012
[quote][/quote]Gained nothing.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Abujafood: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2012
ifyalways: @OP,is the husband jobless?
The first step is sitting the man down and ask him why he's stealing your money?let him know you are worried not cos of the petty cash he steals from you but the fact that he might one day try it outside. He could be kleptomaniac?
Don't mock him, be little or bruise his ego, ask as a loving concerned wife.

Come on what's hers is his and vice versa except if they didn't marry with that as a clause. But for a bf/gf no way
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by emyibe(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2012
family affairs pls stay away.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Wilsoncaleb(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2012
what God have joined together abeg let no man cause.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Arkti3(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Abeg I waka pass joor, mscheeeeew!
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Litmus: 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
In Nigeria, this is an enormous taboo.A man should never,ever look in a woman's bag, let alone take money.He would be labeled Woman-wraper.Real men don't do that, only thieves, and rubbish, scrapyard type boys do that sort of thing.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Litmus: only thieves, and rubbish, scrapyard type boys do that sort of thing.

Hahahahahahahaha!
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by Josphine4good(f): 3:50am On Oct 22, 2012
It is a simple problem to solve, what I will do is that I will grind fresh pepper and put it inside my purse so that once he goes there looking for my money to take no body will tell him what will happen to his hand undecided
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by chiteny(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2012
adetoks2010: Pls someone needs your advice!

How do you handle a situation where a husband keeps taking money from his wife's purse without her knowledge. They live alone together so no one else could be responsible. Before now, the wife doesn't bother counting the money she leaves in her handbag but when she realized that it's as if she's spending more than expected she started counting what she leaves in her bag. On a number of occasion though, the hubby agreed that he did take some money but not until she asked. She has requested politely a couple of times that he should let her know whenever he takes anything,once she complained with annoyance but most times she keeps quiet as if she didn't know.

From what I understand, the wives are most times guilty of this act, but is it something husbands do as well. Now, what do you think she can do without really hurting his feelings knowing that he's not too buoyant financially.

Mtchew, you should be happy your husband is stealing from you (and you know he is the one doing it all the time). Any way shaa, use pad lock on all your hand bags and purse.
Re: Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? by ogayor: 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Put only your lipsticks and other beauty accessories in your bag. Am sure he will not steal those ones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Tips For A Happy Marriage ? / How Can I Add Weight? / Are You Happy With Your Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.