Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts (930 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / A Thread For Catholics / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2012
1. If Jesus pre-existed, what did he pre-exist as

2. Why did the Spirit of the Son not overshadow Mary , why the Holy Spirit

3. Was the process of conception bypassed

4. How could God fit into a zygote

5. Why did GOD have to exalt Jesus if he pre-existed as GOD , why did he not just take his original position

6. If Jesus was begotten, when was he actually begotten
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Catholics I dey wait ooo grin
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
[/quote]If Jesus pre-existed, what did he pre-exist as[quote]

john1:1 answers you question.

IN THE BEGINING was the word and word was with God and the word was God.
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
I need answers to each question please !
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by italo: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel:

1. If Jesus pre-existed, what did he pre-exist as

2. Why did the Spirit of the Son not overshadow Mary , why the Holy Spirit

3. Was the process of conception bypassed

4. How could God fit into a zygote

5. Why did GOD have to exalt Jesus if he pre-existed as GOD , why did he not just take his original position

6. If Jesus was begotten, when was he actually begotten

1. If Jesus did not pre-exist, when did he start to exist?

2. Who said the Holy Spirit is not the Spirit of the Son?

3. Wasn't the process of conception bypassed?

4. How could God fit in a burning bush?

5. Why are surprised that God exalted him after he 'didn't consider equality with God a thing to be grasped and emptied himself and became as a slave'?

6. If Jesus wasn't begotten, how did his existence begin and when?
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by aletheia(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel: 1. If Jesus pre-existed, what did he pre-exist as
In heaven Jesus is the Word of God, whether in the past, at present or in the future.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:1

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:13

frosbel: 2. Why did the Spirit of the Son not overshadow Mary , why the Holy Spirit
Irrelevant straw man argument. Does the Bible mention or talk about "the Spirit of the Son"?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Luk 1:35

frosbel: 3. Was the process of conception bypassed

What do you understand by "the process of conception"? Conception in this context simply means "the action of conceiving a child or of a child being conceived." So you clearly know the answer to your question. . .but here is a hint to help you reason out the answer:
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same. . .

frosbel: 4. How could God fit into a zygote
Your sticking point. Here's an imperfect analogy: Man to God is like the bottle to the oceans. You can not pour the oceans into the bottle but you can put a portion of the oceans into the bottle.
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:7

Here is a question to you: why is it necessary for the scriptures to qualify Jesus with words such as was made in the likeness of men. Has it ever been necessary to qualify the sons of Adam in such terms?

frosbel: 5. Why did GOD have to exalt Jesus if he pre-existed as GOD , why did he not just take his original position
Your reading is incomplete. The exaltation is in relation to his descent from heaven into the lowly estate of man. Having descended and laid aside his glory. He is now exalted following His resurrection and ascension. Note that Jesus Himself testifies to His pre-Incarnate glory with the Father:

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 17:5

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Joh 3:13

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:6-7

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:9

frosbel: 6. If Jesus was begotten, when was he actually begotten
The answer is plain in the scripture. He was begotten at the specific point in time when the Word became flesh. Which is why this is written for our benefit:
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:7

The phrase this day refers to the specific point in time when Jesus is brought into the world. . .this is clear from the written record:
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:20

The Greek word translated "conceived" in Matt 1:20 is the same word translated "begotten" in Acts 13:33, Heb 1:5, Heb 5:5 etc.

And so. . .
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Rom 1:3-4

The verse above definitely references the hypostasis.
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Frosbel, dont you get tired of doing this.
I thought you opened a final rebuttal some days back.
Is being unitarian or trinitarian the yardstick to make heaven?
Do you mean by all this, that all trinitarians from time immemorial are going to hell?
How does this help develop the spiritual life of a christain?
Are there not areas we christains are lagging that you should channel this energy to?
Is this the central theme of christainity?
With all the debates what have we achieved so far?
Has it made trinitarians or unitarians to abondon their notion?
Doing the same thing over and over again without achieving anything meaningful is useless. I've heard enough.

1 Like

Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Image123(m): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
oops, see exposition eh. if only they had eyes. like Jesus spoke of some that had ears, an indicate that some don't have.
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Rich4god(m): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
Na you dey run now ooo. Just 1 hour of opening a thread and you are shouting...
frosbel: Catholics I dey wait ooo grin
And now its almost a day and no reply from you. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rich4god: Na you dey run now ooo. Just 1 hour of opening a thread and you are shouting...
And now its almost a day and no reply from you. grin grin grin grin grin

yeye,

You think I monitor Nairaland 24/7 grin

Expect my response tomorrow !
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by Rich4god(m): 3:11am On Oct 19, 2012
frosbel:

yeye,

You think I monitor Nairaland 24/7 grin

Expect my response tomorrow !

So you were expecting the catholics to monitor nairaland 24/7... tongue tongue
Re: Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts by italo: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Ok Frosbel, we wait patiently for you repLIES.

(1) (Reply)

Does God Laugh? / Meet The Man Who’s Been To Heaven 4 Times / VIDEO & PIC: Blood Flows In Holy Ceremony: Muslim Devotees Turn Mosque Floor Red

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.