Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,011 members, 7,828,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? (1041 Views)

Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by plaetton: 6:03am On Oct 19, 2012
...That god does not know everything?

In Numbesr 22:9 we read ; And God came unto Balaam, and asked him, what men are these with thee?

If Yahweh, the Hebrew god was omniscience, then he obviously had some lapses on his "all knowing" qualities. Just another one of the contradictions from the Bible.
Anyone care to explain?
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2012
Whoops!

grin grin grin
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by CrazyMan(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton: ...That god does not know everything?

In Numbesr 22:9 we read ; And God came unto Balaam, and asked him, what men are these with thee?

If Yahweh, the Hebrew god was omniscience, then he obviously had some lapses on his "all knowing" qualities. Just another one of the contradictions from the Bible.
Anyone care to explain?
Read the passage below...God knew that Adam had sinned, but he wanted him (Adam) to admit it with his own lips.

God knows everything.

Genesis 3:9-12. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Now look at this other passage below...

Exodus 4:2-3.  And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. 3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

Would you say that God didn't know that moses was carrying a staff in his hand?

Of course not...God knows all things (psalm 139:7-16)

Now to your passage...I believe that God was having an interactive session with Balaam, hence the question.

Sometimes God just allows us tell him what we want. (2 chronicles 1:7)

Sometimes, God might decide to engage us in discussions...I've already provided two similar passages. So the question about him (God) being omniscience shouldn't be countered with very poor evidence...next time try to come up with something stronger.

I hope I've answered your question.

2 Likes

Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by plaetton: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
Read the passage below...God knew that Adam had sinned, but he wanted him (Adam) to admit it with his own lips.

God knows everything.

Genesis 3:9-12. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Exodus 4:2-3.  And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. 3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

Now to your passage...I believe that God was having an interactive session with Balaam, hence the question.

Sometimes, God might decide to engage us in discussions...I've already provided two similar passages. So the question about him (God) being omniscience shouldn't be countered with very poor evidence...next time try to come up with something stronger.

Good try my friend, but you did not prove anything. You put a spin to validate what you believed.

There was no proof in the passges you quoted to show that god knew in advance, the answers tot he questions he was asking.

You just simply filled in the blanks for him, in the typical Nairaland Yahwehist's tradition.
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by cyrexx: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2012
Check out this cool video about a Bible Quiz based on several contradictions in the Bible.

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk&feature=g-all-c

1 Like

Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by OmoAlata(f): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton:
Anyone care to explain?

So that Balaam can dig a hole for himself by trying to explain who the men are and what their business is smiley
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by CrazyMan(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton: Good try my friend, but you did not prove anything. You put a spin to validate what you believed.
No...I think its ignorance on your part.

Would you tell me that God didn't know that moses was holding a staff in his hand?

Or that God didn't know that Adam had sinned against him?

Stop being ignorant and read the passage before you.

plaetton: There was no proof in the passges you quoted to show that god knew in advance, the answers tot he questions he was asking.
If there was no proof, then why did God tell moses that he's sending him to deliver his people?

If God didn't know all things, why would he ask someone to approach a king and demand that he (the king) frees his people.

Do you know the consequences of challenging a king who doesn't know God? Not to mention that the challenger's people are slaves to this very king.

Ignorance again on your part...learn to read the bible carefully. Don't just post passages and demand answers.

plaetton: You just simply filled in the blanks for him, in the typical Nairaland Yahwehist's tradition.
How if I may ask?

You asked a question, and I gave you an answer.

I think its you atheist who should be blamed here. You ask questions, and when answers are given, you take your time reading through it (the answers) to find something to argue with.
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2012
CrazyMan:

God knows everything.

Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by plaetton: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
No...I think its ignorance on your part.

Would you tell me that God didn't know that moses was holding a staff in his hand?

Or that God didn't know that Adam had sinned against him?

Stop being ignorant and read the passage before you.

If there was no proof, then why did God tell moses that he's sending him to deliver his people?

If God didn't know all things, why would he ask someone to approach a king and demand that he (the king) frees his people.

Do you know the consequences of challenging a king who doesn't know God? Not to mention that the challenger's people are slaves to this very king.

Ignorance again on your part...learn to read the bible carefully. Don't just post passages and demand answers.

How if I may ask?

You asked a question, and I gave you an answer.

I think its you atheist who should be blamed here. You ask questions, and when answers are given, you take your time reading through it (the answers) to find something to argue with.

I quoted a simple bible verse. Obviously you had no explaination for it, rather eat humble pie and admit so, you decided to show me case studies of Yahweh and moses and then you filled in what Yahweh should have known , etc.

I dont know how, in your mind, the moses assage somehow proves that Yahweh knows everything.
I dont mean to be impolite, but I scuff at that type of convoluted logic.
I showed a particular instance where yahweh's omni-whatever is called into question, and your response to that was to try to prove, by conjecture alone, that yahweh was omni-whatever in another situation with moses and adam, and therefore..............?
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by tpia5: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
I.diocy.
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by CrazyMan(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
plaetton: I quoted a simple bible verse. Obviously you had no explaination for it, rather eat humble pie and admit so, you decided to show me case studies of Yahweh and moses and then you filled in what Yahweh should have known , etc.
You are the one who should feel ashamed for yourself.

You atheists piss me off at times.

You provided a bible passage that looked confusing to you, and asked for an explanation, I provided similar passages in line with what you gave, so as to make that which looks confusing to you easy.

But you said no I must explain your original passage.

Now tell me, who amongst us should eat your humble pie?

plaetton: I dont know how, in your mind, the moses assage somehow proves that Yahweh knows everything.
I dont mean to be impolite, but I scuff at that type of convoluted logic.
I showed a particular instance where yahweh's omni-whatever is called into question, and your response to that was to try to prove, by conjecture alone, that yahweh was omni-whatever in another situation with moses and adam, and therefore..............?
That's exactly what you came here to do...scuff.

If you came with an open mind to learn as you claimed, you wouldn't drag this conversation to this length.

But since you came to scuff, I'm not surprised.
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by Image123(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
cman get enagy sha. Proverbs 18v2
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by Thekeeper(m): 3:03am On Oct 20, 2012
All this atheists sef. . .always trying to prove their point. .as if there's a reward attached to it,if u like prove and disprove God's omniscience till u drop dead,it doesnt change anything.fact is,He remains d unmoved mover. . . .God eternal,God sublime,God b4 our eyes..wether or not u believe. . .note,i'm nt a religious fanatic..peace
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 20, 2012
The_keeper: All this atheists sef. . .always trying to prove their point. .as if there's a reward attached to it,if u like prove and disprove God's omniscience till u drop dead,it doesnt change anything.fact is,He remains d unmoved mover. . . .God eternal,God sublime,God b4 our eyes..wether or not u believe. . .note,i'm nt a religious fanatic..peace
lol...
Re: OOPS. What Is This Bible Verse Saying? by cyrexx: 5:40am On Oct 20, 2012
The_keeper: All this atheists sef. . .always trying to prove their point. .as if there's a reward attached to it,if u like prove and disprove God's omniscience till u drop dead,it doesnt change anything.fact is,He remains d unmoved mover. . . .God eternal,God sublime,God b4 our eyes..wether or not u believe. . .note,i'm nt a religious fanatic..peace

Of course, you are always free to hold your silly and superstitious myths and beliefs about your imaginary god, while we are always free to point them out for people to see how silly, superstitious, mythical and unbelievably shallow they are.

No problem either way.

Peace too.

(1) (Reply)

Sacrificed For The Wedding: Pls Advise / A 2 Years-old-african-pastor-preacher-girl / Is ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.