Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? (24561 Views)

Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by YoursGEJ(m): 5:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Mine:

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain that build it: unless the LORD keeps the city, the watchman wakes, but in vain.

God is the foundation of everything I do. Putting him first is the very first step to success

Oya next

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by bosa1(m): 6:12am On Sep 27, 2015
“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34 MSG

This scripture open my eyes to the fact that there's something God is doing on the face of the earth and he wants us to get involved in it. All my daily desire, dreams is in what God is doing. All I need to do is to get it right and let my own agenda be replaced with God's Agenda.
Question: What is it that God is doing?
Answer: God is in the business of reconciling people back to himself and that is the reason why he sent his only begotten Son- Jesus and when Jesus was leaving this earth, he committed the same assignment into our hands to continue in what the father is doing.
This might be the time for you to get it right, relax and get employed by God. The Bible says God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by amnesty7: 6:12am On Sep 27, 2015
Songs of Solomon. Very very wink

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by christinie(f): 6:24am On Sep 27, 2015
The bible in Ecclesiasts Chapter 11:9 says: "Young people enjoy your youth. Be happy while you are still young. Do what you want to do, and follow your heart's desire.  But remember that God is going to judge you for whatever you do".

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by DebbyChris(f): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2015
Ecc9:10 Whatever you do, do it well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.

Anything you want to do it with everything in u and make sure you do it well, if you want to serve God serve him well cause when you cross to the other side you can't do anything.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Dekatron(m): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2015
undecided

philipians 4:19

"For my God shall provide all thine need according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus"

I am an atheist, but I like the verse.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2015
Why not favorite "Eze goes to school" verse?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by permsec: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2015
All of them. Why? because they serve different purpose for me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by realtestament(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Because money is involved cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by justi4jesu(f): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Proverbs 22:1

A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Matthew 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it’s own”

smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Bonapart(m): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Galatians 2v18
Go and check it now. after you will be the one to tell me why smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Laveda(f): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2015
"But he was wounded for our transgressions,he was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon him; AND WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED" smiley cheesy

Isaiah 53:5

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Osirimononaye(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 23

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Ojestas(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2015
James 1 : 5

If any of you lack wisdom, let him
ask of God, that giveth to all men
liberally, and upbraideth not; and it
shall be given

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2015
I've got so many o.

Mine is Joshua 1:8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth. Thou shall meditate on it day and night. Thou must he careful to do all that us written in it, that way, thou shall make thy way prosperous and have good success.

This passage is like the expo of being a Christian.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by NinaArsenal(f): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 91 nd 51.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Swiftkey(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 83:18

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2015
Wow....e plenty o
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by doctorclifford(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2015
amnesty7:
Songs of Solomon. So biblical.
HMM
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2015
Join me in celebrating God for adding an extra year to me. Today is my birthday. Am happily +1. Guess what about so many years ago, on a Sunday like this day , I came into this world against the will of the Devil. And alas I have been a growing Champion

#proudlyseptemberborn

37 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by tdayof(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Swiftkey(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 83:18,,,,,,,reason go and read it.......

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by nawtibownie: 7:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Every verse in the book of psalms and1 Peter 2:1-2

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 27, 2015
ifeness:
Why not favorite "Eze goes to school" verse?
Their ancestors were fools. Their ancestor's didnt know nothing. Their ancestors were apes, just walking in the bushes until the Lord found them.

Their ancestors had no culture or tradition. David was an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by whothiefmymoney(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2015
James 5vs15-17

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 27, 2015
1) Matthew 6 verse 33

Which says
"seek ye the KINGDOM OF GOD first and his righteousness and every other thing shall be added unto u"

2) Amadioha 18cc v 6.

Which says
that "NO matter how strong a man is, he can never challenge his Chi(God) to a fight but even when he does he should be prepared to dance with the spirits that night".

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by englishmart(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2015
every verse from Genesis to revelation is my favourite verse

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by kekakuz(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2015
[size=20pt] remember your lord God in the days of your youth
before the evil days comes and you will say I have no pleasure in them.

the whole of chapter 12 talked about how difficult it is to enjoy life and work for God when old age comes
[/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by dridowu: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2015
Not a Christian but i love this part

Proverb 26;4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.