Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend (1332 Views)

President Buhari To Address The UN General Assembly Shortly / Obasanjo During His Thanksgiving Service Shortly After He Left Prison / Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by geeez: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Posted by Roti in Home » General, News, World news on October 19, 2012 - Leave Your Comment
This is the true life story of Sandeep Singh, a 22-year-old Massachusetts man nicknamed “Sunny,” who has been working two jobs to help support his family and was recently dumped by his girlfriend.
Hardly able to take in reality of his situation yet, Singh continually takes deep breaths while answering questions from reporters during most of the press conferences; he acknowledged that he was feeling “overwhelmed”. He also shared the touching story of how he has worked two jobs from the age of 14 to help his mother and sister pay the bills after his father passed away.
When he found out he had won, he said: “I was in my sister’s room on the computer reading the numbers… I didn’t know what to do. I dropped the ticket.”
Asked if he had any children, spouse or girlfriend, Singh noted his girlfriend had just left him: “She broke up with me, but right now, I’m not really worried about it… I was heartbroken at first, but now I’m getting over it.”
Of what he plans to do with his winnings Singh said, “Helping my mom with the mortgage, helping my family and, like, donating some money to the community; aside from that, nothing that I want to do, really.”
Sing had initially won $4 on a lotto scratch ticket and used the winnings to purchase four quick-pick Mega Millions tickets. He’s decided to take the $30.5 million in a lump sum, which the Boston Globe says will equal about $16.1 million after taxes.

4 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by geeez: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Now of you were that girl, what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by nairabacks(f): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
If I was d girl, I will just keep going down the road. If she dare tries a comeback..
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
Serves her right!

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
I'll play to win mine.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 2million1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
This american tax sef...after tax na only 16.1mill go remain
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 2million1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
U work u pay tax, u win money u go pay tax too. This american tax sef...after tax na only 16.1mill go remain
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Horus(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
I know a similar real case like this one. Before the woman dump the guy she said: I am leaving you because you are all time financialy broke. When the guy win several millions at the lotto two weeks after, the woman came back to knock on his door. When the guy opened the door and saw her he just slammed the door in her face.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by nairabacks(f): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na only slam ??

Horus: I know a similar real case like this one. Before the woman dump the guy she said: I am leaving you because you are all time financialy broke. When the guy win several millions at the lotto two weeks after, the woman came back to knock on his door. When the guy opened the door and saw her he just slammed the door in her face.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Ymodulus: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
i would not slam the door at her but blive me i wud use a plank to hit the hell outta her.
shes a bit*h going aafta a guy for money. stories like this gives me confidence daily as to why i need to be a single father. rubbish
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Callotti: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
I would miss his money. . .but not him.
There is a reason for the break-up. . . . .?
I WOULD HAVE LEFT YOU TOO . . .if your priority was YOUR FAMILY OVER MOI! cool
The possession of wealth does not make a man. . . .OR WOMAN. kiss
Let him tell us why they broke up. wink
Hopefully, she should play her own lotto and win some money too! OR LAND A WEALTHIER MAN FOR HERSELF WITH ALL THE LOVE TOO! cool
Money does not buy love, peace or happiness. kiss

He’s decided to take the $30.5 million in a lump sum, which the Boston Globe says will equal about $16.1 million after taxes.

Nice pocket money. . . .but can't buy love.
Move on brother. . . money cannot save your relationship . . . ESPECIALLY, IF YOU SUCK AT IT.
Now that you have some 'money'. . . Lerrus see what excuses you will come up with in your next relationship.
Hope your family can be taken care of without you laboring 3-10 jobs to be the 'caring son'? wink
It was already broke before you hit the Jackpot
Move on bro and all the best with your fortune.
Babe has moved on!
Cherrrrriooooo !!!!!
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Don4life: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
na w ao tongue

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Etisalat Mini Experience Centre In Total Filling Stations / The Federal Government Today Flagged Off The Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Enug / Opposition’s Plot To Attack Jonathan’s Performing Aides Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.