Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

WEIRD NEWS: Facebooker Hires Woman To Slap Him. - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / WEIRD NEWS: Facebooker Hires Woman To Slap Him. (677 Views)

Photos: 10 Extremely Weird And Crazy Wedding Ceremonies / Utterly Weird Japan (they Just Don't Give A Damn What The World Thinks) / Man Who Was A Woman To Wed Woman Who Was A Man; Britain’s First Double Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WEIRD NEWS: Facebooker Hires Woman To Slap Him. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
. A US computer programmer is paying a woman £5 an hour to slap him if he uses Facebook at work. Do you think this is a great way to curb distractions?

Read story:

A US computer programmer is paying a woman £5 an hour to slap him if he uses Facebook at work.

Maneesh Sethi reckons employing Kara has helped quadruple his daily output, reports The Sun.

Mr Sethi, from San Francisco, placed an advert on classifieds website Craigslist to recruit someone willing to monitor him at work.

He said he felt embarrassed after calculating he wasted around 19 hours every week looking at social media websites.

He wrote on his blog: "Humans are social animals - we aren't designed to live and work alone.

"Now that the average worker's job is to sit in front of a computer, often with no supervision, it's no surprise that we are only productive three days each week.

"Having worked mostly alone, on my computer, I found that the majority of my time is spent unproductively."

"I figured 'This is stupid, why am I wasting this time doing nothing?'

"When I have a boss, or someone of authority watching me, I always get my work done. How can I simulate the authority figure?"

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! Teenager Sells App For $30 Million To Yahoo And Why You Should Care! / Benin Stands For Glo Laffta Fest…as Salvador, Wande Coal, Basket Mouth, 14 Other / Who Dont Love This ? Despit Any Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.