Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,177 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? (2447 Views)

Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. / Pastor Dies On Pulpit After Giving Powerful Sermon / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? by obstead200(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2008
I 'm a christian and I believe in the bible and in God. But I dont always believe my pastors. Sometimes when they preach on the pulpit, I find myself analysing their statements and sorting out the Lies from the truth. At times the lies could be so obvious that if u are sober enough to think logically, even a child will discover that a story is fictitious. Actually, I've tried to stop this cos I feel I,m blaspheming by calling the man of God a liar, but I can't help it.
Do u always believe ur pastors?
Re: How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? by osisi5: 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2008
Are these "lies" his biblical teachings or stories he tells ?
If you think your pastor tells lies,all you need to do is crosscheck the teachings in your own Bible.
You do have a Bible,don't you?

Never ever make the mistake or believing whatever any MOG says just because he says so.
If it's not in line with the Bible,it's definitely not of God
and if you' are a student of the Bible and have the Spirit indwelling ,you will know when someone is out of line.

For instance,if a preacher tells his congregation that God says everyone in there have to give an offering of $300 so that he can protect them in the year 2008
You'll know that was not God,we never have to buy our blessings and protection if so the poor will be left out
His mercies are freely given.
Now we can sow a seed and believe for a harvest,that is different and that is also done willingly.

see what the Bible says
Available Translations and Versions for 1Jo 4:1

[b]KJV - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
King James Version 1611, 1769

NKJV - 1Jo 4:1 - BELOVED, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson

NLT - 1Jo 4:1 - Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

NIV - 1Jo 4:1 - Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

New International Version © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society

ESV - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version © 2001 Crossway Bibles

NASB - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
New American Standard Bible © 1995 Lockman Foundation

RSV - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Revised Standard Version © 1947, 1952.

ASV - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
American Standard Version 1901 Info

Young - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, every spirit believe not, but prove the spirits, if of God they are, because many false prophets have gone forth to the world;
Robert Young Literal Translation 1862, 1887, 1898 Info

Darby - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, if they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
J.N.Darby Translation 1890 Info

Webster - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Noah Webster Version 1833 Info

HNV - 1Jo 4:1 - Beloved, don't believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Hebrew Names Version 2000 Info

Vulgate - 1Jo 4:1 - carissimi nolite omni spiritui credere sed probate spiritus si ex Deo sint quoniam multi pseudoprophetae exierunt in mundum
Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405 A.D. Info
[/b]
Re: How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? by obstead200(m): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2008
What I mean is a situation where pastors tell testimonies that never really happen that way or adjust stories to suit his purpose, forgeting that he had previously told that same story in another way.
Re: How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? by amsky(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2008
you are not blaspheming.some actually do tell pure white lies lipsrsealed.you are only facing reality
Re: How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2009
Apart from the fact that some of them regularly lie on the pulpit they have some instituitonalized and indoctrinated lies with which they use to extort money from the congregation. Such lies include tithing, seed sowing and first fruit which they preach from twisted scriptures.

(1) (Reply)

A Comparison between Visions From Hell and the Rich MAN and Lazarus Parable. / What Is The Abuja Declaration Of 1989 And Have You Seen The Edited Declaration. / Wrong Question: Are You A "Redeemer"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.