Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (37473 Views)

Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: you are just bitter , igboland remains the only region being developed by the people so we should be the one preaching to you. your leaders are using your money to buy mansions outside the country causing capital flight while igbos are using theirs to invest in nigeria real estate , manufacturing .thereby contributing their quota in curbing capital flight not just from nigeria but from africa. aquiring wealth is not a crim , nobody keeps money in his house , the money is kept in the bank for others to collect as loan and develop themselves. wake up and stop being bitter.

Bitter? What's there to be bitter about?

Are Igbos superior to any group in Nigeria? Absolutely not... If anything, Northerners should be the ones screaming superiority because they have held everyone on the chokehold in the country... They run Nigeria!!!

You guys need to get back to nation building and stop making noise all over the web - it's getting annoying... If you're not blaming people for genocide, you're claiming to be superior...

The question is: when are Igbos going to stop blowing their own trumpets based on stupid comparisons and get back to nation building??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: seun is the owner of nairaland , the chief tribalist.

Yeah i know he is the Owner of the site..i was asking of what group though..

What Ethnic group is He from...
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by na2day(m): 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
I've spent hours reading this thread from page one and I must confess- I'm thoroughly heart broken by what I've read so far!
Small consolation - I thank God that this is being displayed on the internet ( a place where anyone can say anything and get away with it)
Rewind back to 1966 - this kind of display was what led to the progrom!
I sure hope our Igbo brethren will not take this from cyberspace to the real world?
Your loving Yoruba hosts may turn out to be your worst nightmare!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: you didnt call it bragging whne he claimed yorubas started first but its now bragging when he claimed igbos caught up. is it in your dna or what?

No one asked him to say that - and you don't see Yoruba academics talking about past glory...

Perhaps, we can both agree that Achebe thrives on trbalism, no??
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
shymexx:

Bitter? What's there to be bitter about?

Are Igbos superior to any group in Nigeria? Absolutely not... If anything, Northerners should be the ones screaming superiority because they have held everyone on the chokehold in the country... They run Nigeria!!!

You guys need to get back to nation building and stop making noise all over the web - it's getting annoying... If you're not blaming people for genocide, you're claiming to be superior...

The question is: when are Igbos going to stop blowing their own trumpets based on stupid comparisons and get back to nation building??
what superiority , your the ones getting mad at anything igbo without reading it, your the ones threatning to take igbos people land and house that they laboured for, your the ones crying about how igbos are in lagos yet you attack any thread that has to do with disintegration.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
~Royal~:

Yeah i know he is the Owner of the site..i was asking of what group though..

What Ethnic group is He from...
yoruba
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by blasterman(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: my friend shut up , you have nothing to say , low life like you should stop polluting nairaland. we are in ourland nigeria, if you want it to stop being ourland then form your own country or cut out your so called land out of nigeria mumu.
oh our land Nigeria bloody fool now ur head don they correct small small. If them no talk sense into ur dense brain u would not reason.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: yoruba

Ohhhhhhhhh Word?

No wonder all my Anti-Yoruba Comments be deleted with such quickness lol

My Anti Igbo Comments stay for Dayz lmfao

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by DonEwexco(m): 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
Truth is always bitter!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
shymexx:

No one asked him to say that - and you don't see Yoruba academics talking about past glory...

we do , yorubas brag every day about being politically sophiscated and nobody is cutting anybody head for that. you claim yorubas are the most educated and we try to prove you wrong with facts and not tribal war. use your heads for one. prove him wrong with facts and not insulting igbo people
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: The funny thing about all of this is that the more Achebe talks, the more my beloved Awolowo is vindicated cheesy grin

I hope he continues talking.
this is what I dont like. you cant play with the peoples intelligence via propaganda. Tell me how the war criminal awolowo was vindicated here. The correct thing is, the more chapters of Achebe's memoir is revealed, the more restless the war criminal gets in the grave. unlike you Awolowo would not wish he continues talking. Anyways seems you guys are desperate for Awolowo to be vindicated but sorry, its not coming. Awolowo remains a war criminal who committed suicide. Live with it man
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
blasterman: oh our land Nigeria bloody fool now ur head don they correct small small. If them no talk sense into ur dense brain u would not reason.
nigeria or no nigeria we will survive but we still believe we are better of without nigeria, why do you have a problem with that? why does it pain you soo much that some people dont want to be part of this country, check yourself.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: what superiority , your the ones getting mad at anything igbo without reading it, your the ones threatning to take igbos people land and house that they laboured for, your the ones crying about how igbos are in lagos yet you attack any thread that has to do with disintegration.

Maybe, if Achebe didn't mention Yoruba in his nonsense, Yoruba people won't be on this thread, no?? Just maybe...

And maybe, if Igbos don't go about taunting their hosts in Lagos that they make up 90% of the population - and stay trying to become a governor there, Yoruba people won't attack them...

You guys stay generating negative energy and hatred upon yourselves - and the push comes to shove, you'll start playing the blame game... To be honest, I'm starting to believe everything Dr. Ozuji said in "Why do Igbos go Around Looking for Trouble." The guy knows Igbos better than anyone - and I'll read more of his scholarship!!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
~Royal~:

Ohhhhhhhhh Word?

No wonder all my Anti-Yoruba Comments be deleted with such quickness lol

My Anti Igbo Comments stay for Dayz lmfao
your lucky to not get the bans that comes with it. Its not seun tho, its the folks on my signature. bloody bigots.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Empero67: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
Coldfeet: Yesterday it was Elechi Amadi today it is Chinua Achebe! Why are the elderly of today not choosing their words with wisdom? Am IGBO by the way and I don't see myself as superior to others neither do I see others as superior to me! Things have indeed fallen apart.

Mr Igbo, There is nothing in Achebe's writings that suggest he sees the Igbo as superior. He simply stated that our culture and tradition made it possible for us to function more effectively in any environment . Why are people crying over a naked truth. I can see that the quality of learning in Nigeria is so low that people cannot interprete simple English. Is Achebe saying the Igbos are superior when at the same time he portrayed them as hubris, noisy and eager to show off. We know our short comings as a people. We also know our strenghts and it is our strenghts that some illogical contributors here are mistaken for superior complex. May I tell them that their likeness or hared or otherwise means nothing to the Igbos. The Igbos can surely do with and without their love.I say this with all sence of modesty and respect for those with concience and regard for historical facts. Facts are sacred. Truth is bitter but it must be told. Nigeria is a big mess today because we do not appreciate the truth when it comes from people we do not agree with.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ichidodo: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
shymexx:

Individualism based on wealth accrued, invested, and spent outside your abode is greediness and extreme capitalism... However, if that's how Igbos are - you lot still have a long way to go before you can compete with your peers... That also shows that Igbos haven't fully evolved yet, hence why you continue to blame everyone and make inane comparisons over absolutely nothing...

To be honest, you guys are the laughing stock of Nigeria... You need to change your skewed mentality and look for ways to build a community-based society... Time is of the essence!!
POINT OF CORRECTION. WE ARE THE ENVY OF NIGERIA AND WE WIL CONTINUE TO EVOLVE WETHER U LIKE AM OR NOT. F**k yeribas.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by tunnytox(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
FreeGlobe:
this is what I dont like. you cant play with the peoples intelligence via propaganda. Tell me how the war criminal awolowo was vindicated here. The correct thing is, the more chapters of Achebe's memoir is revealed, the more restless the war criminal gets in the grave. unlike you Awolowo would not wish he continues talking. Anyways seems you guys are desperate for Awolowo to be vindicated but sorry, its not coming. Awolowo remains a war criminal who committed suicide. Live with it man

Awolowo was a war criminal? Then what is ojukwu and many other biafran generals? Bloody hypocrites!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
shymexx:

Maybe, if Achebe didn't mention Yoruba in his nonsense, Yoruba people won't be on this thread, no?? Just maybe...

And maybe, if Igbos don't go about taunting their hosts in Lagos that they make up 90% of the population - and stay trying to become a governor there, Yoruba people won't attack them...

You guys stay generating negative energy and hatred upon yourselves - and the push comes to shove, you'll start playing the blame game... To be honest, I'm starting to believe everything Dr. Ozuji said in "Why do Igbos go Around Looking for Trouble." The guy knows Igbos better than anyone - and I'll read more of his scholarship!!
why should he not mention awolowo or yorubas, are you not part of this country? why do you mention that igbos carried out 1966 coup ? who gave you licnse to mention igbos? dispute his claims and stop turning it into tribal war. as for looking for trouble yorubas have said more disgusting thing about igbos than igbos on yorubas so lets not even go there. its not a surprise that its only in yoruba websites that such happen , igbo websites promote all nigeria cultures and african culture and music so you are the ones taunting us.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Dejiro(m): 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
Prof. Achebe should know that

1)If you think your father has the largest farm, you may need to re-examine the extent of your neighbours' farm boundaries.
2)If you are sure your neighbour has only 9 fingers, it will be insensitive to start counting yours to his face.
3)If your yam farm brought better harvest than your neighbour's, it will be insensitive to insist on building a yam barn in front of his house.

Prof., despite his personal opinion, should also know that

1)It is not every cloth, no matter how wet, that you spread in the sun.
2)The oldest among the drum maker's dogs should not be the one to eat the leather that is meant for drum making.
3)There will be chaos where the chief hunter in his bid to run from a wild animal, chooses the direction of the market square.

finally,
Prof. should give us a legacy that will make love to spread among us and not hatred. My brothers and sisters can we forget about this division and embrace love? forget about who or what is right or wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
shymexx:

Achebe thrives on the truth. The truth needs to be said. We are from a culture that believes on truth and not deception.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ektbear: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
If he is a war criminal, make you take his case to some international court have him posthumously declared as one grin cheesy
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by 9javoice1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
To be sincere yorubas are tribalists , no insult intended.

All they do is just defend and accuse without deep thinking.
Only Katsumoto has tried to use false logic to bail them, but we caught him as soon as he drop the post, then he ran away. Others is just barking Without points.

The great Achebe did not even spear the ibos in the book nor hausa people. What is wrong with this yorubas?

Say anthing about yorubas even if its diluted truth all of them will go wild.

Pls let's learn from each other virtue and improve our society.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: we do , yorubas brag every day about being politically sophiscated and nobody is cutting anybody head for that. you claim yorubas are the most educated and we try to prove you wrong with facts and not tribal war. use your heads for one. prove him wrong with facts and not insulting igbo people

When did I ever talk about Yoruba being the most educated? - use Yoruba people next time and not "You."

Facts:
- Human survival spirit makes humanoids hardworking and industrious especially when they find themselves in a place far away from home. However, does that make them superior?? I've cited Nigerians living in America in comparison to African Americans to buttress my point... Are Nigerians in America despite their individual achievements more superior to African Americans?? Absolutely not!!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ektbear: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
Why would an aged man in his 80s commit suicide

Is this another one of your igbo propoganda?

OK, then Ojukwu died an excruciatingly painful death. And his wife was being fvcked hard by his younger cousin while he remained alive grin

So two can play this game.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ektbear: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
Awo will continue to drink your blood and haunt your dreams even from beyond the grave.

And there is nothing you can do about it cheesy
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Why would an aged man in his 80s commit suicide

Is this another one of your igbo propoganda?

OK, then Ojukwu died an excruciatingly painful death. And his wife was being fvcked hard by his younger cousin while he remained alive grin

So two can play this game.
Hahahaha, thats you living ib denial, everybody know how ojukwu died and where he died from sickness and natural causes. Awolowo....... I rest my case.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ektbear: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
OK, so you are living in denial about his excruciatingly painful death in London.

And how his younger cousin was fvcking his wife.

How even Peter Obi sef was smashing his wife cheesy grin

Heck, for all I know even you hit that too
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
FreeGlobe:
Achebe thrives on the truth. The truth needs to be said. We are from a culture that believes on truth and not deception.

He thrives on the truth, yet he said the book isn't a balance account, no??

Igbos are the architect of the negative energy they receive around Nigeria... I have only been on NL for 9 months and I know that from the incessant chest beating and the nonsense you guys spew on here daily, it's just shameful...

Honestly, when I meet Igbos now in real life - I look at them differently. I can't really take any Igbo person seriously again, to be honest... There's just something off-putting about you guys..
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
FreeGlobe:
your lucky to not get the bans that comes with it. Its not seun tho, its the folks on my signature. bloody bigots.

Brotha i got 100 year banned accounts.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Scene Of Iyana Ipaja Inferno (Photos) / N2.5bn Scam Puts FG On Edge As Minister Cancels Gotv Licence / IPOB Members Block Uchechukwu Ogah's Convoy In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.