Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,839 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again (5000 Views)

Program Officer Needed By Ford Foundation Nigeria / 2013 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Is Out / Chevening Scholarship Is On ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Segunusaid(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2008
Hello All Landers,

The International Fellowship Program (IFP), West Africa, for the 2009/10 Academic Year.
IFP is a program supported by the Ford Foundation, and coordinated i West Africa by the Association of African Universities (AAU) in collaboration with Pathfinder Internaational and the West Africa Research Centre (WARC) in Senegal.
IFP provides fellowship for advanced study to exceptional individuals who will use their education to further development in their own countries and greater social and economic justice worlwide. IFP fellowships will be awarded to applicants from divers backgrounds, including social groups and communities that lack systematic access to higher education.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD APPLICATION AND REFERENCE FORMS FROM : www.pathfind.org/ifp

It is expected that 37 Fellowship will be awarded in West Africa for the 2009/10 academic year. There will be no selection in Senegal this season.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
--- Be residents or resident nationals of Ghana and Nigeria
--- Hold a Bachelor's or a Master's degree as the case may be
--- Have at least 3 years work experience
--- Have substantial experience in community service or development related activities
--- Possess leadership qualities/potential evidenced by their employment, academic experience or at the e community level
--- Propose to pursue a post graduate degree that will directly enhance their leadership capacity in a practical, policy,academic, or artistic discipline or field corresponding to one or more of the Foundation's areas of endearvou
--- Present a planof specifying how they will apply their studies to social problems or issues in their country

DOCTORAL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT PROPOSAL AND WRITING/RESEARCH SAMPLES

NOTE: Females , refugees, and individual with special needs are encouraged to apply
US citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible
Applicants should note that background checks will be run on shortlisted candidates

ELIGIBILITY FIELDS:
ASSET BUILDING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
-- Workforce Development
-- Development Finance & Economic Security
-- Environment Development
-- Community Development

KNOWLEDGE CREATIVITY & FREEDOM
-- Education & Scholarship
-- Sexuality & Reproductive Health
-- Religion, Society & Culture
-- Media
-- Arts & Culture

PEACE & SOCIAL JUSTICE
-- Human Rights
-- Governance
-- Civil Society

NOTE ALL N/LANDERS:
This scholarship allows you to study in any University of your choice anywhere in the world
You must be able to convince them that you can not sponsor yourself for MSC/PHD programs
You must be able to convince that you re interested in areas of community development
It is also very important not to show that you re a wealthy applicant, if you do you will not be considered, because the program is meant for the people that are disadvantaged either economically or people that lack systematic access to education. This program is paid for 100% of everything by the Ford Foundation.

In other words, if you live in Victorial Island, it may be wise to use an address that will not show you off.
Am an insider that's why am telling you this and i personally knows many people that have benefited from this program, in short most of them are either living in US or UK now. Also, you must convince the panel that on completing your studies you will return to your country of residence, you can come in and return back the next month but they want you to return because thats the essence of the program to help your community, though some people breach this rule and refuse to return, whatever the ball is in your court.

If you follow this instruction, I can assure you that the selection process is very transparent, people like me or any staff or their relation directly or indirectly cannot apply

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2008.
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted in April 2008

For futher information contact: Pathfinder International, Nigeria Country Office at 35, Justice Sowemimo Street, OffT.Y Danjuma, Asokoro, Abuja. Telephone: 09-3147378, Email:ifpnigria@pathfind.org

I wish you all the best.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Tioluwa(f): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2008
@ Poster.

Thanks for the information.

Can HND Graduates apply also?
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Segunusaid(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2008
@ Tioluwa,

Yes, HND graduate can apply, the beauty of the IFP program is that once selected you become a Fellow and the IFP supports Fellow to undertake appropriate language study, training in research, computer skills and any other requirement prior to graduate enrollment in the universities/Colleges of your choice.

The Program will provide placement assistance to those Fellows who do not have prior graduate school admission.

Once selected, Fellows may enroll in universities of their choice in any part of the world, including their home country

The IFP provides support for up to three (3) years of formal graduate-level-study.

If you have any question, please let me know.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by SamDerrick(m): 11:42am On Jan 25, 2008
Thank you for the info,
Please in the ref for do they contact the ref in anyway?

i studied Bus Admin HND and i will like to ask which course can i apply for that will enhance my success in the scholarship?

Once again thank you
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by tokunbobo(m): 11:46am On Jan 25, 2008
@ poster,
Thanks for the information, but how can one submit the downloaded form. Is it by post or can be process online. Thanks.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Segunusaid(m): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2008
@SamDerrick,

The process is very transparent, they will surely get in touch with them if you are selected, your ref should be your formal lecturer/supervisor in any organisation you ve worked with. the panel comprise of people from other countries too, definitely they will run a background check since the Program will be responsible for you any where you decide to study in the world.

You can apply for courses like human resources, buz admin, econs,sociology, pol science, geography,regional &urban planning, criminology,mass comm,fine art, perf art,igbo,yoruba, hausa etc, nursing, public health,int'l relations,history, social work,/admin, development courses, etc generally Public health courses, social sciences, environmental courses, Arts courses, HR/Admin/Finance courses

@tokunbobo,

if you live in abuja, just take the completed application form to the address below, the application form is also available in their office there.

Pathfinder International Country Office
35 Justice Sowemimo Street
Off T.Y Danjuma
Asokoro Abuja.

If you re not in abuja, you can send it by post, i do not mean by email, remember that your Referee s will have to fill and sign the refree form for you, so there is no way you can send it by email.

Thanks
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by winneijay(f): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Segunusaid

Aside from the fields stated above, which field in Engineering is one eligible to apply for.

Looking forward to your favorable reply.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Segunusaid(m): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2008
@winneijay,

If you re in the areas of Computer/Electrical/Electronic engineering, achitechure etc you can apply, also Education generally can apply, i mean anything education.

You can still reach me if you need any clarification.

Thanks
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by stanchi(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2008
tanx very much segun.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Mudiare: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2008
thank you for this information, Please i would like to know if chemical engineers can benefit from this scholarship? Thanks
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by NiteAngel(m): 2:22am On Jan 28, 2008
Let me warn you; once you are privileged you really don't stand a chance. Most of those who ended up with a Ford or Fulbright Fellowship never used a computer before, may live with a disability, may not speak English fluently, attended local public schools, may not have had the privilege of joining clubs or traveling to other places, these are not stated anywhere but having applied myself and later meeting a number of Fellows; I can tell you that they are out to level the playing field by giving the opportunity to those who may not come within reach of it.

However, don't let this discourage you; there is always exception to the rule.
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by Segunusaid(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2008
@ Stanchi,
am afraid the panel are strict on listed criteria but all the same you can try your luck. there is nothing impossible.

@Mudiare,

Chemical Engnr, well it all depends how you intend helping your community with it, for instance if you re from Niger Delta where communities suffers environmental problems arising from oil spillage, then your application may have merit, all the same you can still try your luck.

@Nite Angel,
Thanks for the addition, however i have explained that in the post, mere living in V/Island/Ikoyi or Mataima or Asokoro may even disqualified you, the scholarship is for under priviledged people
Re: Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again by jake44: 8:56am On Jan 28, 2009
segunsaid,
thanks for the info.
where do we submit completed forms in lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Unity Bank Test/interview, Any Update??? / United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Recruitment At Propetrol Limited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.