Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? (3803 Views)

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 3:26am On Dec 03, 2012
You're imagining things sweetie.

Like i said, the topic might be above your cognition level.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 4:36am On Dec 03, 2012
how come moses who even wrote the book of genesis used the snake as a symbol of healing when the isrealites were dying?

if you check the subject thoroughly, you'll find serpents are also called seraphs in ancient hebrew translations of the bible.

seraphs are winged, have the form of serpents, and fiery, perhaps fire breathing.

on earth [different environment and dimension], they'd take the form of dragons, for want of any other description.

the brass snake moses used was lifted on a pole, typifying the fact that these seraphs fly.

the original serpent in eden was reduced to a mere snake [no wings/flightless], and condemned to eat dust.

the symbol of healing used by moses was referencing the angelic beings known as seraphs, which might be linked to purification.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by plaetton: 4:45am On Dec 03, 2012
Wow.
Here we go again. Another delusional bible scholar smoking god knows what.
Hey, whatever strong narcotic you are taking, I can I please have some?
lol
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 4:49am On Dec 03, 2012
^
12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.”
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
plaetton:

Liar liar. There is always a scripture to support every lie.
Where in genesis does it say that the devil possessed the snake, where was the omnipresent and omnipotent god when this possession took place?.

And your reference to Rev: 20.2, I thought the book of revelations was about events that are yet to come,future events. But yet you dishonestly presented it as if the event had taken place before Adam's fall from grace, just to justify your devil-possessed-the-snake fantasy.

Going by Rev: 12:9 dragon=serpent=devil=satan, right? So who possessed who, and where does the snake come into this equation?

Now back to this: Gen 3:1 The snake was more clever than all the wild animals the LORD God had made.

Now, if the snake was more clever than all the wild animals, should that also not be true today? Is there any biological evidence to show that the snake is more intelligent, or , clever than all wild animals?
Do you see how ridiculous and silly you can render yourself by believing and blindly regurgitating stone-age fables?

So the devil could not find any monkeys or apes, or rabbits or wily foxes, or dolphins , or whales, but settled for a pea-brained snake to charm Eve, and you say it was because the snake was the most mentally advanced creature in your garden of Eden?
Na wa.

And Adam could communicate with animals? Where did you get this from?

You are soooooo used to selling your fables to children and zombies, that you so often forget yourself that you are on a public forum with adults.

Pro 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
inurmind: ^^^
So u are saying adam was meant to die anyway before?
Which verse in the bible did u get that one from?

I'm going to address this topic soon, BGG.

On a different thread though.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1:

I'm going to address this topic soon, BGG.

On a different thread though.

lol! I'm inspiring christians.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink:

This is what will happen when the new earth is established (A paradise - just the way the garden of Eden was before Adam and Eve were kicked out).

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Isaiah 65 :17 [b]For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.[/b]

The underlined, even though it is a future prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled still give us an idea of what man was supposed to enjoy if he hadn't sinned. So, this clearly shows that if the first man hadn't sinned, there would still be physical death before resurrection to eternal life (In our new form or bodies - Philippians 3:21 and not flesh).

Upon all the verses u quoted, there was none which tells us adam was meant to die before the fruit eating incident.
Its better u keep quiet now before u commit more blasphemy.
I know u do not understand it. No need to try.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2012
^^^ @Inurmind

I clearly said the verses I quoted are future prophecies! How is that blasphemy to you? God knew man would fall, out of his free will which was why He had a back up plan of saving us by giving us what we lost back in Eden during Christ's 1000 yrs reign on Earth!

Giving my opinion doesn't make me infallible but at least the verses I quoted gave a list of what Adam & Eve lost back in Eden and how God promised giving us back everything we lost when the New Kingdom is established on Earth (That would be during Christ's 1000 yrs reign on Earth- read Revelation 20:4-7 and Zechariah14:8-9).

You ever wonder why Jesus is coming to reign on Earth for a thousand years while Satan would be held in prison? That's because God had promised giving us what we lost back in Eden (Isaiah 65 :17-23). The period of Jesus' reign would be peaceful and righteous (without sin), and all that we lost in Eden would be restored as prophesied in Isaiah 65 :17-23.

The prophecy in Isaiah 65:20 &v22 however, doesn't suggest that there wouldn't be death during Christ's reign on Earth but rather suggests that there would be a leadership of righteousness and other good things that were mentioned in Isaiah 65:17-23:

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant,
and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

From the above explanation, you'll agree with me that Christ's reign period would be perfect, peaceful and same as Eden was before man sinned! Which means that even if man hadn't sin back in Eden, there would be death but in an old age as started in the Isaiah 65:20 & 22 quoted above.

Iron sharpens Iron! Share, if you have a better understanding!
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 04, 2012
Why are u going round circles. I've noticed u christians like doing this. When u can't answer a question u write long meaningless notes.

The main point is that there was no death, whether physical or spiritual, before the eating of the fruit, yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2012
^^^Yes, there wasn't death yet! But going by the scriptures I quoted, physical death would have still been unavoidable even if they hadn't sinned; it would have still happened in their 'old age'. So, the death mentioned in Genesis 2:17 isn't physical but spiritual or second death as consequences of eating the forbidden fruit!
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind:

lol! I'm inspiring christians.

nah, you flatter yourself.

the topic is recycled, and you should be thankful you can ask questions about the bible even though you're anti-christian.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by tpia1: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind: Why are u going round circles. I've noticed u christians like doing this. When u can't answer a question u write long meaningless notes.

The main point is that there was no death, whether physical or spiritual, before the eating of the fruit, yes or no?

quote which part of the bible you base your assumptions on.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2012
plaetton:
Most wars and conflicts that we see in the bible were indirectly as a results of these rivalries amongst the Elohim(satan and Yahweh)

plaeton! plaeton!

I could not resist the urge of commenting on this particular piece on this your post ^^^.

Yes, the quoted statement is true and factual.

If anyone is to read the bible and especially the battles between the nation of Israel and other nations in the bible, it must be seen from this context to arrived at the right conclusion.

Failure to get that bit sorted out will send "one" on tangent that are irrelevant to what the bible says.

Plaeton arrived at this finally.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 9:59am On Dec 04, 2012
ROSSIKE: African religions and philosophical concepts have long held the snake in the highest regard. The snake symbolizes knowledge and empowerment. The ancient Sumerians, whose Gilgamesh texts were plagiarised by Genesis writers, represented the snake as ENKI, creator of mankind through genetic splicing. ENLIL is 'Yahweh', his brother, who was angry that ENKI wanted humans to have real knowledge and powers that would make them no longer slaves of ENLIL (Yahweh). Make them truly independent (to be ''as the gods''). African religions, from the days of Egypt till date are ENKIAN religions. ENLILEAN religions are christianity, islam, judaism. They profess piety, but are historically brutal and bloodthirsty in their evangelization drives, and promise hellfire for non-converts to their ENLILIAN faiths.

The bible is little more than an ENLILIAN DOCUMENT, written by Enlil's followers, and heavily biased towards ENLIL, painting ENKI as ''satan the devil'', when in fact ENKI is the TRUE FRIEND OF MANKIND. Meanwhile in the bible, 99.9% of death is caused by ENLIL, most of them genocides by ENLIL's followers of those who professed to ENKIAN faiths.

i believe you arrived at your perspective from reading the sumerian text?

So, it will be fair to conclude that the sumerian text is heavily bias in favour of satan and negatively bias to Yahweh based on your own observation below:

ROSSIKE:
The bible is little more than an ENLILIAN DOCUMENT, written by Enlil's followers, and heavily biased towards ENLIL, painting ENKI as ''satan the devil'',

simple logic i say!

So, the sumerian text is a product of satan while the bible is a product of Yahweh.

^^^
simple logic i say!

Great, more of that.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink:

Man wasn't created to live forever but to live old enough before dying (Kind of like the age Methuselah).

^^^

where the heeeeeeeelllllllllllll do you get that^^^ from?

Definitely not the bible.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 10:13am On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind: @Serialink
^^^
So u are saying adam was meant to die anyway before?
Which verse in the bible did u get that one from?

good question.
From Obediah77777777 maybe.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Femmymata2(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2012
Jewish and Arab history,creation story,culture,fables,folklores,legends,heroes,gods,ancestry has become a must believe/practice for people in these part of the world.Chinese,japanese,indians,arabs are too proud of their history and belief to allow themselves to be brainwashed by other ethnic cultures. We go on fruitless,wasteful,valueless pilgrimage to stone satan,climb mountains,pray to a non-existent god e.t.c. I must admit jews are indeed very smart people as compared to african slaves, imagine jesus was born in a black country. Will there be people of different colours in heaven?
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 10:57am On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink:

This is what will happen when the new earth is established (A paradise - just the way the garden of Eden was before Adam and Eve were kicked out).

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Isaiah 65 :17 [b]For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.[/b]

The underlined, even though it is a future prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled still give us an idea of what man was supposed to enjoy if he hadn't sinned. So, this clearly shows that if the first man hadn't sinned, there would still be physical death before resurrection to eternal life (In our new form or bodies - Philippians 3:21 and not flesh).

nonono no!

You are not getting it.

seriallink:
Isaiah65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

this ^^^ here is a prophesy talking about the the 1000yrs Judgement day of christ befor christ hands over the rule to his father.
it is futuristic

it is talking about when God judge the earth.
Isaiah 26:9,10

this period discussed in Revelation20,

after which is the second death.

Withing the 1000yrs the wicked will be resurrected and be given an opurtunity but some will not make the best use of it and will have to die as a mere boy though a 100yrs of age. Isaiah 26:9,10

"when there is judgement from you from the earth, righteousness is what the inhabitant of the land will learn"---"though the wicked shall be shown favour, he will not learn righteousness, in the land of straight-forwardness he will act unjustly and will not see the eminence of Yahweh"
^^^
it is here ^^^ that the wicked shall die though a hundred years of age. Isaiah 65:20

But those that acted wisely/justly will not die again.
Revelation21:4 - "and death will be no more"

@Serialink
using an incident plan for the future to apply to the Garden of eden is doing more harm than Good.

Adam will not had died had he not disobeyed.
Peace
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink: ^^^ @Inurmind

I clearly said the verses I quoted are future prophecies! How is that blasphemy to you? God knew man would fall, out of his free will which was why He had a back up plan of saving us by giving us what we lost back in Eden during Christ's 1000 yrs reign on Earth!

Giving my opinion doesn't make me infallible but at least the verses I quoted gave a list of what Adam & Eve lost back in Eden and how God promised giving us back everything we lost when the New Kingdom is established on Earth (That would be during Christ's 1000 yrs reign on Earth- read Revelation 20:4-7 and Zechariah14:8-9).

You ever wonder why Jesus is coming to reign on Earth for a thousand years while Satan would be held in prison? That's because God had promised giving us what we lost back in Eden (Isaiah 65 :17-23). The period of Jesus' reign would be peaceful and righteous (without sin), and all that we lost in Eden would be restored as prophesied in Isaiah 65 :17-23.

The prophecy in Isaiah 65:20 &v22 however, doesn't suggest that there wouldn't be death during Christ's reign on Earth but rather suggests that there would be a leadership of righteousness and other good things that were mentioned in Isaiah 65:17-23:

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant,
and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

From the above explanation, you'll agree with me that Christ's reign period would be perfect, peaceful and same as Eden was before man sinned! Which means that even if man hadn't sin back in Eden, there would be death but in an old age as started in the Isaiah 65:20 & 22 quoted above.

Iron sharpens Iron! Share, if you have a better understanding!

the problem here is you using your words to input what the bible did not say.

You are determind in applying verse 20 to eden, why?

And you know it is futuristic? A correction period?

Why will this verse 20 be for Eden? :

^^^

why apply it to eden?

Did adam that committed sin die instantly?

I dont know why people do this kind of things.

You mean that God that said all was "good" was lying?
*sigh*
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

nonono no!

You are not getting it.

this ^^^ here is a prophesy talking about the the 1000yrs Judgement day of christ befor christ hands over the rule to his father.
it is futuristic

it is talking about when God judge the earth.
Isaiah 26:9,10

this period discussed in Revelation20,

after which is the second death.

Withing the 1000yrs the wicked will be resurrected and be given an opurtunity but some will not make the best use of it and will have to die as a mere boy though a 100yrs of age. Isaiah 26:9,10

"when there is judgement from you from the earth, righteousness is what the inhabitant of the land will learn"---"though the wicked shall be shown favour, he will not learn righteousness, in the land of straight-forwardness he will act unjustly and will not see the eminence of Yahweh"
^^^
it is here ^^^ that the wicked shall die though a hundred years of age. Isaiah 65:20

But those that acted wisely/justly will not die again.
Revelation21:4 - "and death will be no more"

@Serialink
using an incident plan for the future to apply to the Garden of eden is doing more harm than Good.

Adam will not had died had he not disobeyed.
Peace

I understand where you are coming from bro! This topic is even completely different from what is being discussed here, muKeeto asked a question regarding the 'death' mentioned in Genesis 2:17:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

^^^^ Is the ' death' mentioned in this passage physical or spiritual/second death? So, when I answered him (spiritual death), then inurmind asked if man was created to live forever or not? Infact, I created a thread on this very topic a few months back but there was no reasonble response on it; you might wanna check it out, I have bumped it out : Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever?

I know that the prophecy in Isaiah 65:17-23 is a future event that would take place during the 1000 yrs reign of Christ on Earth, I only used it to explain what Eden would have been like if Adam hadn't sinned! Christ's reign will be a righteous one, without sin or suffering/wickedness because satan would be locked up in prison while Christ reign!

So, going by Isaiah 65:20 & v22 which also clearly suggests that there would be death during the period of Christ's reign but people would die in their old age, I came to the conclusion that this same thing would have happened to the first Adam if he hadn't sinned.

It's just my opinion bro, Iron sharpens Iron, they say. Btw, I'm not infallible. Infact, that was why I created a thread on this topic to understand some of these things, but there are no good responses on it.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

the problem here is you using your words to input what the bible did not say.

You are determind in applying verse 20 to eden, why?

And you know it is futuristic? A correction period?

Why will this verse 20 be for Eden? :

^^^

why apply it to eden?

Did adam that committed sin die instantly?

I dont know why people do this kind of things.

You mean that God that said all was "good" was lying?
*sigh*

it's just my opinion bro, Iron sharpens Iron, they say. Btw, I'm not infallible. Infact, that was why I created a thread on this topic to understand some of these things, but there are no good responses on it.

Check the thread out: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? You might want to contribute
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink: ^^^Yes, there wasn't death yet! But going by the scriptures I quoted, physical death would have still been unavoidable even if they hadn't sinned; it would have still happened in their 'old age'. So, the death mentioned in Genesis 2:17 isn't physical but spiritual or second death as consequences of eating the forbidden fruit!

there was supposed to be no death except they disobeyed, that is what the bible said.

We dont have to help Yahweh out by saying it was a spiritual death.

The truth is that it was Yahweh that made that statement and we are to look at matters from Yahweh's point of view.

The bible says that Yahweh 1 "day" = 1000yrs to man.
Psalm 90:4, and 2peter 3:8

Our night and day is relative and as a result of our planet going round the sun, and Yahweh is not on planet earth and does not use the sun for his time calculation.

He said that Adam will die the day he disobeyed and Adam died 930yrs "man time" less than 1000yrs one day of Yahweh that made the statement.

We should not try to help Yahweh by saying "it was a spiritual death", no.

All you and me owe any body that does not know this is to show to the person what a day of Yahweh means, if the person like let him accept if the person wish let him refuse, that is the person choice and does not change what Yahweh has stated in his word the bible. QED.

Serialink, you na my guy, but, but, but dey this one o!

Lol.

See ya.
Peace
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2012
^^^I kinda agree with your view on that. But how do we know that the 'death' Paul talked about in Romans 6:23 is not physical as well?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You know many people believe the above ^^^ to be spiritual death, why is it different in the case of what Yahweh says in Genesis 2:17?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

^^^

where the heeeeeeeelllllllllllll do you get that^^^ from?

Definitely not the bible.

Na buzugee teaching oh my broda! E don bamboozle my small head finish grin grin grin

Buzugee where art thou?
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink:

I understand where you are coming from bro! This topic is even completely different from what is being discussed here, muKeeto asked a question regarding the 'death' mentioned in Genesis 2:17:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

^^^^ Is the ' death' mentioned in this passage physical or spiritual/second death? So, when I answered him (spiritual death), then inurmind asked if man was created to live forever or not? Infact, I created a thread on this very topic a few months back but there was no reasonble response on it; you might wanna check it out, I have bumped it out : Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever?

I know that the prophecy in Isaiah 65:17-23 is a future event that would take place during the 1000 yrs reign of Christ on Earth, I only used it to explain what Eden would have been like if Adam hadn't sinned! Christ's reign will be a righteous one, without sin or suffering/wickedness because satan would be locked up in prison while Christ reign!

So, going by Isaiah 65:20 & v22 which also clearly suggests that there would be death during the period of Christ's reign but people would die in their old age, I came to the conclusion that this same thing would have happened to the first Adam if he hadn't sinned.

It's just my opinion bro, Iron sharpens Iron, they say. Btw, I'm not infallible. Infact, that was why I created a thread on this topic to understand some of these things, but there are no good responses on it.

ok, i get you.

But on this:

seriallink:

after the 1000 yrs Jesus will hand over a clean human race to Yahweh, so, the resurrected death (righteouse and unritgheouse, John 5:28,29)

will be taught base on what is written on the scroll- Revelation 20:12.

The ones that are still bent on doing what is bad are the ones that will die.

They disobedient ones will be killed to enable a cleans human race to remaining to be handed over to Yahweh. Revelation 21:1-4.

The whole of the plan is for christ to correct all what satan has cause and return a perfect human race back to Yahweh as it was in eden.

Only those that want to be a part of the arrangement will make it there.

Those that dont like Yahweh's arrangement will not be force to be a part of it.

When Yahweh abandon Adam for sinning, it takes this ceasing process by christ for him to accept us back.

^^^
that is "all what this" is all about.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1:

nah, you flatter yourself.

the topic is recycled, and you should be thankful you can ask questions about the bible even though you're anti-christian.

U flatter the bible, definitely.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink:

it's just my opinion bro, Iron sharpens Iron, they say. Btw, I'm not infallible. Infact, that was why I created a thread on this topic to understand some of these things, but there are no good responses on it.

Check the thread out: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? You might want to contribute

ok my man.

If possible i will check the thread, but if too long i may not be able to do much.

However, we have use this opurtunity to talk.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
seriallink: ^^^I kinda agree with your view on that. But how do we know that the 'death' Paul talked about in Romans 6:23 is not physical as well?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You know many people believe the above ^^^ to be spiritual death, why is it different in the case of what Yahweh says in Genesis 2:17?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

that is there cup of tea.

The aim of the bible is to restore back the paradise that Adam lost in the garden of eden and not some fun game thing.

When that is met we have the time of Yahweh's throne coming back to the earth in Revelation 21:1-4
the first thing that will be remove is death.

"and death will be no more"

Roman 6:23 is talking about literal death.

People have twisted the message of the bible and redirected attention to prosperity instead of God's kingdom that christ had asked his followers to pray for and that was what christ preached about.

All the bible is talking about is how man lost his original position and the arrangement God has put in place to restor it through the massaiah.

The other part is the process of bringing forth the massaiah through the nation of Israel.

Using a unique nation narrowed satan's interference, hence the laws to drive away spirit medium that satan can use to make in roads to shatter his plans.

All other nation were under the control of satan since Yahweh had abandon Adam(human) at eden.

But through a nation that he founded that were his and worshiped him, he ensured that they remain clean undefiled by satan, he then used them to produce the massaiah.

The massaiah then shows the bigger picture of Yahweh's plans = all mankind have an option to access him and be given eternal life.

If people say it is all "a spiritual symbolic" thing and not literal, they are serving a different purpose.

The kingdom of God is a literal government.
Daniel 2:44 and matthew 6:9,10 and Revelation 21:1-4

The Death in question that will be removed is the greatest plaque that has ever plaqued man and man has no answer to it not even satan, and that is exactly what Yahweh himself wants to fixe.

That was why Jesus demonstrated all he will do while he was on earth.
Peace.
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind: Before you continue, you can read the third chapter of genesis.

The first time the serpent is mentioned, he is described as the most mischeivous of animals. It is for this reason he is able to tempt eve. He is even able to talk to her. I still wonder how an animal was able to do all these. What was he even gaining by tempting her?

But lets assume it was the devil that possessed the snake although that was never mentioned and we have already been given a great impression that it was actually the snake doing all those things.

If it was the devil that possessed the snake, how come the snake was directly punished and no reference was made to the devil? That seems very silly right? Unless we again assume God was punishing the snake for allowing the devil use him. So now the snake has the power to resist the devil? And that is very unlikely by the way.

Yet again lets make another assumption which could be the only remaining explaination: that the snake is the devil itself.
In other books of the bible the snake is refered to as the devil. But if the snake is the devil how come moses who even wrote the book of genesis used the spnake as a symbol of healing when the isrealites were dying? How come the devil is helping us kill rodents?
It all seems quite silly, all the possibilies I mentioned, so does the story itself.

But I would appreciate it if you could give your own explantion of the events of the third chapter of genesis, unless you have none ofcourse.

The bible serpent is known in the sumerian tablet as ENKHI . He genetically created the human race. The forbidden fruit was the knowledge he put in our DNA which got the other group of ELOHIM annoyed. ENKHI is today known as serpent,devil,satan because he help humans learn about the act of sex and that ability to reproduce which they had been forbidden to do.

The symbol of Enkhi is the serpent. He was killed by ENLIL otherwise called yahweh . Yahweh is the evil extraterrestrial who wants humanity in bondage.

The bible gods are many,not one as written in the bible.

This is part of hidden knowledge kept from humans. Bible was edited to hide the truth.

Those who dont know will remain in bondage and control of religion.

Knowledge is power and hidden knowledge is more power....
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

i believe you arrived at your perspective from reading the sumerian text?

So, it will be fair to conclude that the sumerian text is heavily bias in favour of satan and negatively bias to Yahweh based on your own observation below:

So is the bible heavily biased in favour of god and against the devil.
Its funny u couldn't apply that to ur religion.
Can someone please spell my-op-ic for me?cheesy
Re: Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? by truthislight: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind:

So is the bible heavily biased in favour of god and against the devil.
Its funny u couldn't apply that to ur religion.
Can someone please spell my-op-ic for me?cheesy

you can always readout whatever you want to read out from some one comment, it is a very simple thing.

Did i make a statement that you can really address to me as my personal perspective in that post? No.

I only inverted what he had said for him to understand the implication.

If after inverting the statement you had red all this while and you could not see "myopic" but can only see it now from the same statement after my inverssion, then i can only advise you to read very well next time and not be waiting on me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophetic Declarations For This Week!!! / How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism. Is Trinity a monotheist principle? / Queen Of Sheba/queen Of Eba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.