Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? (13379 Views)

Fashion Or Madness? Man Rocks The Most Expensive Shoes In The World Worth $2.2m( / Pic: How To Wear A Bra (ladies, Come In And Learn) / INVISIBRA: The New Wonder Bra For Women (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by vascey(m): 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Bra worth $2.5 million unveiled by Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio
Lingerie maker Victoria's Secret unveils its ultimate Christmas present - a custom made bra valued at $2.5 million adorned with 5200 precious gems.

Last week it was leaked that Brazilian super Alessandra Ambrosio would be the heavenly body to model Victoria's Secret's jewel-encrusted lingerie at this year's upcoming catwalk extravaganza, and now we can see what the multi-million dollar set looks like.

Each year, a chosen Angel dons a one-off, custom-made 'Fantasy Bra' to close the much-publicised show. Last year the honour was given to Miranda Kerr, but this time Ambrosio will take up the gauntlet just seven months after the birth of her second child, a son named Noah.

The $2.5m (£1.55m) bra, unveiled in New York, has 5200 precious gems on it, including a 20 carat diamond and huge ruby.

Named the 'Floral Fantasy' set, the bra and matching belt have been created by Long Island's London Jewelers.

"It's so unique you know it's this piece of art that you get to wear and it has over 5000 precious gems so you just have all these diamonds around and you have this 20 carat diamond right here. It feels amazing to wear," Ms Ambrosio said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/celebrity-news-video/9618731/Bra-worth-2.5-million-unveiled-by-Victorias-Secret-model-Alessandra-Ambrosio.html

Abeg o... If a bra is worth $2.5million, is it still a bra? I don't think so. Abi if you are wearing a bra worth that amount, will you not want other people to see it? Will you cover it with cloth like the normal bra?

IMO when a bra is worth this amount, it has turned from bra to proper dress o.

What do you think?

"@MobilePunch: Bra worth $2.5 million unveiled /p2tY0O-htm"
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
what makes you think that EVERYONE who buys expensive garments automatically want/need to flaunt them? just because thats what YOU will do, does not mean other will....... and in the world that we live in today, most women flaunt their 5$ bras anyway, let alone a 2.5Milla one, lol! why do you think it should be any different now?
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by vascey(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: what makes you think that EVERYONE who buys expensive garments automatically want/need to flaunt them? just because thats what YOU will do, does not mean other will....... and in the world that we live in today, most women flaunt their 5$ bras anyway, let alone a 2.5Milla one, lol! why do you think it should be any different now?

Hey! take it easy Mister.
Can't say I really understand you.

Basic functionality of a bra is ....
But when you purchase it for $2.5 million, its no longer basic.

U git my drift?

PS: Abeg o... I don't cross dress so when you say "that's what YOU would do", that statement is not applicable to me.
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^ so if i understand you correctly, what you are saying is that the "basic functionaity" of a 2.5milla bra is NO MORE to hold bre.ast, simply because there are diamonds or whatever on it?! bwaaaah! let me guess, in your world, the basic functionality of a $3million mobile phone is NOT to receive and make calls any longer?! or better yet an apt that costs $80millions is NOT to accomodate people or live in it?!

again, simply because you wouldnt spend that amount on such item (or that you dont have the money), does not mean that the basic functionality of any expensive item has changed.

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by vascey(m): 4:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yes sir it has changed. Whoever bought that bra bought as an investment and not for wear-and-throway.

I don't know what part of the world you live in but even to Melinda Gates, a 2.5millon dollar bra will be a trifle too expensive as a clothing item. Them wealthy folks don't become billionaires by wearing $2.5 million dollar bras.

But my point was- why would you wear such bra only to cover it with a top, the lady can as well go topless so she can flaunt the bra. After all the idea behind buying it ought to be to flaunt it right?

2 Likes

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
vascey: Yes sir it has changed. Whoever bought that bra bought as an investment and not for wear-and-throway.

do you know anyone who throws away something worth 2.5milla? but in the same sentence, because it costs that much, do you believe it should NEVER be worn? here is a clue for you: POWER!!!!!
of course it could also be an investment, but the fact that you automatically believe that it wont be worn is your fail of the day.

I don't know what part of the world you live in but even to Melinda Gates, a 2.5millon dollar bra will be a trifle too expensive as a clothing item. Them wealthy folks don't become billionaires by wearing $2.5 million dollar bras.

again, you are here ASSUMING that rich people dont spend money on such item to WEAR THEM. have you ever worn a truly expensive garment? do you know how it feels to wear/drive an expensive item? dont you think that people will feel very powerful about wearing such item, knowing that most cannot afford it?! its all about POWER bro, and some have more than others.

But my point was- why would you wear such bra only to cover it with a top, the lady can as well go topless so she can flaunt the bra. After all the idea behind buying it ought to be to flaunt it right?

bro you are confusing me, so now you are saying that the idea behind buying a bra (aka the basic functionality) is to flaunt it?! bwaaah, yes many do today, but it doesnt have to be a $2.5milla one, they flaunt even the cheapest bras, so whats your point?

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by ayee001: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2012
Then it should worn alone, no blouse, nothing. just the bra up there. I will appreciate it then. grin
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by dridowu: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2012
Speechless

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by megxo(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2012
shey na bre'ast it stil de hold>>>..smh4women

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2012
A bra worth 2.5 million dollars, does not lose it's basic function....but if I get that kain bra, na to put am inside safe, and employ the world's best security gadgets to protect said safe....we're talking diamond-encrusted bra here not that two hundred naira bend down select you managed to drag from that chic......

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ so if i understand you correctly, what you are saying is that the "basic functionaity" of a 2.5milla bra is NO MORE to hold bre.ast...

YES! These are actually for exhibitions. The primary objective is to court attention.

Now...this is part where MBJ, my man, gets to teach me some English grin.
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2012
Isn't the purpose of a bra to hold the hugs from flying around?
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by redcliff: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2012
[size=20pt]i think its the value you place on items that make them worth how much they are...if i have a bra of 2.5 million and i treat it like trash, there is no difference between it and a 2500 naira bra in the market...[/size]
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Mobinga: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2012
Rich white women with tiny breasts would love this sh¦t
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Iaz93: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2012
Bra $2.5 mill.
NEXT!!!
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Goldieluks: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2012
What a waste.
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Etumgbe(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2012
dat mean say for u to suck d bre'ast wey dat kind bra hold, u need to get golden lips

10 Likes

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by MaxMoney(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmmm... Diamonds fitted bra... Wat for na?
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmph! Reserving my expensive bra comment
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by pingo(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2012
I can't even pay that amount on the model herself, takless the Bra! na onlt the Bra she go dey wear? Imagine coste!! I still dey grin grin
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by countsparrow: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2012
@ OP I get ur point... Wen u purchase a bra worth 2.5million, u xpect pple to know... Dat way u walk around without a blouse on... And anybody who says otherwise is just not reasoning well, I wonder y I will spend so much on a bra and still cover it, why not buy a bra worth 5dollars...
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by adora4u1: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2012
No, it's no longer a bra! It's BRA-MILLION!

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Chidex2442(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2012
My God bra 4 $2.5m? I swear if i discover any babe wt it i'll cut the bra off her chest if possible wt her breast!

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by vascey(m): 10:46am On Oct 22, 2012
Wow! shocked

This made front page! lipsrsealed

Screen shot taken grin grin grin I am gonna show my mama this one. grin

Bomboi: Hey mama... I made front page on nairaland. I told you one day I would make you proud.

Mama Bomboi: Really? Papa Bomboi, come and see what your son has done. He's done it again, he's made front page on nairaland.

Papa Bomboi: What!!! Woman is that why you are disturbing me? How does this affect the price of garri in the market?

Bomboi: Papaaaaa you should be proud of me o. Do you know that there are 960k+ members on nairaland and over 1 million topics? Of the one million, only about 5% get to the front page. And many people will see your my name across the world.

Papa Bomboi: Hmmm... So all the obodo oyibo people will be seeing your posting eh?That's very good my son. So what is your topic? What were you posting about sef?

Bomboi: $2.5 million brassier by... (and Bomboi goes ahead to receive the slaps of his life raining down at the rate of 10 slaps per second)

Curtain close...Back to work.

18 Likes

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by odoguigbo: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2012
try wear dat kine bra for 9ja and see if ur best friend will not turn to a kidnapper sharp-sharp!
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2012
SAD TRUTH.
Yes it's still a BRA! ... That's vanity for you.
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Paulfish: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2012
Lol_u get mouth joor...
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2012
This argument Iڪ beyond you people, let those who have the money †☺ spare sort it out.
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by seuntola: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2012
vascey: Wow! shocked

This made front page! lipsrsealed

Screen shot taken grin grin grin I am gonna show my mama this one. grin

Bomboi: Hey mama... I made front page on nairaland. I told you one day I would make you proud.

Mama Bomboi: Really? Papa Bomboi, come and see what your son has done. He's done it again, he's made front page on nairaland.

Papa Bomboi: What!!! Woman is that why you are disturbing me? How does this affect the price of garri in the market?

Bomboi: Papaaaaa you should be proud of me o. Do you know that there are 960k+ members on nairaland and over 1 million topics? Of the one million, only about 5% get to the front page. And many people will see your my name across the world.

Papa Bomboi: Hmmm... So all the obodo oyibo people will be seeing your posting eh?That's very good my son. So what is your topic? What were you posting about sef?

Bomboi: $2.5 million brassier by... (and Bomboi goes ahead to receive the slaps of his life raining down at the rate of 10 slaps per second)

Curtain close...Back to work.
now dis got me laffing...yu no get work I swear

1 Like

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by yeye4live(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2012
I tink d person wearin such bra it wil make her breast more sweet to suck wel wel grin
Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by Goldenheart(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2012
Hell is 4real !!! Accept Jesus as your
lord n saviour right now..........he loves you
so much more than u can
imagine, n he doesn't want u to
end up in that horrible place of
eternal torment... Please accept him. Hell is so mean n real.

4 Likes

Re: If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? by topsyking: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2012
Let them make a golden pant for guys too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Business Closet / Omoredo Juliet Emerges As Miss Comely Queen Nigeria 2021 / French Curves For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.