Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

"black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! (13464 Views)

Hilarious Picture OF Fashion Models Falling On The Runway / Modelling-discussions :: high Fashion Models-Victorias Secret Models-! / ♥ Onila's Cool World ♥(Fashion, models, cool Stuff, Fancy stuff, things I like)♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
First up is Rose Cordero from the Dominican Republic. I like because she wears her natural hair a lot. Very pretty eyes too grin

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
Rose Cordero:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
Rose Cordero posing as Josephine Baker in an editorial. Amazing pictures, but they are too big too attach cry

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
Last pictures of Rose:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
Our next model also hails from the Dominican Republic. Her name is Arlenis Sosa. She has a ROCKING body:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
Some more Arlenis:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
Our last model for today is Kelly Moreira from France. You guys are going to love her angelic face.

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
she's got G-R-E-A-T skin!!!!!!

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Some more of Kelly below:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
smh=there is an amazing picture of Kelly's showcard, but it's too LARGE FOR THE SITE. UUUUUUUUUUUURGH. Anyway the last pictures of Kelly, before we call it a day cry

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
It's not over!!!! Tomorrow the 'Horner lovers' are going to get a treat! So get a bucket to drool into 'cos tomorrow we'll have the famous fashion models from the Horn of Africa (no Iman).

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
zolzlolz:

Our last model for today is Kelly Moreira from France. You guys are going to love her angelic face.

She has African parents o! grin

zolzlolz:

It's not over!!!! Tomorrow the 'Horner lovers' are going to get a treat! So get a bucket to drool into 'cos tomorrow we'll have the famous fashion models from the Horn of Africa (no Iman).

Yay!!! Iman is overated anyway tongue

There was a blog I used to frequent that had lots of Black models but for whatever reason, the blog has been shut down cry
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^I know, but she would be a second generation French national, right? Is she not French? I also used to go to a site called 'Make Fetch Happen', which featured a lot of black models, but the site owner had a baby, so she stopped blogging. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the thread. I'll keep updating grin SO EXCITED!!!!!
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
So today, I'll be featuring black fashion models from the Horn of Africa. Some of them you may have seen many times before, so feel free to suggest some models that haven't been mentioned or upload some pics yourself. First up is probably the most well known African fashion model from Ethiopia *drum roll* Liya Kebede (Surprise, surprise)

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
Liya Kebede:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
Some more:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
And more:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
Lastly:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
Lastly, lastly:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
Personally, I'm not completely taken by Liya. She's very beautiful, yes she's definitely got beauty in the bag( and I want to know what she does to her skin, it's always glowing), but after looking at her many times she seems kinda plain. I'm bored with her now. And she's really skinny, like seriously skinny, I don't know why they put her on Victoria's Secret undecided But every time I see the following model, it's like I'm seeing her for the first time. She's gorgeous, fierce, from Somalia. Welcome YASMIN WARSAME!!!!!!!

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
OMG, I love the shape of her eyes and I love her lips. I love her, because we have the same skin tone (but I'm not as beautiful) and I learnt how to buy the right shades of lipstick by looking at the lipstick she had on. Doesn't she bear a resemblance to Sophia Loren?

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
Last pictures for today. Sorry guys, but my internet is acting up. I have many more pictures to upload tomorrow, plus I'll be uploading pictures of one more fashion model from the Horn of Africa and I'll be uploading pictures of other famous black fashion models

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
GOODNIGHT!!!!! grin

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
zolzlolz:

^^^^I know, but she would be a second generation French national, right? Is she not French? I also used to go to a site called 'Make Fetch Happen', which featured a lot of black models, but the site owner had a baby, so she stopped blogging. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the thread. I'll keep updating grin SO EXCITED!!!!!

She was born in France but her parents are from one of the Portugese speaking African countries. So technically speaking, she is French by nationality. I'll check out the site you mentioned. I love models. Some of the pics you've posted, I've seen some of those girls in person. They're all GORGEOUS!!

zolzlolz:

Personally, I'm not completely taken by Liya. She's very beautiful, yes she's definitely got beauty in the bag( and I want to know what she does to her skin, it's always glowing), but after looking at her many times she seems kinda plain. I'm bored with her now. And she's really skinny, like seriously skinny, I don't know why they put her on Victoria's Secret undecided But every time I see the following model, it's like I'm seeing her for the first time. She's gorgeous, fierce, from Somalia. Welcome YASMIN WARSAME!!!!!!!

OMG!!! You're my fashion sista!! Where have you been hiding this whole time?!?! cheesy
I like Liya and Yasmin. They're both beautiful. Did you know that Yasmin once did a major show while she was 5 months pregnant?!?! She wasn't even showing!

zolzlolz:

OMG, I love the shape of her eyes and I love her lips. I love her, because we have the same skin tone (but I'm not as beautiful) and I learnt how to buy the right shades of lipstick by looking at the lipstick she had on. Doesn't she bear a resemblance to Sophia Loren?

Yes, slightly cheesy
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

[font=times][size=12pt]
Some of the pics you've posted, I've seen some of those girls in person. They're all GORGEOUS!!

NO WAY!!!!!! Which girls? Do you work in fashion? Can you hire me please? grin My dream job (dream, because it will never happen) is to work at an agency specifically for black models. Or to start an African Vogue magazine. The thing is, I'm not into fashion, but I love models. And the black models are so crazy beautiful, I have no idea why they don't get hired. I wish I could start my own fashion week so I can use all of them.
Inked_Nerd:

[font=times][size=12pt]

OMG!!! You're my fashion sista!! Where have you been hiding this whole time?!?! cheesy
I like Liya and Yasmin. They're both beautiful. Did you know that Yasmin once did a major show while she was 5 months pregnant?!?! She wasn't even showing!

I can imagine
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
The last pictures of the gorgeous Yasmin Warsame

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
The next model is also from Somalia. Her name is Ubah Hassan. In case you were wondering where you've seen her before, yes she's the girl in the Dark 'n Lovely advert. Also very beautiful. Love the cat eyes  grin

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
Arlenis Sosa is stunning beyond words. kiss kiss kiss

Love this thread.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^^her body is perfect.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
rokiatu:

Love this thread.
Thanks. There are many more to come

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Thread And Link When Searching For Lace Styles / Hair Color Ideas For Gray Hair 2017 2018 / Models Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.