Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Between Religion And Morality: Which One Can Take You To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Religion And Morality: Which One Can Take You To Heaven (846 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Religion And Morality: Which One Can Take You To Heaven by yusufu16: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
I have always thought. Morality plus a little faith can take someone to heaven. I have a friend who is not a christian or muslim but he doesnt kill, fornicate, steal, covet, etc but doesnt know God. Can he go to heaven. If he cannot then what will happen with those who die before Jesus who knows not religion
Re: Between Religion And Morality: Which One Can Take You To Heaven by darasam4u: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Between Religion And Morality: Which One Can Take You To Heaven?
No one! Neither religion nor morality will take anyone to heaven but Christlikeness. It's the life you live that will judge u(justified or damned). You need to acknowledge your sins before God, repent and forsake them and u trust in the atoning blood of Jesus for your cleasing and justification before one can make heaven.
You'll need to be pure in heart to see God else, all efforts(morality), religion and self rigteousness will be vain and lands someone in no other place than the eternal lake.
Concerning those who died before Christ, they'll be judged by the law of conscience. The Almighty says in Jer. 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
You can see that the merciful God who is also a consuming fire makes adequate provision for all ages. Remember, Enouch lived in an age where idolaterous worship was so prevalent that the knowledge of the true God was almost 'non-existence' and he has no Bible, nor pastor, no preacher nor prophet, not even a fellow believer or someone to look up to in the faith, yet "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."
Does the life you currently live please God? Do u live a victorious daily life of dying to self, satan and sin? Do u have a pure motive, pure intentions, a pure conscience? Do you have the witness of the spirit in you assuring you of heaven should the curtain of your life be drawn NOW? ... These are the things that will take us to heaven which is only made possible through grace that comes from Christ redemtive blood shed for the remission of our sins and raised for our justification. If anyone irrespective of religion, race or sex cannot provide the right answer to these, he's already on his way to HELL.

(1) (Reply)

? / Pope Appoints Archbishop Onaiyekan As Cardinal / Benedict Xvi's Resignation Is It Due To A Case Of Blackmail On Gay Bishops?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.