Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger (6664 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct / Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Interview (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nasri100(m): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2012
Arsène Wenger, OBE (French pronunciation: [aʁsɛn vɛŋ(ɡ)ɛʁ]; born 22 October 1949) is the manager of English Premier League side Arsenal. He is the club's longest serving manager and most successful, winning 11 individual honours since 1996. Journalists give Wenger credit for revolutionising football in England in the late 1990s, primarily through the introduction of changes in the training and diet of players, while attempting to implement a philosophy that football ought to be entertaining on the pitch.

Wenger was born in Strasbourg, France and subsequently raised in Duttlenheim. He was introduced to football by his father, the manager of the local village team. After a modest playing career, making appearances for several amateur clubs, Wenger obtained a manager's diploma in 1981. His subsequent managerial career brought him greater triumph and recognition than he achieved as a player. Following an unsuccessful period at Nancy which culminated in his dismissal in 1987, Wenger won the league championship with Monaco in 1988. In 1991, he guided the club to victory in the Coupe de France, but failure to regain the domestic championship in later seasons led to Wenger departing Monaco by mutual consent in September 1994. He briefly coached Japanese J. League side Nagoya Grampus Eight, winning the Emperor's Cup and the Japanese Super Cup.

In 1996, Wenger was named manager of Arsenal and two years later, in 1998, became the first manager born outside Britain to win the league and FA Cup double. He led the club to appearances in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final and 2001 FA Cup Final, before replicating the double achievement in 2002. Arsenal retained the FA Cup in 2003 and a year later regained the league, becoming the first club since Preston North End, 115 years previously, to go through an entire league season undefeated. The team later eclipsed Nottingham Forest's sequence of 42 league matches unbeaten and went seven more matches before defeat in October 2004. Arsenal made their first appearance in a Champions League final in 2006, having gone 10 consecutive games without conceding a goal. In 2012, the club qualified for a fifteenth successive season of Champions League football, after making their worst start to a season for 58 years. During his tenure, Arsenal moved to a new training centre and after 93 years at Highbury, in August 2006, relocated to the Emirates Stadium.

The nickname "Le Professeur" is used by fans and the British media today, to reflect his studious demeanour. Wenger's approach to the game emphasises an attacking mentality. His Arsenal teams are often criticised for their indiscipline; his players received 80 red cards between September 1996 and October 2010, though the team has also won awards for sporting fair play. At Monaco, Wenger earned a reputation for spotting young talent and has retained a focus on developing a youth system, where his clubs develop young players instead of buying expensive, experienced ones. He has faced criticism for sticking closely to his principles, with some commentators questioning his ambition to win trophies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsene_Wenger

Happy 63rd birthday to the "Le Professeur", the genius at Arsenal. . . .Arsene Wenger cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy birthday d miser. Up blues....
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by itiswell1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
Am suspecting, "Nairaland" is an Arsenal fan. HBD Prof
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Afam4eva(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday Wenger...I hope Chelsea never smells any trophy this season. AMEN.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by mamagee3(f): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday, Arsene Wenger!!!
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by omodapson(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday to the best talent manager in football. cool
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by abitex577(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday Proffessor!!!
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by greall12(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lazy man any way happy birthday.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by JoelFelix(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
The man is still young oh, i was thinking may b his 70yrs. Well happy birdday.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by JoelFelix(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
The man is still young oh, i was thinking may b his 70yrs. Well happy bd
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
Na stinginess dey worry am.

Joel Felix: The man is still young oh, i was thinking may b his 70yrs. Well happy birdday.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by IYuckMoufI: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday for what!?!?

For Being an Overrated manager who has underachieved his whole career in the EpL ??!

For Constantly getting his skull crushed and caved in by Man United and Chelsea Year after year?!!?

For having an Endless Supply of Under Utilized French Talent that he can't even Manage Properly??!!?

Fuc Him.

It's time for this Guy to Perish!

This old Bastaard should expire shortly!

...Who Cares about the English League Anyway....bunch of scoundrels who have robbed Africa of All it's Talent.

Just to dress them up in those Corny EPL Kits.

Why is a Lion the Symbol anyway?!!?

Ha..subliminal Message?!!?

.... wink

It's all about Fc Barcelona.

La Liga!

Viva Barca!

3 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Cruzgee: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
As oyibo man, he never looked 63 to me. I was thinking of fifty something. I usually like him in his suit - always like the taylor makes his wears on him anytime, anyday.
I join all arsenal fans worldwide to congratulate baba wenger!!! HBD sir!
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by kenkruse: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
HBD Le' Prof.
The father of Champagne football

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by mrkels(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
Great men were born today, including myself. Happy bday wenger and me grin
Nairalanders are invited to my party, see details here:https://www.nairaland.com/1081237/veteran-blogger-celebrates-birthday-style
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Ekans: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva: Happy Birthday Wenger...I hope Chelsea never smells any trophy this season. AMEN.
Well,Arsenal will make do with winning a tea cup this season.Anu Nteje.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by IYuckMoufI: 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Cruz-gee:
As oyibo man, he never looked 63 to me. I was thinking of fifty something. I usually like him in his suit - always like the taylor makes his wears on him anytime, anyday.
I join all arsenal fans worldwide to congratulate baba wenger!!! HBD sir!

Oh stop Coooning..

That Mouthafoukin looks 400 hundred years old....

"Oh Mr Cracka man Yous face looks soo Handsome to be 60...Massa I's thought you was only a mere 49"

Shut the fuc up.

This Ancient Mesopotamia Lookin asss Niqqah.......What are you on about!?!?

Cruz-gee:
Oh mr Cracker man i sure likes to shine yooo shoes and clean your backside with my tongue after ya finish using the Toilet!
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARSENE WENGER.
UP ARSENE!!
UP ARSENAL!!!
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by jibosqie(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy Birthday Cradle Robber.......All Creches World over will put tight security in place just for you not to kidnap kids anymore. tongue
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by ebamma(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:
Happy Birthday for what!?!?

For Being an Overrated manager who has underachieved his whole career in the EpL ??!

For Constantly getting his skull crushed and caved in by Man United and Chelsea Year after year?!!?

For having an Endless Supply of Under Utilized French Talent that he can't even Manage Properly??!!?

Fuc Him.

It's time for this Guy to Perish!

This old Bastaard should expire shortly!

...Who Cares about the English League Anyway....bunch of scoundrels who have robbed Africa of All it's Talent.

Just to dress them up in those Corny EPL Kits.

Why is a Lion the Symbol anyway?!!?

Ha..subliminal Message?!!?

.... wink

It's all about Fc Barcelona.

La Liga!

Viva Barca!
will u shut up,when did u start watching football,The barca you claim to fan will not achieve half of what this man achieved with the players at his disposal,

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by OgidiOlu3(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
Happy birthday ''the professor''.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by tayoTFC(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
HBD..BABA SIXTIES,,,THOUHGT NORWICH CITY HAS ALREADY GIVE U BIRTHDAY GIFT....UP BLUES UP GUNNERS..BLUE FOR REAL
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Saintsquare(m): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
HBD,Mr BEAN grin grin grin
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Saintsquare(m): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
HBD,Mr BEAN grin grin grin
hope Arsenal will lift spoon this season.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva: Happy Birthday Wenger...I hope Chelsea never smells any trophy this season. AMEN.

it's too late. You shoulda prayed this before the season began

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Shaw007(m): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
HaPPy birthdAy Prof cool

#Upgunnerz
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Shaw007(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
jibosqie: Happy Birthday Cradle Robber.......All Creches World over will put tight security in place just for you not to kidnap kids anymore. tongue
sharrAp diatongue. . .u jst jealous No one else develops talent Like D Proftonguetongue cool
I jst wish Nigeria had an Arsene w(v)enger embarassed
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by caukerzee(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
Stingy under achiever, mediocrity is his policy, most overrated p r i c k of all time, only concerned with making money robbing the fans of their happiness. 8 years and running, still ambitionless only concerned about making profit for the greedy owners. Ass-nal remains a feeder club, make a player and sell him at his prime. Till this d i c k head is fired, arsenal fans should be ready to be always underdogs.
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Super1759: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
yesterday was mukina2's birthday and today is her dad's birthday....no wonder she is so clinched to the trophiless club grin
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Suljosh: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
Up ChELSeA! LWKMD in bokoharam tongue Booooombwahahahahahahahahahahahaha, jealousy
Re: Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
Saintsquare: HBD,Mr BEAN grin grin grin
hope Arsenal will lift spoon this season.

ffuck you. big time
silly man-u boyz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Great Moment Picture In Sport / Olympiacos Vs Manchester City: UCL (0 - 1) On 25th November 2020 / Liverpool Vs Leicester City (2 - 2) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.