Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct (5381 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy / Hail Rooney-the King Of Diving Yet Uefa Bans Eduardo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mukina2: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2012
UEFA has banned Arsene Wenger for three matches for improper conduct in relation to comments he made about the match referee after Arsenal's Champions League game against AC Milan on 6th March.

As well as being suspended from carrying out his managerial duties for the team's next three European games, Wenger has been hit with a fine of €40,000 (£33,000).

It is the third time the Frenchman has been given a touchline ban in the space of a year and, barring an appeal, will be a blow for the club when they return to continental competition.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7637395/Wenger-hit-with-UEFA-ban
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by twinstaiye(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
The bad blood between Platini and Arsene!!! You will but noticed it each time they need to punish Arsene or his players. 3 match Ban is too harsh IMHO. Trust Arsene, like he used to do, he will surely retaliate by criticising some of the works of UEFA in a few weeks to come; and UEFA will be waiting again each time he misbehave.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by opokonwa(m): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
Na today?
UEFA's rules are simple:

DON'T COMPLAIN!
OUR REFEREES ARE INFALLIBLE!!
SEE NO EVIL, SAY NO EVIL!!!

I am not an Arsenal fan but it's amazing that in this era of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression, UEFA is running a TOTALITARIAN & DICTATORIAL Leadership that will not hesitate to punish anyone that makes any unflattering remark about its officials and/or methods.

It used to be CHELSEA FC (Players and Club alike!)
Then Mourinho (REAL MADRID FC)
Then Arsene Wenger (ARSENAL FC).

UEFA = ADOLF HITLER = NAPOLEON BONAPARTE = GENGHIS KHAN = NEBUCHADNEZZAR = PHARAOH

Sadly, BARCELONA FC seems to be the favored and pampered pikin embarassed

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by dripstoil: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
ehhhh
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by escobar07(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2012
This is kinda harsh. A one- match ban would have been okay.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by Bastiger(m): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
is platini and his bunch of goons tryin to tell the whole world that that their match officials are infallible?kettle calling pot black,platini has an authocratic nature yet he complains about sepp blatter.y not giv wenger a life ban 4 expressing himself,uefa goons
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
I am waiting to hear how they'll handle that of Guadiola and his men!

1 Like

Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by Emylexray(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
Same old story! Must it be always wenger? Platini runs an autocratic government that tramples upon rights of managers and players. I'm not an arsenal fan, but this ban and fine punishment on wenger is harsh and uncalled for.
If it were guardiola or his players, you wouldn' get such unfair treatment, why didn't he place a similar punishment on sergio busquet when he racially abused Marcelo when both teams met in the chiampions league last season? Why the preferential treatment given to barcelona players always?
Maybe barcelona owns UEFA!..
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by FRANKLINTON(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2012
Wenger will always criticise Mourinho, whenever he(Mourinho) is banned as if he's a kind of saint and infallible. Now that he broke the law, he should pay the fine.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by ignis: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2012
escobar07: This is kinda harsh. A one- match ban would have been okay.
it's even supposed to be upto 5 match bans. I hate arrogant coaches.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2012
twinstaiye: The bad blood between Platini and Arsene!!! You will but noticed it each time they need to punish Arsene or his players. 3 match Ban is too harsh IMHO. Trust Arsene, like he used to do, he will surely retaliate by criticising some of the works of UEFA in a few weeks to come; and UEFA will be waiting again each time he misbehave.
Biase! Biase!! Biase!!!
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by emsquare(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2012
escobar07: This is kinda harsh. A one- match ban would have been okay.

True!
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
Kudos to UEFA (call me Sadist if you like). Wenger has always been a bad loser who cannot control his bunkums coming out of his mouth, I seldom hear SAF, Cryuff, Vicente, Ancellotti etc complaining incessantly of poor Uefa officiating and all these aforementioned coaches are my miles better than Wenger so I'll recommend 10 match ban for the "Prof" (both domestic and Uefa matches).... Just my opinion.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by KoladeArow(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
Am not surprised since this is not uefa's first time of banning Arsene. It seems they are not fair with him.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by vislabraye(m): 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2012
Thye becoming tyrants. I wonder why they like to pick on Wenger. What beef do the two French men have against each other.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by afinic001(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
The rules are very clear! Football practitioners - players,coaches,club officials etc must not criticise or praise referees and the match officials. Flouting this rule attracts a punishment. In Wenger's case he called the referee a 'f..ucking disgrace'. Hence the 3-match ban.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by Aladinn(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
mercenaryx: Kudos to UEFA (call me Sadist if you like). Wenger has always been a bad loser who cannot control his bunkums coming out of his mouth, I seldom hear SAF, Cryuff, Vicente, Ancellotti etc complaining incessantly of poor Uefa officiating and all these aforementioned coaches are my miles better than Wenger so I'll recommend 10 match ban for the "Prof" (both domestic and Uefa matches).... Just my opinion.
Aside last season 2nd-round loss to Barça where AW complained about the official, which was right, where have you heard AW complain after losing a Uefa match? Okay, you'll milan. Aside that, any more? Please remind me.
Did i hear u say AW is a 'bad loser'? I gues you don't know wen apropriate to use such phrase.
For those coaches you mentioned up there, whom i also respect, add AW to the rank. He's up there with them. Do you know who developed George Weah? Victor Ikpeba became the prince of monaco under AW. I tink you are too young to know that.
And did i see Ancelloti in ur list?
Bro, you're not a Sadist, as you want people to tag you. You are Psychotic
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by theviper1: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
WHY ALWAYS WENGER? that loser at the helm of affairs at UEFA is just to tyrannical to head even his own family talkless of an organization as big as uefa.and the butthole is still trash-talking Blatter.imagine if he were to be the FIFA president one day.anyways,the boss said that he will straight away appeal that mindless punishment.one day Platini will ban AW for using his own bathroom.what kind of a lunatic is platini for crying out loud? a verbal warning woulda be nuff for this,bt then the french never liked themselves.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by ekeroyal(m): 3:56am On Mar 31, 2012
Aladinn:
Aside last season 2nd-round loss to Barça where AW complained about the official, which was right, where have you heard AW complain after losing a Uefa match? Okay, you'll milan. Aside that, any more? Please remind me.
Did i hear u say AW is a 'bad loser'? I gues you don't know wen apropriate to use such phrase.
For those coaches you mentioned up there, whom i also respect, add AW to the rank. He's up there with them. Do you know who developed George Weah? Victor Ikpeba became the prince of monaco under AW. I tink you are too young to know that.

You're very correct bro. don't mind haters like mercenaryx who know nothing about soccer, I guess he's a Chelski fan. Wenger has always said the truth when it needed to be said, he isn't scared of the shit heads running UEFA or BPL or anything. He's a soccer god no doubt and nothing can hamper his philosophy in and out of the game.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 6:47am On Mar 31, 2012
Aladinn:
Ad hominem! But I'll overlook the insults and go straight to the issue.... Playback Arsenal Vs Olympiakos 2005/2006 and you'll see more of Wengers brouaha, pardon me for not putting AW name among the elite list because if you can read proper you wont find Mourinho there so that shows that its not a list of world best coaches but just a list of good coaches who rarely criticize Uefa's decisons. Lastly, you talked about AW making Ikpeba a better player!Seconded! But that is not the issue at hand, AW is a reverred coach and a master at what he does but his words and charisma betrays his creativity!... #just my opinion.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 6:51am On Mar 31, 2012
ekeroyal:

You're very correct bro. don't mind haters like mercenaryx who know nothing about soccer, I guess he's a Chelski fan. Wenger has always said the truth when it needed to be said, he isn't scared of the shit heads running UEFA or BPL or anything. He's a soccer god no doubt and nothing can hamper his philosophy in and out of the game.
1. Am not a "Chelski" fan, I am a Barcelona fan.
2. We are not talking about Wenger's skills here but his behavior and manners.
3. Lastly, Wenger is not on my hate list and Wenger is even better than Guardiola in my opinion but am not just okay with his irk manners. #just my opinion.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by chelseabmw(m): 8:06am On Mar 31, 2012
lol

1 Like

Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by slim147(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
Pls pls my fellow Nairalanders, we don't need to insult each other or behave childish over a simple clearly written post. You don't need to use absurd words on each other just to prove a point. You could be talking shi** you know. UEFA 's got it rules. Very simple and clear.
DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMENT *(Good or Bad)* Not Even praise an official before or after a match. Else face the punishment. SAF made a praiseful comment about Mike Dean last season before a match, That's why he was fined £30,000 and three match ban. Its very simple and clear, Mourinho, Massimiliano , Redknap, etc have all been a victim. !!!
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by Maxwellmbah(m): 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2012
UEFA!!! make una stop injustice, the coach just express is own view about the match, which is normal. As for his conduct on the pitch, the match ban is much... So is the money... And this issues of ban and misconduct by coaches...UEFA is not being fair at all... They see some and ignore others....That is INJUSTICE
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2012
Maxwellmbah: UEFA!!! make una stop injustice, the coach just express is own view about the match, which is normal. As for his conduct on the pitch, the match ban is much... So is the money... And this issues of ban and misconduct by coaches...UEFA is not being fair at all... They see some and ignore others....That is INJUSTICE
And so?
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by oluoma1: 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
And so whot, wenger or no wenger, banned or no banned, €40k or not, plati dosen't lik eng clubs believ me. He(plati) Knws whot am talkin abt.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by oluoma1: 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
For God's sake why is it dat dis same man(plati) is denying C.ronaldo his blessings, by givin messi d world best player dat he did not laboured 4. Penny wise palm foolish it is not fair. arsenal fan. Man u go 4 it.
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by slim147(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
oluoma1: For God's sake why is it dat dis same man(plati) is denying C.ronaldo his blessings, by givin messi d world best player dat he did not laboured 4. Penny wise palm foolish it is not fair. arsenal fan. Man u go 4 it.

Oluoma1, you should have spent time watching a ram fight, first , we are not talking about c.ronaldo , messi or the balon d' Or here. Sorry maybe you didn't read well or didn't understand what you read. And platini don't give or name balon d' Or , its selected by votes from football professionals , football legends and top retired Managers ok??
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2012
slim147:

Oluoma1, you should have spent time watching a ram fight, first , we are not talking about c.ronaldo , messi or the balon d' Or here. Sorry maybe you didn't read well or didn't understand what you read. And platini don't give or name balon d' Or , its selected by votes from football professionals , football legends and top retired Managers ok??
Hahahahahahahhahaha... Mute! Seconded!
Re: UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct by mercenaryx(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2012
oluoma1: For God's sake why is it dat dis same man(plati) is denying C.ronaldo his blessings, by givin messi d world best player dat he did not laboured 4. Penny wise palm foolish it is not fair. arsenal fan. Man u go 4 it.

Bunkum! Ad hominem.

(1) (Reply)

Sunderland(1) Vs Chelsea(3) On Tuesday 18th August / Goaloong. Net / The World Ever Best Dribbler Okocha, Ronaldinho Or Zidane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.