Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire (7349 Views)

Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Elueme: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Retire that one million pounds man and let him face his numerous litigations as a retired civil servant.. The likes of salami deserve jail term for subverting and arrogating justice.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by aare07(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Idokojimmy: THis must be a bad news for ACN. The man who gave Tinubu some parts of S/west for some Million pounds has finally been forced to resign. I Wonder who Tinuubu will contract this time to steal ondo for him when ACN files petition. grin grin grin grin grin grin
TINUBU AND AKEREDOLU CANNOT GO TO TRIBUNAL,BECAUSE THEIR PARTY CAME THIRD.
Mimiko winner with 260,199 votes; the
ACN , 143,512 votes and PDP, 155,961 votes.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by emmanjo: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2012
X-factoria:

Oga, you don't know what you are talking about. Salami is corrupt. He was paid to deliver Osun and Ekiti to ACN. That is a fact!!!

The call logs tendered as evidence were real. MTN was also part of the conspiracy and I'm sure they must have pleaded with PDP not to press charges against them.

Why not deal wit d figures of d election rather than just being biased. What makes u think the ACN didn't win in both states. Why are u not saying d same of Edo and other states.
Mtcheeww...
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by gregg2: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2012
Just to give him a soft landing, I guess.
The corrupt man should gladly accept it or . . .

ACN will be weeping.
This is an even bigger loss than Ondo elections.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by thelastPope(m): 8:46am On Oct 22, 2012
You mean Salami the cash-and-carry judge? They should make him the next chairman of ACN, simple! The guy will probably be a better politician than a judge! From the first day Tinubu and co started shouting he was innocent, I knew his fingers were deep in the pie! He should be retiring to kirikiri all things being equal!

2 Likes

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by thelastPope(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2012
emmanjo:

Why not deal wit d figures of d election rather than just being biased. What makes u think the ACN didn't win in both states. Why are u not saying d same of Edo and other states.
Mtcheeww...

Bros, which one be all dis grammer wey you dey blow so? Did the guy not collect egunje? Even Tinubu don indirectly confirm am! The case even dey South Africa! Abeg make we hear word joor!
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Demdem(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2012
thelastPope:

Bros, which one be all dis grammer wey you dey blow so? Did the guy not collect egunje? Even Tinubu don indirectly confirm am! The case even dey South Africa! Abeg make we hear word joor!

Which Egunje are u talking about that the NJC has refused to see so far u this ACN infected brain. Or is it that u know better than NJC themselves that have taken time to investigate these allegations and have not yet sacked him?

Demdem:

Am convince beyond all reasonable doubts that ur head remains intact and correct.
If Salami is found guilty by the NJC, he should be discliplined, de-Robbed and jailed.
If not, then re-instate him and let him continue his good works and let the whole world knows that u guys goofed.
I wonder why either of the two is so difficult to accomplish Asking him to retire with full entitles is like solving this judicial limbo by passing the back door. Is this the judicial reform we all are talking about?
Shame to NJC and the presidency. Until i see Salami well-discliplined, am not convinced that he is guilty. besides, i would love to read this repoort from another news outlet. Tribune are known to prepare most of their reports from wadata plaza in Abuja. Not to be fully trusted.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Teejayphillip(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2012
Y nt ask google 4 Ur answer? Abi U get grudges wif Am??

drnoel: Its is now Labour party all the way.
Em!....by the way who is the head of labour party... tongue
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by OmoTier1(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2012
From the same Tribune that told us FG will be filing the papers for the review of the ICJ decision on Bakassi? Any body that post news from Tribune is already half brain dead By the way, Salami's case will forever remain GEJ's June 12. Even if Salami was corrupt, why not get Him arrested and prosecute Him for the alleged corruption? This tells me GEJ is not sincere with Himself and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by iykak47: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2012
drnoel: Its is now Labour party all the way.
Em!....by the way who is the head of labour party... tongue
Ichie Dan Nwanyanwu is Labour party Chairman, he is also the pro Chancelor Adekunle Ajasin university Akugba-Akoko, the guy is not doing badly in Ondo state.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by OmoTier1(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2012
gregg2: Just to give him a soft landing, I guess.
The corrupt man should gladly accept it or . . .

ACN will be weeping.
This is an even bigger loss than Ondo elections.
To show your level of foolishness, the other courts that have also given ACN candidates their mandates are headed by Salami? It is known the world all over that GEJ is not a principled man and can not abide by civil rules, not for a man raised in the creeks anyway.

What people do not understand is, it does not matter today why party benefited from Salami's judgement, the tenants of Nigeria judiciary must be respected and protected by the FG by putting aside political inclination and making sure that corrupt judges are not only removed but prosecuted to serve as a deterrent to others. But has GEJ done this in Salami's case and why not?

2 Likes

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by iykak47: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Pa Ayo Salami, a man who rejected promotion to the supreme court because ACN made him comfortable been at the lower court.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Demdem(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2012
iykak47: Pa Ayo Salami, a man who rejected promotion to the supreme court because ACN made him comfortable been at the lower court.

Dont be fooled. that wasnt a promotion but a demotion. Who in history has been granted such promotion?
He would have just been any other Supreme court judge. Infact he will seize to become a member of the NJC if he accepts such.

http://www.njc.gov.ng/constitution.php

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by thelastPope(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2012
iykak47: Pa Ayo Salami, a man who rejected promotion to the supreme court because ACN made him comfortable been at the lower court.

My brother, am so bemused too. Since I was born, I have never heard of a judge refusing to go on to the supreme court bench in Nigeria. Its the highest position in the judiciary. But as soon as election matters were assigned to the appeal court, it became very appealing. Do the maths! Salamy is like a civil servant that will resist any promotion if it will take him outta the egunje zone! He will go down as one of the most corrupt judges in Nigeria! Shameless baboon!!!
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by lacasa: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2012
ukpaku: the man is a treat to corruption n injustice that's why GEj n PDP is trying to rubbish him, at the end GEJ will claim to be fighting corruption.

It's called "FRESH AIR Transformation Agenda" grin

Nxt time, be smat, vote fσr a man with shoes wink
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
I don't know whether justice salami subscribes to nairaland or not. I don't know either what his mind is telling him on the JCN's decision.

But i will advice him not to accept the JCN's terms and conditions if and only if he does not want to live in regret forever.

Since his tenure runs till october 2013, which is exactly one calender year from now. The best option will be to hang on till the end.

The storm is heavy and tempestous, i know, but any type of terms and (or) conditions he accepts from them will be more suicidal to his career in particular and our love and prayers to him in general.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Bakreez: 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
luvinhubby:
Personally, Justice Salami"s reputation has been soiled by his inglorious political romance wit Tinubu, selling election disputes to ACN & choosing candidates for them like the case of Rotimi in Ondo, the man shud just go, he is corrupt.
Not all of source will have the sense to address issues objectively. If you say the old man is corrupt then you must be able to defend your defamative act with concrete justification or else go and hug transformer.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
This is the problem I have with Nigeria. If the president believes salami has run foul of law and there is evidence, why not an outright sack followed with a diligent prosecution? How can you retire a supposedly corrupt criminal with full benefits? Who are they fooling? Why is the president choosing which type of NJC recommendations to implement?

The Nigerian judiciary is not more than the extension of presidency. How can they be passing different contradictory resolutions within months? The whole scenario did not even start with any allegation against Salami. He was to be promoted out of relevance to pave way for GEJ consolidation of his questionable electoral victory. Salami rejected the unprecedented move and bingo, dubious moves started. They just had to remove him by all means necessary to seal GEJ's victory.

Suspension is not an admission of guilt. Anyone can be suspended briefly to allow painstaking investigation into any murky issue. The report of the investigative panel is what matters and that has not in anyway indicted Salami otherwise outright sack would have been recommended.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by k9ine(m): 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
Demdem:

... If Salami is found guilty by the NJC, he should be discliplined, de-Robbed and jailed.
If not, then re-instate him and let him continue his good works and let the whole world know that u guys goofed.
I wonder why either of the two is so difficult to accomplish Asking him to retire with full entitles is like solving this judicial limbo by passing the back door. Is this the judicial reform we all are talking about?
Shame to NJC and the presidency. Until i see Salami well-discliplined, am not convinced that he is guilty. besides, i would love to read this report from another news outlet. Tribune are known to prepare most of their reports from wadata plaza in Abuja. Not to be fully trusted.
what more can I say. IF THE MAN IS GUILTY PENALISE HIM, IF NOT, REI-NSTATEMENT HIM. Period!
All this our leaders, e be like say dem swear for them with back door business.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by FrankC3: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why are ACN members mourning the disciplinary action meted out to a member of the Nigerian Judiciary by the NJC? I don't like the feeling i get when i think about this... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by thelastPope(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Frank-C:
Why are ACN members mourning the disciplinary action meted out to a member of the Nigerian Judiciary by the NJC? I don't like the feeling i get when i think about this... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Bros you no tire for these clowns. Dem too dull, am telling you!

Crying more than the bereaved Judidiary. So Salami is now the only judge in Nigeria. The only credible judge according to them. Just see the admission of corruption. It has to be their man Salami or no one else. They don't even realise how they sound to everyone else.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by alausasamuel: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
If men says salami would not be restored because they have skeleton in their cupboard, if its God's will, those hindrances shall be removed.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by peruso: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Judiciary .............SMH
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by luvinhubby(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Bakreez: Not all of source will have the sense to address issues objectively. If you say the old man is corrupt then you must be able to defend your defamative act with concrete justification or else go and hug transformer.
Oni presented facts of the MTN call logs between Salami and Tinubu`s aides on the morning of the tribunal judgements for the Ekiti state guber elections dispute, what was he discussing with a party in a dispute you were to adjudicate on the morning of the judgement if he did not have vested interest in the case.
It was openly reported in the media that Rotimi Akeredolu was not the popular ACN candidate for Ondo guber polls but Justice Ayo J. Salami`s personal choice, hence there was no primaries and most of the ACN chieftains got offended and worked for Mimiko against ACN in Ondo.

Just last week, Yinka Odumakin`s wife, Joe Okei-Odumakin admitted that ACN hired a crowd to protest against Salami`s suspension, why shud ACN do that if they do not have a collaboration with Salami. angry

What more facts do you want?

1 Like

Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by juman(m): 2:30am On Oct 25, 2012
The presidency and the pdp thugs are oppressing the man.

It is understandable that it quite unreasonable to leave the judiciary in the hands of opposition, but the man is not an opposition person.
Re: Judicial Council Asks Salami To Retire by FrankC3: 4:25am On Oct 25, 2012
@juman
Then why is it that we hear more about 'the injustice meted to Salami' from ACN members? So far, ACN members have mourned this removal more than the NBA, Civil Society Organiations and other political parties. The question is why?
The answer is simple when you consider that the 'incorruptible former Justice Salami' exchanged phone calls with Tinubu few hours before the Tribunal under his watch handed over political leadership of a State to a political parties that Tinubu fancies himself as the National Leader. Seriously, are you not worried about this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Has "Finished" Amaechi And Ngige / Amaechi Is Miles ahead of Wike(pictures) / Lowo Adebiyi: Aregbesola, Oyetola Yet To Reconcile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.