Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? (979 Views)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! / Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? / Nigerian Vegetarians i.e. Vegetarians In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by bokom(m): 8:49am On Oct 22, 2012
I travelled to Nigeria recently, and i couldnt find even one vegetarian food store.... and when i tell people that i dont eat animal products, they look at me like i came from another planet. i guess Nigeria is still very far behind
Re: Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by dominique(f): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2012
i don't think you can get a strictly vegeterian foodstore in Nigeria. But the markets contain enough fruits/vegetables/grains to cater for your vegetarian needs. Don't be so quick to bring down your country.
Re: Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by bokom(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2012
I cant find just one vegetarian in Nigeria.... that is sooo bad!, in fact my friends were like, if i am a babe, that every guy will want to date me!, cos i will very very cheap to maintain or take out!..... 70% of our sickness is attributed to what we eat, especially MEAT!... and morally, its very wrong to kill animals too!... i challenge you, come and post here if you are a Nigerian Vegetarian!... of cause i know no one is...meat is the highest addiction of all things..it is even more addicted than drugs, cocaine, smoking.....i know the next question will be...but where do we take our proteins from?... well that is another discussion for another day... if you are a meat eater and you think you are better than a cocaine or drug addict then you must be joking!!!
Re: Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Horus(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2012
bokom: I travelled to Nigeria recently, and i couldnt find even one vegetarian food store.... and when i tell people that i dont eat animal products, they look at me like i came from another planet. i guess Nigeria is still very far behind

There is vegetarians in Nigeria and I am sure you will have a lot of customers if you open a vegetarian restaurant.
Re: Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by bokom(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
@huros.... but you are not one of them....lol. i am still waiting to see one tongue
Re: Is There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by TeejayMaya(m): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
I am a PROUD Veg... I'm always given a strange look like I'm from a strange planet when ever I tell anyone that I am a vegetarian, some also tell me that my wife must be so lucky to have me as she wouldn't have much work to do in the kitchen. The most annoying part is that some are fast to assume you belong to a cult when you are a veg... So many tinz a veg in Nigeria has to endure but nevertheless I am forever PROUD to be one.

(1) (Reply)

Danger Of Eating Artificial Coloring Foods / This Cake Is On Promo / Preparation Of Delicious Irresistable Moi Moi For Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.