Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law (6950 Views)

Stop Drinking Free Beer,know Your Neigbours: Fashola Urges Lagosians / Fashola Urges Lagosians To Endure Okada Ban / Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by semid4lyfe(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why Soldiers Must Obey Traffic Law – Fashola

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola has urged the Nigerian Army to obey the state Road Traffic Law, saying since roads are shared assets, everyone is expected play their roles in managing them.

Fashola said the army should be part of a concerted effort to promote a culture of safety and healthy commuting on roads in the state.

The governor spoke at an interactive session with senior army officers and heads of army formations in Lagos on the law at the 81 Division auditorium, Onikan.
He said, “As a youngster, I took public buses on trips round the state. Now, many of the military officers here will hesitate to allow their children to ride in such public buses for safety reasons.

“In several democracies worldwide, the military have been responsible for fashioning democracy. George Washington was formerly a soldier before becoming an elected President.

“Even in Nigeria, the military gave the nation its present democracy. So, there is a need to have a sustained partnership to keep the democratic experience going and this can only happen in a situation where the rule of law prevails.”

The governor said traffic in the state could be predicted and where there were snarls, patience by drivers and other road users could ensure sanity on roads.

He said, “But from the time when somebody tries to jump the queue or use the siren to drive all of us away, you need to look behind you and see what happens afterwards. Once you have gone, everybody is struggling to follow you.”

Fashola said part of the options embraced by the government to solve traffic congestion in the state was the Bus Rapid Transit scheme which sought to make use of buses to convey more people and reduce the number of cars on the roads.

The General Officer Commanding of the 81 Division, Major-General Kenneth Minimah, said the military would conform and also champion enforcement of the law.

He said, “There is no reason why the new traffic law should not work. The military formations will go beyond just obeying the law but take part in enforcing it since it is a legitimate law of the state that has passed through the necessary processes before becoming a law.”

Minimah added that military officers were expected to obey the laws of the state, saying if soldiers obey the law, it will be difficult for any other group to disobey it.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=46407

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by benedictjohn(m): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
during these period! FTC meant nothing!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by PeterKbaba: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
benedict john: E be like say fashola don 2 get mouth dis days o.... I jst pray make him step dwn, den him go see wetin soldiers go use him eyes see....

Go back to your village cage were you belong.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by PeterKbaba: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Click to watch Fashola teaching our military officers how to be civil in a democratic society.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/videos/2012/10/20/20121020V01.wmv
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Foxybone(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
I'm tired of Fashola did this, Fashola did that..... angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by luvinhubby(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Fashola should go and retrieve his 28 BRT buses siezed by OBJ and i`ll know he is serious, na for mouth?
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Horus(m): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmU1RULNjY

Soldiers Must Obey Traffic Law – Fashola
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by greatgod2012(f): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
Fasola did this, Fasola did that, i hope this man Fasola is not preparing for war while at peace.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by babaowo: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
benedict john: E be like say fashola don 2 get mouth dis days o.... I jst pray make him step dwn, den him go see wetin soldiers go use him eyes see....
u think say na worry u dey ni this is lagos comply or face it.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by chucky234(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nice move
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by sylve11: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why not Beat them mercilessly, arrest them and get their vehicles, bikes pounded or set ablaze; just as mere okada men are being treated? Oh! So the military men are untouchable? Why urging them and not beating or arresting them. Power dey pass power. shocked cool

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by femmy2010(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
luvinhubby: Fashola should go and retrieve his 28 BRT buses siezed by OBJ and i`ll know he is serious, na for mouth?

Those buses belong to Nigerians in general and not fashola.
Ever heard of fashola ride in one before?the BRT scheme is simply giving a vip treatment to the ordinary Lagosian.
It is sick that a stateman like OBJ would seize those buses thus adding more to the plight of commuters in lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by mbhs139(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
There are so many kids on this land. See comments. We are actually aiming for growth
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by PeterKbaba: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sometimes I'm so surprised with the comments I read on nl, I am beginning to think most of all nairalanders are actually not Nigerians, but spy's from different African and international countries, coming here with different fake user id's trying to promote hatred among Nigerians, in-order to divide us.

The only reason the colonial masters are finding it difficult to penetrate Africa with a free hand is because of the Nigerian population. If they successfully divide this country, believe me Africa is gone. Its all about the divide and rule strategy. How come a country like Yankee can interfere with the Nigerian Sovereignty ( Predicting and sowing the seed of division is the heart of Nigerians ). Our problem in this country is the politicians and our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by takedat(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Even in more civilised climes, every Government take a cautious approach when dealing with the Army. Its like some people just don't see any good in anything Fashola does.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by EmmaTay(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Fashola na u fit do am. go on. Good motion
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Horus(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
PeterKbaba: Sometimes I'm so surprised with the comments I read on nl, I am beginning to think most of all nairalanders are actually not Nigerians, but spy's from different African and international countries, coming here with different fake user id's trying to promote hatred among Nigerians, in-order to divide us.

The only reason the colonial masters are finding it difficult to penetrate Africa with a free hand is because of the Nigerian population. If they successfully divide this country, believe me Africa is gone. Its all about the divide and rule strategy. How come a country like Yankee can interfere with the Nigerian Sovereignty ( Predicting and sowing the seed of division is the heart of Nigerians ). Our problem in this country is the politicians and our constitution.

I agree 100% with you and we have to be very careful around the internet, many people have alternative agendas. Euro/Americans are on Nigerian forums to see what they can get away with within mainstream media. Many Europeans are on Nairaland in disguise just to try and control the wave of information reaching our people and are here trying to deter your understanding. They post tribalistic messages to divide Nigerians. There are many agendas behind what you read. Know that it is actually an understanding of positive and negative that will truly tell you what is in the best interests for Nigerians. A righteous Nigerian may disagree with aspects of the message but they would not openly try and deter others from receiving it.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
It is a nice move.If the military are obeying the traffic law, it will be very difficult for civilians to break it except the stubborn ones that hate peace and progress of the Lagos state
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
*looks around quickly crosses brt lane...gives lastma 15naira...crosses back*

1 Like

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by SITogira1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hm.. Hm.,He wan lagos be like US woo he don think say we de for 9ja. embarassed
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2012

You sound like an Ape that scientists performed experiments on thereby enabling it to learn how to talk.....

Are you an Ape that scientists performed experiments on thereby enabling it to learn how to talk
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by GARRIx7(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nice one, Fashola!!!

Soldiers should show a Good example in Civil and Orderly Behaviour!!!!
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by CLIQBOY(m): 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
sure thing them go obey before na...abi na dere papa dey lagos state government cool cool cool cool
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by PeterKbaba: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Horus:

I agree 100% with you and we have to be very careful around the internet, many people have alternative agendas. Euro/Americans are on Nigerian forums to see what they can get away with within mainstream media. Many Europeans are on Nairaland in disguise just to try and control the wave of information reaching our people and are here trying to deter your understanding. They post tribalism messages to divide Nigerians. There are many agendas behind what you read. Know that it is actually an understanding of positive and negative that will truly tell you what is in the best interests for Nigerians. A righteous Nigerian may disagree with aspects of the message but they would not openly try and deter others from receiving it.

You completely understand, do you know the British/Europeans have PURE WHITE OYINBO CITIZENS who individually speak all Nigerian languages including our broken English perfectly. One little secret, the genesis of the wars around the world started because of Africa and it would end with the lord's coming with Africa.
Jesus was black
Mohammed was black.
Israel belongs to the black people (Israelite)
The bible/koran are the history of blacks

Think: The is a big difference between Jews and Jewish / Israelite and Israeli's

All this white supremacists leaders of the world knows all this, but if they allow the black race stand up, they will automatically go down.

Have you asked yourself why the only news in the international TV about Africa is people dying with flies flying all over their body, every news about Africa is always negative. this is their strategy to affect the mind of rich blacks abroad. How come places like Lagos, Abuja, portharcort, Johannesburg etc are not shown on international tv. how come if these any wrong policies ( Instead of showing our ministers and asking them questions from the beautiful structures in abj ) they prefer going to the most locaaaaaal area of the country and say that's Nigeria. No wonder a white friend of mine could ask me, is it true the are no roads in Africa and people normally go to the river with lions to fetch water and some people sleep on trees.

We need to understand that information is knowledge and knowledge is power .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKa8VVPx78&feature=related

1 Like

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by GentleNaaz(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Fashola..fashola...fashola....... Hw many times did i cal u? I oppose ur statemnt. Wat if dy hv emergncy 2 atnd? Soldiers r nt civilians, dy r always time concious. Fashola, u b my able governor bt i no dy look ur face. Democracy? Yes,bt soldiers help 2 maintain it, either dierctly or indirectly. Wt ds few points of mine, i tink soldiers shud only obey traffic wn nt on duty. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by GentleNaaz(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
PeterKbaba: Click to watch Fashola teaching our military officers how to be civil in a democratic society.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/videos/2012/10/20/20121020V01.wmv
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Victorjoseph(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Daz nt d major tin sef broda Fashola shuld focus on. There are major tinz he nids 2 put his minds on nt d obeyin road laws by soldiers.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by ayoola2002(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: I'm tired of Fashola did this, Fashola did that..... angry angry angry
Pls and pls jump to lagoon or hug transformer.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by elopee3000(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Fashola how was ondo election did ur candidate win?where is tinubu and boko rauf
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by tellwisdom: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
This man should pedal low o..Laws are not meant for all, and he sure knows this.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by femmy2010(m): 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
elopee3000: Fashola how was ondo election did ur candidate win?where is tinubu and boko rauf

What has Fashola got to do with elections in Ondo?
The electorate has spoken so ife goes on.
Re: Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 23, 2012
Soldiers should stay in Barracks and stop driving about or perambulating the streets like lost dogs!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Beware Of APC" - Explicit Verse From The Bible / Vote: Who Is More Beautiful Aisha Buhari, Bolanle Ambode, Or Eberechi N-wike / BREAKING!!! Rivers People Shuns Wike's Carol As Free Buses Left Empty (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.