Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu (6972 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate / Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by fm7070: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2012
This is the high time ACN and other political folks will understand that Nigerians are wiser.
We will only chose those who serve us well.
If they like, ACN should buckle up in Lagos and other states, if not, they will see the shock of their life in the next election.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by mbulela: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2012
This man is disappointing me big time.
I thought he was a bit refined?
Why can't he just accept defeat and start strategizing for 2016? After all Mimoko will not contest then and considering his relative naivety in politics he can build a better stronghold by then.
I am still looking for an election ACN will lose and accept defeat. Why are they such sore losers?
It takes a lot to make the demonic PDP look good but on the count of electoral result acceptance, ACn are sure making PDP look like saints.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by folahann(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2012
Didn't know ACN could become like this. Now I see they (all politicians)are all the same. Anyway maybe that is restricted to Ondo alone.

Even PDP challenged Oshiomole's victory in Edo State, that is what is expected.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by folahann(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2012
mbulela: This man is disappointing me big time.
I thought he was a bit refined?
Why can't he just accept defeat and start strategizing for 2016? After all Mimoko will not contest then and considering his relative naivety in politics he can build a better stronghold by then.
I am still looking for an election ACN will lose and accept defeat. Why are they such sore losers?
It takes a lot to make the demonic PDP look good but on the count of electoral result acceptance, ACn are sure making PDP look like saints.

How many elections have they truly lost that they didn't accept defeat? Partisanship doesn't mean you shouldn't be objective.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by thelastPope(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2012
folahann: Didn't know ACN could become like this. Now I see they (all politicians)are all the same. Anyway maybe that is restricted to Ondo alone.

Even PDP challenged Oshiomole's victory in Edo State, that is what is expected.

PDP did not challenge the Edo state election. The PDP candidate did. The party disassociated themselves from his litigation. He is on his own. The party accepted the election and congratulated Oshiomole. Get your facts right!
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by gulfer: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2012
I hate to say this but, the unbridled greed Tinubu has exhibited in recent times for the conquest of the South West and his goal of becoming the Yoruba states' focal point is rather annoying and unjustified. He should stop riding on the June 12/progressive's momentum which he is soiling with his current in-actions. I am certain that as soon as Tinubu finds a good way of withdrawing to the background unnoticed from this everlasting disgrace, we will hear less from Akeredolose. How can a democrat say he spent millions of Pounds on winning an election, INEC should try him for that statement and even EFCC should pick him up; even lawless PDP in their most reckless way and days would not have made this mistake to plan on thwarting the popular submission in a manner so brigand as this. I wsuggest that all ACN governors should do same and retain their autonomy just like Mimiko 'IROKO', which incidentally is a significant name just did against the Jaguda of Lagos .
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Alhasan1(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2012
Akeredolu!Akeredolu!Akeredolu!How many times did i call u!Ok,it is advisable for u to accept ur fate rather than wasting ur remaining money.Some money u spent for Tinubu and co is now wasted and that yeye pastor on d stage quoting bible for Tinubu,did Jesus teach him to use bible for that.IROKO VS IGBALE.U D BETTER GET BACK TO IBADAN MAYBE AJIMOBI WILL BE CATERING FOR YOUR NEED.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by hikmoj(m): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] haba! Make una pity dis man now. Uncle Aketi congrat 4having a case pls go to court. Meanwhile congrat 4ur third place...bronze na medal now.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by mbulela: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2012
folahann:

How many elections have they truly lost that they didn't accept defeat? Partisanship doesn't mean you shouldn't be objective.
You need to look up the meaning of the word partisanship again. either that or you are mixing me up with someone else.
For the records, i detests Nigerian political parties. They are just necessary evils.
I tend to deduce from your argument that ACN have never truly lost an election. If my deduction is wrong, kindly state the one they truly lost and proof of them accepting defeat. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by PosCaricature: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2012
It is only when ACN wins election that the election is free & fair otherwise it is seen to have been rigged. Even PDP that came second in the just concluded Ondo guber polls have accepted defeat & confirmed that the election was free & fair. Akeredolu & his party must learn to accept defeat in an election particularly when it is adjudged to be the free & transparent by both local & international observers with confirmation by all other political parties that also participated in the election. The wish of the people must be respected.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Elueme: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2012
Chei!! I no talk anything o, I be I talk? Just waiting for some people to comment on this thread Demdem has posited as usual , am expecting more from them, they know themselves : grin grin grin... The comments so far is indicative that Nigerians are putting on the thinking cap.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^

Foool, whats wrong with what Demdem said?

Demdem: No problem. If Akeredolu feels he has a good case, he should be encouraged to go to court. Its not out of place. I wish him luck.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Akolawole(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Omofranca: Most Nigerian politicians are sore losers - it was obvious right from the start that Mimiko was the people's choice.

They are sore losers because our elections are hardly free and fair.

From second republic till today, i can only count 2 elections that are free and probably fair. Only 2!

1) June 12 presidential election and

2) Edo state governorship election [ People just vote enmasse for comrade NOT because he's in ACN or good guy, they were just tired of PDP nonsense for years ]

Imagine the last presidential election in the south east where GEJ won by 99% etc. How onearth could any politician scored that? Not Awolowo! Not Azikwe and NOT Sarduana of this world. It is a total fraud.

Back to Ondo state, ACN will go to court, i am of the opinion that some elections will be cancelled, ACN will NOT win but Olusola Oke might QUITELY be the governor.

All VALID votes MUST count and all irregularities must be cancelled.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by koruji(m): 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
I am thoroughly disappointed in most of the comments on Akeredolu's benign complaints. It shows that the unprincipled agents of darkness abide in Nigeria still. Most of u require a lobotomy.

In a principled society the sane response would be for citizens to be interested in finding out if those acts of lawlessness he mentioned took place and to see that elections at affected polling units are cancelled. He would be encouraged to pursue his complaints through the proper channels.

For those commenting without reading, Akeredolu clearly stated that he won in his area despite LP's attempt to steal the vote and making false statements that he lost.

Nigeria has got a looooooooonnnnnnng way to go!!!
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by politician(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
Demdem: No problem. If Akeredolu feels he has a good case, he should be encouraged to go to court. Its not out of place. I wish him luck.

Chief, this statement just earned my admiration!!
During the declaration by the returning officer, FUTA VC, the man said .... Olusola mimiko is hereby declared winner and returned!!

2 mins later, the LP agent (he had been protesting before) raise alarm that it should read thus... Rahman mimiko is hereby declared winner and returned as governor!!

The VC said its the same thing, the agent protested , the VC had to call everybody to attention and read it again! This time, as the LP wants!

That's what happen when a doctor defeats 2 lawyers!!

ACN would likely not go to the tribunal, they tend to loose affections by doing so!!

They should just kick-start the regional integration plan( if it truly exists) and people will pick up brooms again!!

Fighting mimiko is just a battle that can spell doom, others would key into it to defect from the party!!

If mimiko can do it, we can do it too!!!

And ACN and PDP disappointed me somehow... They didn't quite RIG!! Quite unusual!!( At least those caught were LP) or maybe they were not caught!!

Ȋ̝̊̅ had predicted thus before...

MY TAKE!!

It would take a political miracle for ACN to spin this!!

The ondo pple will speak via the ballot!!

And knowing the way we conduct elections in nigeria!! It will likely be a case of.....

PDP--- RIG
LP. ---- RIGGER
ACN --- RIGGEST

Afterall, someone one said '' If you can't win an election, you rig''
If you cannot rig, get somone to rig for you'

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Lucasbalo(m): 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
This guy is a loser. Go and lick the behind of ur so called leader Tinubu . I guess ondo people are not money hungry to fall for Tinubu antics. Good for Iroko. He is a giant killer. Enough of Tinubu domination of yorubaland with his fake leadership based on stolen money from Lagos state.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
afam4eva: It was not free and fair because you lost okwa ya? I guess if it had gone in your favor, you would have proclaimed it as the freest and fairest election in Nigeria's history.

No mind am. I also remember Oshiomole's ranting that soldiers sent to Edo to provide security were there to rig elections. They really need to stop this their warped mentality. The voters are now stronger than before. I don't like GEJ's economic policies but he deserves credit for allowing free and fair elections.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Khayordhe: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
I pity u o,aketi...u wan implicate ursef abi? U think say dem no knw wetin ur guy,boroffice go do 4 oka-akoko?...make i no reveal ur secret online jawe
8 out of 13 don congratulate mimiko,u beta join dem,make u accept ur defeat "jejely" make u 2 congratulate d performer
i can't jux imagine,d mumu man came 3rd nd e dey tok say d election is nt fair...shey u no dey shy ni? Even sef,ur tinubu neva tok u kum dey complain...stupid man
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by wengerjay(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
The results of this widely acclaimed freest and fairest election in our country in recent times is to sensitize the other south-west governors that serving the masses is the only magic that can guarantee u victory in the coming elections and not worshipping a godfather.All these complaints and lamentations by Akeredolu are signs of rantings of a sinking man.It is embarrassing,humiliating,disgusting and degrading for a candidate who claimed he was the most popular candidate to lose in his polling unit.Mimiko has served the people of Ondo state diligently and has touched the hearts the inhabitants of the state both old and young.It is high time Akeredolu and his party accepted the results of this election.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Can he swear before God, Ogun, Sango etc that his party did not rig in any way?

If you want to come to equity,come with clean hands.

Abeg accept defeat and move on with your life.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by AlhajiPastor: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
I DEDUCED FROM THE PEOPLE'S COMMENTS HERE; ITS GLARING THAT AKEREDOLU IS NOT FAVOURED BY THE MAJORITY. MIMIKO WON THE ELECTION.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Akolawole(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Kuroji

Agreed

@All
Tinubu may come with Integration agenda. He and many of us who understand the sophistication of ondo people knew they can NEVER be bought by ''external''forces.

Lets wait and see as events unfolds.......
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by saintgwizard(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Bunch of rascals. When you win it is free and fair, when you loose, it was rigged.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by kutchs: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
Go to hell SAN. We do not need the likes of you in this present time.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by engroluyede: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
cry cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed smiley smiley smileyNa wa o is not free and fair? Do you think you can win? well Ondo people who leave in Lagos know the type pf hardship Lagocian passes through through all this yeye law of ACN introduction of three toll plazzers in one local government, traffic laws barning OKADA on the road, do you think we will allow Tinubu to repeat thesame in Ondo state? no sir. change party because 2015 in Lagos is not sure for ACN. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by MOREWLL: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thaz Nigerian for you,will same man cry foul if he had won the election.Please give Ondo peace a chance Sir
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by sammy329(m): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
I an ACN supporters but dis guy really piss me off. A person contesting as a governor that could not win his polling unit and local government
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Jaywon242(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
Aketi should just keep his mouth shut and accept defeat. I am very aware that a young boy of abt 20yrs old,who is an ACN supporter,in my compound has 4 voting cards and he was given N5,000 a few days before the election. Even the PDP rigged at an alarming rate in Ilaje local govt area of the state cos olushola oke is from there. Majority has spoken and chose their governor and let them move on. Anyone that goes to court is just going there to waste man hour and money
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by generalJumong1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
mr akere u av nt realised dat acn is drowning in a shark infected water.i can bet it the second term of mr ajimobi wld be his sitting room.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by DAMIGHT(m): 5:32am On Oct 24, 2012
DAMIGHT: Stupidity is wen u ar trying to upproot IROKO tree with BROOM....immagine!!!
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by sucnif(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2012
Akeredolu, should shut his mouth & if he is not satisfied with the result he should go & hug the nearest transformer. ACN my foot.
Re: Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu by Akolawole(m): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=sammy329 A person contesting as a governor that could not win his polling unit and local government[/quote]

In 1999, OBJ lost his polling booth and every single state in yorubaland YET he was elected.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Wanted One Nigeria Before He Change His Mind / See How Nigeria Will Be Like If Made An Islamic State / EFCC Quizzes Kwara Govt, State Assembly Officials Over Suspicious Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.