Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems (4543 Views)

Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology / FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by donbuchi1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Goal-line technology is due to be used for the first time in December at the Fifa Club World Cup.

But both systems will still need to pass one final hurdle before they can be used in that competition, where Champions League winners Chelsea have been given a bye to the semi-finals.

"Once a system has been installed in a stadium, the system undergoes a final inspection to check its functionality" said the spokesman for Fifa.

"This is carried out by an independent test institute, and the results of this so-called 'final installation test' must be successful.

"Only a positive final installation test qualifies a system to be used in official matches."

Goal-line technology was adopted into football's rule-book in July this year by the game's law-makers, the International Football Association Board (IFAB).

Two goal-line technology systems have been licensed for worldwide use by Fifa, football's world governing body.

The approval means that Hawkeye and GoalRef can now provide their products to leagues and competitions.

"This milestone means that the companies now have authorisation to install their technology systems worldwide" said a Fifa spokesman.

How does Hawk-Eye work?
Hawk-Eye's system works by using six cameras, focusing on each goal, to track the ball on the pitch.

The system's software then uses "triangulation" to pinpoint the exact location of the ball.

If it crosses the goal-line an encrypted radio signal is sent to the referee's wristwatch to indicate a goal has been scored.

In line with Fifa's requirements, the whole process takes less than a second to complete.

How does GoalRef work?
GoalRef uses a microchip implanted in the ball and the use of low magnetic waves around the goal.

The system then detects any change in the magnetic field on or behind the goal-line to determine if a goal has been scored.

The process takes less than one second, with the result electronically relayed to the referee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20040048

1 Like

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Destindave(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2012
I prefer hawk_eye

1 Like

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by ZURYZEST(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2012
THIS WILL BE A GREAT IMPROVMENT TO THE SPORT, IF IT SUCCEED THERE WILL BE LESS STRESS ON THE REF
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by pastormustwacc: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2012
I prefer Eagle-Eye
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by pastormustwacc: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2012
ZURYZEST: THIS WILL BE A GREAT IMPROVMENT TO THE SPORT, IF IT SUCCEED THERE WILL BE LESS STRESS ON THE REF
And fake goals will be discredited too.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by virginvampire(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Why should u implant a chip inside a ball? Weird

2 Likes

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2012
The slowpoke organization is doing what it should have done years ago.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by dareyking(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2012
G

2 Likes

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by megxo(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2012
howard web n co.>>>>>>>>>>>>, be warned!!
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by mkmyers45(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Not Bad..but Hawk Eye woulda been cooler
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Kk4(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2012
ilove technology
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2012
Rubbish...

I hate goal-line technology and wish it sudden death.. angry

It would kill the fun in football..

Why not simply replace the centre referee with an electronic board over the pitch thats clearly visible.. It will make a loud audible sound for fouls, show the players name and color of card in cases were a card is issued, would have a screen attached to replay an offence to the player on the spot and can show you why it called corner-kick or a throwing for that play that the normal eye missed..

Leave football in its natural state and lets us enjoy the game.. Bad referee calls are also part of the fun..

2 Likes

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by folahann(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2012
What of technology that will determine penalties, diving, red card offences and so on. We need to rescue EPL from Howard Webb

2 Likes

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Ignatio(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2012
And if the machine defaults during an important match...wahala go dey o.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by princeFAD: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
good for the sport
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by princeFAD: 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Rubbish...

I hate goal-line technology and wish it sudden death.. angry

It would kill the fun in football..

Why not simply replace the centre referee with an electronic board over the pitch thats clearly visible.. It will make a loud audible sound for fouls, show the players name and color of card in cases were a card is issued, would have a screen attached to replay an offence to the player on the spot and can show you why it called corner-kick or a throwing for that play that the normal eye missed..

Leave football in its natural state and lets us enjoy the game.. Bad referee calls are also part of the fun..

Did you think b4 u wrote this?I will assume u were dozing while writing it.
Do you knwo the purpose of the technology and where it applies?Denying clean goal scored is what u call fun in football?Do you know that the technology is always applicable within the goal post and only to goals?Do you watch lawn tennis?has the video replay being used to ascertain wether ball is out or not killed the fun in tennis?do you watch hockey?has the tecnology used in hockey killed the fun in hockey?
So you call cheating a fun?or do you just write just for the sake of commenting?

3 Likes

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by solomon111(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
Howard webb needs to be prosecuted for match fixing.
That is only when justice will have been done.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
which Nigeria scientist don discover ...? All science and technology graduate in this country are waste of resources
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by uceee(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
I think Hawk eye is much better. No need implanting chips in the ball.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by uceee(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
free2ryhme: which Nigeria scientist don discover ...? All science and technology graduate in this country are waste of resources
Try a little research before you say anything you like. Nairaland is not the only site on the web. You could research on google, wikipedia etc. Nairaland Graduate.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by mikeab4real(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
ya, technology is gud but it also has its consequences. no matter how sophisticated a system is, human intervention is not completely erased. hope these human errors wud be corrected if the system is manipulated wrongly.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Patdedon(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
prince FAD:

Do you knwo the purpose of the technology and where it applies?Denying clean goal scored is what u call fun in football?Do you know that the technology is always applicable within the goal post and only to goals?Do you watch lawn tennis?has the video replay being used to ascertain wether ball is out or not killed the fun in tennis?do you watch hockey?has the tecnology used in hockey killed the fun in hockey?
So you call cheating a fun?or do you just write just for the sake of commenting?
"Controversy is part of the game" - Sepp Blatter (FIFA president)
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
Kudos to FIFA. At least, this will end the controversies of 'ghost goals'. I hope CAF will use goal-line tech at the Nations Cup, because there is still time to install either system in the 5 stadia that will be used for the tournament.
FIFA should also introduce the 6-man officiating system currently used by UEFA in both the Champions League and Europa League, for the next World Cup. This would also minimise controversial calls during a game.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Okijajuju1(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
prince FAD:

Who is this balls sack?!

In the African Cup of Nations tie between Nigeria vs. Cameroon, Victor Ikpebas penalty kick that hit the crossbar, fell just behind the line, back up the crossbar and out, was not given..

That match cost us the African cup of nations..

The referee in that match wasnt biased, wasnt partial and wasnt trying to favor the Cameroonians, he simply didnt see the ball cross that line.. Thats just what it is.. FOOTBALL!!

I watch that match and wonder what could have been, but I wouldnt alter a thing in that match if I could go back in time.. Thats just what soccer is all about..

This reaction cost us that goal..

Dont you ever talk to me like that again... angry

Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by purplekayc(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ last ,,,,, cheesy
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by executinal(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Who is this balls sack?!

In the African Cup of Nations tie between Nigeria vs. Cameroon, Victor Ikpebas penalty kick that hit the crossbar, fell just behind the line, back up the crossbar and out, was not given..

The referee in that match wasnt biased, wasnt partial and wasnt trying to favor the Cameroonians, he simply didnt see the ball cross that line.. Thats just what it is.. FOOTBALL!!

I watch that match and wonder what could have been, but I wouldnt alter a thing in that match if I could go back in time.. Thats just what soccer is all about..

You dey vex bro grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by Sadmin(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dis is a great improvement in d world of football and sport generaly, to reduce d work of referees and reduce referee mistakes on d pitch. So i prefer "HAWK EYE'S SYSTEM" uses of six camaras on d pitch.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by nikaleyot: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
free2ryhme: which Nigeria scientist don discover ...? All science and technology graduate in this country are waste of resources
pls do you research before making foolish comments .
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by princeFAD: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Who is this balls sack?!

O boy,the thing vex u well well o.Did u notice that u are only one that is against this development in football out of all the people that comment,Though some have argurement agaisnt it but it is still better of.This is technology advancement in football bro.

Abeg sorry no vex for me o.make u no use ur okija juju against me.bros eee I loyal o.But to be sincere there are more positive sides to the technology than the negative one.It wouldnt remove any fun from it but rather remove goal cheating.
Re: Fifa Authorises Two Goal-line Technology Systems by easysan: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
Anoda technology is needed in d area of off side goals.because is usually painful wen it happens

(1) (Reply)

Best European Country For An African To Start A Football Career? / How Can I Stop Playing Virtual Soccer / Enyeama's Future To Be Decided By NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.