Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos (13842 Views)

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS] / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / Bus Drivers And Conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges From Jan 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Ikengawo: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
Commercial bus drivers and conductors will begin to wear uniforms and badges as from January 2013, says the Lagos State Government.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-SNb_LPNs22Q/UIaePOY-BgI/AAAAAAAAnMQ/_68X1Y0iQNc/s1600/Lagos+Danfo.jpg[/img]

Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa disclosed this at the weekend at a sensitisation programme for transporters on the new Road Traffic Law at the Adeyemi Bero Auditorium, Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.

According to Opeifa, from 1 January, all commercial bus drivers and conductors would begin to wear uniforms and badges in line with the provision of the traffic law.

He explained that the state government wants to sanitise commercial road transportation in the state so that operators in the sector could be proud of their job while quacks would be eliminated.

The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye, declared that the state Road Traffic Law was not intended to be another source of revenue generation for the state government, stressing that the law was rather enacted for public good and to protect the interest of the citizens.

Ipaye stated that the penalties for road traffic offences were to serve as a deterrent to road traffic offenders thereby guaranteeing safety on the roads. He called on law enforcement agents to always seek how they could assist road users to comply with traffic rules rather than focusing on arresting of people on flimsy excuses.

The commissioner enjoined members of the public who were aggrieved by their arrest and penalties imposed on them on account of traffic offences could approach the Office of Public Defender which would defend them free of charge.

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Lateef Ibirogba urged them to first comply with the law, insisting that in any civilised society there must be rules and regulations which must be obeyed for there to be peace and order.

Special Adviser to the State Governor on Political and Legislative Powers, Muslim Folami, stated that the sensitization programme was aimed at educating members of the road transport unions on their rights and obligations under the road traffic law so as to facilitate compliance to the law.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/23/traffic-law-bus-drivers-conductors-to-wear-uniforms-from-january/

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by honeric01(m): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
THANK GOD O

Now it's making more sense. cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Corporate Agberoism in the making grin

4 Likes

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Eneze1(f): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
very funny
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Foxybone(m): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Fourth.... Lol grin grin grin grin

I still try pass some people sha wey no even get 1st 5 position. grin grin grin grin

Back to the topic....

If it has to do with Lagos and Fashola, then I have nothing to say... Period angry angry angry

But on a lighter note.... I came fourth grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by danjkad: 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin ;DThis is so funny. It's good sha.
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Guapo(m): 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
died of laughter
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Mcleo007(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nice and commendable enforcement by the state govt. Its high time some level of decorum sets in with the level of gradation in that sector of the state living.
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by feelamong(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Interesting!!!

Will very much like to see how Egbon Jamiu will look on uniform after smoking Igboo and drinking shepe/paraga undecided

Na only Uniform and badge? Make them also ask them to wear tie too o!!

BTW it will make our Bus parks look more colorful!grin

6 Likes

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by mrjangola(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Guapo: died of laughter
grin grin grin grin grin

u w b buried with crying.
olodo

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
HaHa!
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Unless the wearing of uniforms will magically change their attitude and make them drive/behave better, I really don't see the point.

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Super1759: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
Legalised Criminalism/Agberoism Department(LCAD) grin grin grin
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Ariyke: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hehe grin
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by pheesayor(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
He called on law enforcement agents to always seek how they could assist road users to comply with traffic rules rather than focusing on arresting of people on flimsy excuses.
this man sabi lastma wella, I hope they listen though

The commissioner enjoined members of the public who were aggrieved by their arrest and penalties imposed on them on account of traffic offences could approach the Office of Public Defender which would defend them free of charge

I guess most people don't even know about this but ignorantly cry foul anytime they are arrested for offences
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by packman: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
[size=15pt]GOD TO ME THIS IS THE MOST JOBLESS AND MOST ANNOYING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM THIS ANNOYING ACN GORVNMMENT WHAT RUUBISH ARE THIS THE MOST IMMIDAITE THINGS OFF THE GOVERNOR SLEEVES

FASHOLA IS ONLY SHOWING SIGNS WE ALL KNEW WOULD COME OUT OF IS SECOND TERM....
VERY SOON HE WOULD ASK DEM TO WHERE BOTH STOCKINGS AND SANDAL...

WHAT AN AIMLESS GOVERNOR ANY WHERE BELLE FACE NA THERE HIM LEG DEY RUBBISH [/size]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
and we can be sure that those uniforms will only be washed once a week if ever at all. they should add neatness inspection too

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by omiobo: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin;. Laff wan kill me. That uniform go smell wella.

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nigerians and Nairalanders wont kill person with lafter oh . . .
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by 2mch(m): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one. Now all conductors should be barred from running after a moving danfo, or jumping off a moving danfo. grin cheesy
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by buchibabe: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm! Business boom for tailors
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Taiwo20(m): 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
This fashola guy sef.
What if na person lyk me wey no like uniform or and co.
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
packman: [size=15pt]GOD TO ME THIS IS THE MOST JOBLESS AND MOST ANNOYING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM THIS ANNOYING ACN GORVNMMENT WHAT RUUBISH ARE THIS THE MOST IMMIDAITE THINGS OFF THE GOVERNOR SLEEVES

WHAT AN AIMLESS GOVERNOR ANY WHERE BELLE FACE NA THERE HIM LEG DEY RUBBISH [/size]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I beggy now, i no wan laff too much . . . cool
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by ayee001: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Will change of uniform change these guys character. They are just pathetic.
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Taiwo20(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
2mch: grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one. Now all conductors should be barred from running after a moving danfo, or jumping off a moving danfo. grin cheesy

Ehen! Ehen!
No their life,what consign u. Even in the U.....
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Special Adviser to the State Governor on Political and Legislative Powers, Muslim Folami, stated that the [size=13pt]sensitization programme[/size] was aimed at educating members of the road transport unions on their rights and obligations under the road traffic law so as to facilitate compliance to the law.

The Lagos State Govt. dey do sensitization now ooo!!!!

When they start arresting defaulters, some folks will start crying.....

Ok Na...

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
packman: [size=15pt]GOD TO ME THIS IS THE MOST JOBLESS AND MOST ANNOYING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM THIS ANNOYING ACN GORVNMMENT WHAT RUUBISH ARE THIS THE MOST IMMIDAITE THINGS OFF THE GOVERNOR SLEEVES

smh. whats wrong with wearing uniforms now? tell me? what is wrong with it? doesn't it give a sense of order and meaning to what they are doing. think about it. what do some companies require uniforms? why do schools require uniforms too. what is a uniform sef? maybe you should start by understanding what a uniform is and the reason groups require it. petit à petit, l'oiseua fait son nid. the only problem is see with this is that the uniforms will be dirty but then if they can successfully carry out uniform inspections, then no probs! na wa o. when we wan move forward and develop the country, some pple go dey hold us back dey talk say somethings no necessary. wont we start from somewhere ni? o ga o. i just tire.

Think about it too now. There are some positive effects of wearing a uniform. I cant even start sef. I just frustrate.

9 Likes

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by fizeul(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
I don get 6 packs from laughing on the forum.. Lol
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Jimatex(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
ok nah

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
I hope the law has a Washing and neatness clause Attached..

Now wey them get liberty to change cloth as them like, them dey smell like rat, talkless of when they must wear the same cloth everyday..

1 Like

Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Kassidy90(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Why not fix all d roads first? Misplaced priority......soon nw evry1 wuld b putting on uniform to differentiate people from different town or neighbourhood...
Re: Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Kassidy90: Why not fix all d roads first? Misplaced priority......soon nw evry1 wuld b putting on uniform to differentiate people from different town or neighbourhood...

are they not fixing the roads? or are you trying to tell me that they havent fixed any roads at all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Common Car Problems And How To Rectify Them / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Struggles When Going Uphill / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.