Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire (17214 Views)

Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively / EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million / Gunmen Kidnap American Woman In Kogi (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Horus(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121023/yarahmad20121023132509087.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]Ku Klux Klan sets Afro-American woman on fire[/size]

Ku Klux Klan has set an Afro-American woman on fire in yet another act of racism.

The 20-year-old woman has received third degree burns after being set on fire by alleged KKK attackers in a park in the state of Louisiana.

The incident occurred on Sunday night in Civitan Park in the city of Winnsboro as three men attacked Sharmeka Moffitt while she was exercising.

The victim said the men in white hoodies poured flammable liquid on her and set her on fire. She managed, however, to extinguish the fire using water from a tap before police arrived at the scene.

Moffitt was found with third degree burns on her arms and additional burns down her chest and legs to the first degree. She is reportedly in critical condition at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.

The FBI is investigating the attack as an alleged hate crime.

The hood of her car was spray painted with the letters KKK, the abbreviation for Ku Klux Klan, a far-right extremist organization in the US advocating white supremacy, white nationalism and the end of immigration.

During the US civil rights movements in the 1950s and 1960s, the KKK violently opposed the movement and desegregation by bombing African American schools and churches and killing African-Americans and civil rights activists.

Source: http://presstv.com/detail/2012/10/23/268342/us-woman-set-on-fire-by-alleged-racists/
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 24, 2012
grin 1st
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 24, 2012
Christian extremists smh!!

Black man, you're on your own - Arabs don't like you, and white people are just tolerating you for now... However, you're stuck on stupid - kissing their ar.ses, imitating them, and worshipping their gods smh...

25 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by adieora(f): 1:15am On Oct 24, 2012
grin
smackimorn: grin 1st

Lol.isi azu. grin

1 Like

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by lepasharon(f): 1:17am On Oct 24, 2012
cant beleive this still happening in this day and age! undecided
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by acidtalk: 1:18am On Oct 24, 2012

Take N5 join go use am buy buns.

Mumu pikin.

20 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Ndoz(m): 1:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Otu ochaa grin
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by VirginFinder: 1:25am On Oct 24, 2012
shymexx: Christian extremists smh!!

Black man, you're on your own - Arabs don't like you, and white people are just tolerating you for now... However, you're stuck on stupid - kissing their ar.ses, imitating them, and worshipping their gods smh...

Please accept Jesus Christ and not any white man's religion.

Time is passing fast.Tomorrow might just be too late.

One love bro.

30 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by UmericanGirl(f): 1:26am On Oct 24, 2012
I guess I will never understand some people

ETA: "Police have announced that they believe a Winnsboro woman fabricated a story about being attacked and burned Sunday night at Civitan Park in Winnsboro by three men who wrote 'KKK' on the hood of her car."

1 Like

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Drunk: 1:26am On Oct 24, 2012
Isi mmbe...
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 24, 2012
#kai.... And to think dat the american president is black....
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by UmericanGirl(f): 1:27am On Oct 24, 2012
deejay_harry1: #kai.... And to think dat the american president is black....

And to think.. a lot of people voted for him simply for that fact.

5 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nebeuwa(m): 1:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Seems like she was lying. undecided
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by mallorca(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2012
adieora: grin

Lol.isi azu. grin
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2012
Racism of the highest order.
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by seedord247(m): 1:41am On Oct 24, 2012
It happened in my city thou. grin
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Areaboy2(m): 1:47am On Oct 24, 2012
I don't know how many times I will stress this on NL. DO SOME RESEARCH ON POSTS . dont take everything you see

"A Louisiana woman who told police she was subjected to a racist attack in which three men set her alight and scrawled KKK on her car [size=14pt]was lying[/size], investigators have said.
"The wounds were self-inflicted," Kyle Hanrahan, a spokesman for the FBI's Louisiana bureau said.
Sharmeka Moffitt, 20, was seriously burned in the incident and remains in critical condition.
She called police from a park in the town of Winnsboro on Sunday night and told them three men in white hoodies doused her with a flammable liquid and ignited it.
The letters KKK, for the white supremacist organisation Ku Klux Klan, and a racial slur were scrawled on her car in what appeared to be toothpaste.
According to local media, investigators decided the burns were self-inflicted after finding Ms Moffitt's fingerprints on a cigarette lighters and lighter fluid.
Louisiana's KATC News reported her family had issued a statement saying: "Our family is devastated to learn the circumstances surrounding our daughter's injuries.
"While this was not the resolution we had expected, it is a resolution, and we appreciate the thorough investigation by the local and state police as well as federal agencies.. .."

Get the complete story here

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/woman-set-herself-fire-staged-kkk-attack-224411299.html

4 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by sindyko(m): 1:49am On Oct 24, 2012
Persecution, racial and segregation.
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Areaboy2(m): 1:54am On Oct 24, 2012
[size=15pt]She is obviously mentally unstable cos I'm not sure if her intention is to give the clan a bad name? or some sort of a practical joke? undecided
I think they have the worst reputation already, why harm yourself to tell the world what we already know? [/size]
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Horus(m): 2:00am On Oct 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNP0RGfxZ6Q

[size=18pt]Ku Klux Klan sets Afro-American woman on fire[/size]
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Horus(m): 2:07am On Oct 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcabHQetxUU

[size=19pt]Ku Klux Klan has set an Afro-American woman on fire in yet another act of racism.[/size]
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Areaboy2(m): 2:08am On Oct 24, 2012
Horus, enough of that nonsense! she was lying

HABA!! why you carry am for head? undecided
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Horus(m): 2:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Area_boy: Horus, enough of that nonsense! she was lying

HABA!! why you carry am for head? undecided

Tell that to the tv medias who are brodcasting the news not me.

1 Like

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Finland(m): 2:17am On Oct 24, 2012
Area_boy: [size=15pt]She is obviously mentally unstable cos I'm not sure if her intention is to give the clan a bad name? [/size]
Is there name Good before? or do they stand for anything good? SMH

2 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 24, 2012
shymexx: Christian extremists smh!!

Another senseless post..... You can't use a handful of minority(KKK), to judge a whole race.....

Hate is everywhere irrespective of colour... The Allu people that burnt student alive, are they not black people like you? Because Allu people burnt some student alive, is it now right for me to conclude that people from Rivers State are evil?

Just as there are KKKs(senseless thugs), there are other white people that have dedicated their lives towards making humanity better......

So Shymexx, try to think before you jump to conclusion.

11 Likes

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Areaboy2(m): 2:38am On Oct 24, 2012
Finland:

why are you quoting me out of context? Please make that quote again and include everything I said undecided

1 Like

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Areaboy2(m): 2:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Horus:

Tell that to the tv medias who are brodcasting the news not me.

you are the one searching old videos on youtube.. not the media giving it to you. Please update yourself on the current story regarding that woman and stop misleading people

1 Like

Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by BlueMagic2(m): 2:50am On Oct 24, 2012
The woman faked the hate crime. Nobody attacked her. Louisiana is predominantly black. Get ur facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 24, 2012
lepasharon: cant beleive this still happening in this day and age! undecided

you kidding me?
the year doesn't mean a damn thing.

this will never change.
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 24, 2012
Area_boy: I don't know how many times I will stress this on NL. DO SOME RESEARCH ON POSTS . dont take everything you see

"A Louisiana woman who told police she was subjected to a racist attack in which three men set her alight and scrawled KKK on her car [size=14pt]was lying[/size], investigators have said.
"The wounds were self-inflicted," Kyle Hanrahan, a spokesman for the FBI's Louisiana bureau said.
Sharmeka Moffitt, 20, was seriously burned in the incident and remains in critical condition.
She called police from a park in the town of Winnsboro on Sunday night and told them three men in white hoodies doused her with a flammable liquid and ignited it.
The letters KKK, for the white supremacist organisation Ku Klux Klan, and a racial slur were scrawled on her car in what appeared to be toothpaste.
According to local media, investigators decided the burns were self-inflicted after finding Ms Moffitt's fingerprints on a cigarette lighters and lighter fluid.
Louisiana's KATC News reported her family had issued a statement saying: "Our family is devastated to learn the circumstances surrounding our daughter's injuries.
"While this was not the resolution we had expected, it is a resolution, and we appreciate the thorough investigation by the local and state police as well as federal agencies.. .."

Get the complete story here

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/woman-set-herself-fire-staged-kkk-attack-224411299.html

*edited* i just saw that ^^^^
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by eghost247(m): 3:01am On Oct 24, 2012
this is sad
Re: KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 24, 2012
Finland:

lol IKR!!

Some folks never cease to amaze me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Molest Daughters, 15-month-old Granddaughter / Man Sells Son For N150, 000 In Cross River (PHOTO) / Gas Explosion In Ilorin Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.