Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism (17213 Views)

Eiye Cult Leader Killed In Ipaja Cultism Clash - Graphic Photos / Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) / 14 JSS Students Arrested For Cultism In Edo(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:34pm On May 19, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/benin-police-arrest-14-jss-students-for-alleged-cultism/
The police in Edo State have arrested 14 Junior Secondary School students over their alleged involvement in cult-related activities in Benin, the state capital.
It was learnt that the students, aged between 12 and 15, were nabbed when a crack team of policemen stormed Oguola Secondary School at Saint Saviour in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of the state last Thursday.
No fewer then 56 persons had been arrested by the Nigeria Police for cult-related activities ‎in the state.
According to a source in the school, eight of the suspects were apprehended at flash spots within the school compound.

Their arrest, it was learnt, had prompted the police to conduct a search on some students in the classrooms, where items believed to be emblems of notorious cult groups were recovered from them.

It was also learnt that reports made against the students by some parents may have been responsible for the arrest.
However, the Principal of school has appealed to the police command to release those found to be innocent at the end of their investigations.
Efforts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Stephen Onwochei, ‎on the arrest were unsuccessful.
It was, however, learnt that 14 suspects were undergoing questioning at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Benin.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:35pm On May 19, 2015
There is seriously a load of obligations at stake as a parent.

I visited an old friend who happens to be the proprietor of a primary school somewhere in Lagos one day and the atmosphere there wasn't nice at all. The kids didn't give me a nice reception and when they all gathered together and started gossiping into one another ears staring at me at the same time, I knew something was terribly wrong. I knew it was time to leave and fast.

3 Likes

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 19, 2015
This is getting too much for dis state o, those kids don graduate already na grin , person papa got school na hiim dem be
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
i have notin to say for now
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
Cultism A Way Of Living In Benin, from witchcraft to cultcraft..

*dodgingbottlesandstones*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by tobtap: 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
hmmm
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by naijaboiy: 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
Well they have to be doing something against the Law for their arrest to be warranted.

Sadly there is no Law against cultism yet.

And they are also under aged to serve jail terms. So they'll definitely be released and the parents will be advised to watch them carefully.

The school may probably expel them.

Cultism in benin city is more than the four walls of the UNIVERSITY there. It's in every street and town.

So i'm not surprised. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Rounakid(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
Choi...! End time... Jss...? Smhw...

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Helkayklassic(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
And people will be complaining that the cultist activities in Uniben and Ekpoma is too much, what do u expect? when they started at the age of 14 by the time they gain admission, they are veteran already.

7 Likes

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
Seriously What nonsense?? Abasa ati iranu
This Benin is endemic with cultism

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by ramdris(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
Sine when Benin became a haven for cultist na? 14 years kwanu!
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by braine(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
Edo and cultism! It was on here sometime ago about some burying their guys. Na wah.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by omanifrank(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
wat
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by naijaboiy: 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
ramdris:
Sine when Benin became a haven for cultist na? 14 years kwanu!
Didn't start today.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Rounakid(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
Anyway... Would... Luv... To see dia pinshure... Or... . . . . . . . Adonbilivit... cheesy
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by thefakestan: 4:52pm On May 19, 2015
The war against cultism must be fought without fear or favour.

ThefakeStan
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by phlio(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2015
train up a child the way he should so will not depart from it.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by JingoOAU(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2015
They should give all the cultists in Nigeria Amnesty and even establish Ministry of cultism in Nigeria so as to cater for the cultists who has repented

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by free2ryhme: 4:53pm On May 19, 2015
Parents who should be held responsible for the upbringing of their children will open their mouth and say it's GEJ that caused it....

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by phlio(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2015
train up a child the way he should so he will not depart from it.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by stepo707: 4:54pm On May 19, 2015
this days even primary school students have formed/joined cult
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by 190theclown: 4:56pm On May 19, 2015
Theres a war going on in benin and people are dying while their governor mount ontop woman de enjoy fresh abuna

cant you'all see that Nigeria as a whole is finished

Since the cult wars has the governor done anything about it or even spoken about it on air

Im guessing NO!!

Nothing seems to be working undecided

well na them sabi

each to their own
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Rick9(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2015
Benin City how I hate this fucking town, I wonder how I got here in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by vincent72: 4:57pm On May 19, 2015
I think the new IG, will do a good job, is a new beginning, this should not be limited to benin, they should spread to other states, and universities.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Warns Residents On New Tactics Of Robbers / A Thief Explains How He Steals People's Valuables In Benin Clubs (Video) / Sergeant Collins Akpugo Declared Wanted By Abia Police Over Death Of 21-year-old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.