Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively (46388 Views)

"Firstson Kings Is Yahoo Boy, Used Blood Of Virgins" - Nwachukwu Jennifer Nazzy / Yahoo Boy Who Defrauded Swizz Woman On ‘Badoo’, Arrested. Photo / Man Wheeling Corpse Of A Nigerian Woman On Trolley In New York Arrested (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by missross(f): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. —A woman has been arrested in a massive shoplifting case after police said they caught her with nearly $2,000 worth of clothes and accessories.

Jennifer Akudihor, who is visiting from Nigeria, had two toddlers and an infant along with her, police said. Police said she was hiding the 66 items in shopping bags and inside the stroller she was pushing through Macy's at Oak Park Mall.

Investigators didn’t say whether the stolen items were for Akudihor or the children.

She has been charged with felony theft and ordered to hand over her passport. Akudihor was in court Wednesday and her bail was set at $2,500.

Akudihor was apologetic during her first court appearance, and officers said she acted the same way when she was detained Tuesday afternoon.

“The officer in the report said that she was very apologetic and remorseful, and that does go a long way, and he put that in the report, so I think it does help in this situation,” said Sgt. Gary Mason of the Overland Park Police Department. “Everybody has a story. There’s always a lot of reasons why people do this, and it’s not for us to decide. It’s up to the courts and the judge to look at her case.”

Police said the number of items and their overall value makes this a significant case.

Mason said he's not sure what motivated the thefts and whether the items were taken simply because Akudihor didn't have money to pay for them.

"This certainly isn't the way to go about it. Now she's going to have some legal problems that she's going to have to deal with," he said.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/woman-charged-with-felony-theft-in-shoplifting-case/34679280

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by christinie(f): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is quite shameful.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by madridguy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
This woman has fallen our hand in the eye of the mumu white poeple that they are yet to see any good thing from the motherland. Jennifer Akudihor remind me of the former Senegalese footballer " Khalilou Fadiga " who went to Korea/Japan 2002 world cup to disgrace Africa as a whole.

God will help you madam and I pray your children forgive you for this act.

41 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by jamex93(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Oyinbo ppl papa

Make dem free ha jor

Must dey expose everything. African person do ni

but she too f up sha

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by dhardline(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
If the begging formular is applied in Nigeria trust me nobody will spend more than a week in jail cause a typical Nigerian knows how to beg and blame the devil when caught in the act.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
There is more to this story sad
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by okooloyun1(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2015
She dey go shoplift she think sey na aba market where nobody go see her.

10 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by curiouses: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2015
I've been infected with name checking disease.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by omisakint: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2015
I didn't come to check name o

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Icon4s(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2015
Name check, Name check. Ethnicity loading............ grin

Agbonlahor, Edobor, Elohor, Isihor, hmmm Akudihor must be Edo then grin.

I cant believe I made the comment above. shocked
I too have been infected cry

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Hidentity(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
Again, I'll repeat this!

I think that I have observed this for quite a while and I think that it need be said.

I expressed my concern on why Nigerian youths remain leaders of tomorrow even till tomorrow to someone a few years back, and he suggested that I become a member of a few social media outfits. I did- Nairaland is one. He didn't say more, but I have seen more.

E-friends, it is easier to trap the water in an ocean in a glass cup than it is to see one reasonable comment on a page on Nairaland. Is it that hard to just ignore a topic if one has nothing intellectually benefiting or wise to say than insult the feelings of a tribe, religion or sex?

Look at it from here, a lot of unemployed youths are here lamenting and the story continues year in and out. If you were an employer, are you likely to take someone on a forum like this serious to conduct the affairs of your business or firm? These things matter, but it seems we either don't know or we just deny that we don't. There are people of incredible and distinguished personalities here, but with these comments fanning the embers of ethnic war, can youths like us be left with sensitive issues like nation building?

We can't lament that we are being sidelined when we lack the diplomatic tact and mental credential to make a simple remarkable comment. Insult me for this, I don't care- people take to insult when they are short of logic. But it is saddening that these e-children of ethnic war are thought to mirror the rest of us who are not in the bandwagon of victims of social, moral and intellectual decadence.

I expected that Seun or the mods would fashion out a way to halt this madness. The truth is that not paying attention to little details has led to several wars and disasters. If this trend of singling out an ethnic group as criminals, rapists or ritualists subsists, we all may not be able to tell the story of the consequences. We can choose our actions, but we cannot choose the consequences, why don't you just keep quiet or type something worthwhile?

I am a proud Yoruba and a Christain, but I know that in my formation process, I became human first before becoming a Yoruba or a Christian and as long as the next person is human, I should be fair to him. Why can't we just live and let live? The leaders of tomorrow are just more terrible than the ones of today.

If an Igbo person is caught for doing drugs, it is not because he is Igbo- it is because of the inherent criminal nature in every human which he didn't curb. If one Hausa man is caught for terrorism, it is not because Hausa people are terrorists, it is because of the inhumane part of every human he did not restrict. If a Yoruba man is caught for raping, it does not make Yoruba people rapists, it is because that particular Yoruba man failed to control the animal instinct in him. Committing crime is never an identity of any tribe or ethnic group because speaking English does not make one a Briton.

The future awaits us- we cannot succeed in giving it the best with the way we reason, comment and react here.

Thanks

207 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
When you are A Black male...The Mall police are your Fans...

Now this woman wants our Black Ladies to share in the publicity and she doesn't even live in the States. undecided

#AFRICAN AMERICAN problems

5 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by datagigilo: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
Ole
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by free2ryhme: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
cry
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by kennyman2000(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
I didn't come here to Check Her Name or the Region She's from... Cos I already knew... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by ijustdey: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
oh mah goshshockedshocked

Jennifer Akudihor, who is visiting from Nigeria, had two toddlers and an infant along with her, police said. Police said she was hiding the 66
items in shopping bags and inside the stroller she
was pushing through Macy's at Oak Park Mall.

this is just bad when a mother goes stealing with toddlers
what is she impacting on those poor little kids
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by MadCow1: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Akudihor

Sounds Benin in Origin.. grin

Odua people will not be pleased. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by free2ryhme: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by NwaNimo1(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Just checking the name . .. to see if its part of the Igbo witchhunt

6 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by initialize(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by LastSurvivor: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
She's a disgrace to womanhood and to mother Africa..
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by femo86(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Watching closely......
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by PStacks(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Another sad one for Nigeria..
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by freecocoa(f): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
So you people can leave the face of a thief but will hide that of a r*pist, una do well o.

Na wa for this fine woman sha, that's just too bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by chukwukamma(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
did she forgot there are cameras

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Pritibox: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Not funny.

Why she go thief na?

A mother for hat matter.
Later, she'll be telling her children that if it were back in the days, this thief wouldh have been given the beating of his life.

Mtcheew.

http://blog.pritibox.com
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by Rutycool(f): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by ElFenomeno1: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2015
jamex93:
Oyinbo ppl papa

Make dem free ha jor

Must dey expose everything. African person do ni

Idio..t
They should free a shoplifter because she is from Africa?
Fu..cking donut!

15 Likes

Re: Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively by adexsimply(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Akudihor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine / Bauchi: Man Rapes 9-Year-Old Girl At Knife Point Inside Her Mum's Bedroom / Hardworking Teen Loses Her $37,000 Life Savings To A Scam - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.