Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr (3232 Views)

Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Car Jerks When Put In Gear / What To Do If You See A Pothole At 100km/hr Speed Or Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by faffing: 8:51am On Oct 24, 2012
Hello house, my toyota camry 1999 model sometimes jerks at speeds between 80-100km/hr. Pls note that this is different from the common steering vibration due to wheel issues. Any suggestions on the cause will be appreciated
Re: Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by temmydude: 11:14am On Oct 24, 2012
Firstly, i would advice you to do wheel balancing and alignment, and if the problem still persists then it's got to be that your fuel pump is trying to give way.

I had a similar experience with my Honda sometime in January this year, i did wheel balancing and alignment but to no avail and i just left the car that way. But when the car got me embarrassed at the filling station twice ( putting off the engine and having it take a while before it starts ), then i gunned for a new fuel pump and this did the magic. Getting the fuel pump changed, got the car back to its full form so much so that even when i go on 120-140 km/hr now, i experience no stalling nor jerking when i go beyond 80km/hr.

Keep having a safe ride!
Re: Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by faffing: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
Thanx Temmydude!
Re: Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by oribi(m): 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
The fuel pump wants to fail or d injector is stuck with little dirt...get an original bosch fuel pump if its the fuel pump and if its dirt go to total filling station and ask for their injector cleaner works like a charm...
Re: Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by wurdz: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
oribi: The fuel pump wants to fail or d injector is stuck with little dirt...get an original bosch fuel pump if its the fuel pump and if its dirt go to total filling station and ask for their injector cleaner works like a charm...
Which total filling station?
Re: Toyota Camry Jerks At 80-100km/hr by oribi(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2012
Any total filling station close to you..

(1) (Reply)

Rav4 Vs CRV / Please Can Old Members Vouch For This Guy? / You Have A Car For Sale Or Want To Buy From Someone , Come In..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.