Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames (8704 Views)

Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children / 13 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra State / 14 Suspected Kidnappers Killed In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Amalaaba: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2012
This is my take: I believe it is a failed kidnap attempt by the Chief. His driver was driving in the wrong direction, the victims raised an alarm and there was a struggle. The woman managed to escape. The Chief realising that the woman may go to the Police asked his driver to turn back towards the sport where the woman escaped. The Chief then encouraged the man to call the woman, not. Expecting vigilante group. This is my reconstruction of part of the eventy! What do you think?
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THESE MADE FRONT PAGE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A KIDNAP STORY AT ALL... BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC MODS! A GUY WAS COMPLAINING YESTERDAY OF HOW HIS POST OF "TWO YORUBA BOYS RAPPE A GIRL TO DEATH AND BURIES HER", NEVER MADE FRONT PAGE. YET THIS RUBBISH STORY MAKES FRONT PAGE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WORD "KIDNAP" AND BECAUSE IT INVOLVES THE TRIBE OF YOU ALL KNOW NA. ANYWAYS, GOD IS WATCHING Y'ALL ON "AFRICAN MAGIC"!

You are right my brother! The name of the person who broke into a shop was withheld. Nairaland is targetting a particular tribe.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by sureboykris(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2012
Instead of trading words let's pause n analyze this story. How can A̶̲̥̅ woman who is supposed to be A̶̲̥̅ kidnap victim,Jump out of A̶̲̥̅ vehicle,fall into A̶̲̥̅ swamp,pull off her clothes and still be hanging on to A̶̲̥̅ cell phone for d other kidnap victim who is still with his captors to be able to call d woman and tell her his EXACT location. This is just mere fiction
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
Amalaaba: This is my take: I believe it is a failed kidnap attempt by the Chief. His driver was driving in the wrong direction, the victims raised an alarm and there was a struggle. The woman managed to escape. The Chief realising that the woman may go to the Police asked his driver to turn back towards the sport where the woman escaped. The Chief then encouraged the man to call the woman, not. Expecting vigilante group. This is my reconstruction of part of the eventy! What do you think?

There is more to this story. Kidnaping two full grown adult withou a gun, never drugged them. One man facing two adult cos the driver was busy driving. You guys
Should let reason prevail in this matter. Igbos should learn to know that Nairaland is here to rubbish their tribe.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
Amalaaba: This is my take: I believe it is a failed kidnap attempt by the Chief. His driver was driving in the wrong direction, the victims raised an alarm and there was a struggle. The woman managed to escape. The Chief realising that the woman may go to the Police asked his driver to turn back towards the sport where the woman escaped. The Chief then encouraged the man to call the woman, not. Expecting vigilante group. This is my reconstruction of part of the eventy! What do you think?

I think that is what probably happened if we look at it intelligently.

But dont also forget that those people accusing them were drunk during that epeisode.

With this the truth can easily be swept under the carpet.

If only they were really clear headed when all these happened then...
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Ariyke: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2012
virtuoso01: There is no serious evidence pointing to a kidnap or an attempted kidnap.

It is their word against his own.
Why offer bribe when he wasnt trying to kidnap them?
why take them to badagry expressway insead of their various destination?
Why cudnt they wait to rescue the woman whan she jumped out of the car when he was only trying to help? Common
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2012
i must confess this story is confusing,how many ppl struggled with the driver?was it the woman alone ?i think the key to solving this case will be the second victim account of wht happened
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Clairette(f): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=azimibraun]Another evidence of Nigerians bin overated as intelligent ppl... All involved in dis are alive yet u wll nt get a straight story...hw drunk wia dis 2? Owner of bar drunk.. Dos she sell alone in her joint, see d time o! Around 3 o clock, hw did she gt into the car, and hw ws the chief alone goin 2 handle dis 2 cos d driver wld b driving and hw did hee even knw dis 2 wll b dia up till dt time? When d woman jumped off what held d Man, and hw did she not lose her fone and in wht manner did d man call her and hw did he concince the chief 2 turn back and why dd d chief still went knwing a knwn person hd jumped off his car? Infact dey wia all drunk and are wasting ourtime. Eediots[/quote

Kisses for this logical expressions. U r a genius. U took d words from my mind. I naturally luv intelligent people. I wish d interrogators would read ur post
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by oladayo042: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2012
nikky341: this is how a vigilant group should operate, do citizen aresst and hand over to police.
Thank you, not the ALUU way where the vigilante becomes the juror.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Clairette(f): 8:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Sometime tells me that the so called chief is not innocent though I have no evidence against him.
WHY IS THE CHIEF OFFERING 300,000.00 NAIRA BRIBE OR ALAWI TO THE VIGILANTE PEOPLE IF HE IS INNOCENT AS HE CLAIMS?
Even if he is guilty, he will likely bribe his way out, after all, the police na our friend, NONSENSE

Do d have evidence of d bribery. Anyone can claim anything. 'Act
it, don't say it'
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by FASTLINK1: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2012
This post should be hidden cool
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by FASTLINK1: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2012
Hmm, something is just not adding up here. I think all of them were drunk then and the offering of bribe by the chief was simply to avoid the impending wahala. Moreover, it could be that both the chief and the purported second victim actually
came back to pick mama chichi. One thing remains clear, the three knew each other, hence the knowing of each other's phone number.

I could be wrong tho.

Cheers!
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Bright2(m): 9:01am On Oct 27, 2012
Men,leave alcohol alone & stay long! undecided
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2012
i think there is more to this story and the ssue is here is something between he three of them which they are not disclosing
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by playahP(m): 9:31am On Oct 27, 2012
The woman jumped outta the car and "took off her clothes to avoid recognition"??...... Since she was stark naked, where did the phone come from?? Okay maybe it rang out and she had to pick it up..... !! What are they doing so far away in badagry??... The chief's hhouse needs to be searched to clear all doubt that he aint a ritualist!
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by toney(m): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2012
Has it occure to anyone that there might be a THIRD DIMENSIONAL ANGEL to this story?
Like the PREDATORS SUDDENLY REALISING THEY ARE THE PREY?

What if the FOUR had actually set out to collaborate, say, a hineous crime (like human ritual) then suddenly Madam Chi and her friend realised they are the intended victims?

What am saying is, even after the escape she can only relate a (what should be a safe)version. Something to prove she was a victim while at same time exonorating her from any implicitive previous alliance (with the chief).

Usually it is only in such scenarios (as above) that u have mind boggling and confussing allegations and counter allegations.
But then also, the original vanguard reporter was not narative or even investigative enough in his report. Probarbly let useful clues out.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by FASTLINK1: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2012
onatisi: i think there is more to this story and the ssue is here is something between he three of them which they are not disclosing

Yes oh, to me, it was just a mere panic by mama chichi, and everybody knows how difficult it is some times to do a U- turn in an express way if you missed your route, you have to go all the way to the T-point.

I wish the source would be kind enough to do a follow up on this story for us.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2012
FAST-LINK:

Yes oh, to me, it was just a mere panic by mama chichi, and everybody knows how difficult it is some times to do a U- turn in an express way if you missed your route, you have to go all the way to the T-point.

I wish the source would be kind enough to do a follow up on this story for us.
even that mama chichi story is shady ,she entered a car with three men at 3am in the morning , she was drunk ,she fell unconscious , realized they were on the way to badagry ,the question here is wen she wok up was the other victim man still sleeping or was he awake?when she started struggling with the driver did the other man joined too ?and when she jumped,why did she have to remove all her clothes?this is the funny aspect why did she pull off her clothes?she went inside a swamp at 3am in the morning?and all this time she still has her phone with her .

this is my own version or theory i may be wrong though , this madam chichi is a woman friend of one of the men ,they left the bar together hoping to go to the mans house for a good time , the man must have decided to share her with his friend and decided to take her to another place or house , waking up and sensing that she might have been lured into a trap she got out of the car , i believe he kidnap story is just to cover her adulterous character or affair with the man ,especially if she is married and have kids , the only way to prove where she was at that time of the night with 3men is to say she was kidnapped , the issue of the bribe been offered must have been done by the chief to make the whole thing die down especially if he too is married , this is just an assumption
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by baslone: 10:10am On Oct 27, 2012
Standing5: The duo of Emmanuel Onyeka, a trader and Mrs. Chichi Obiajulu, [/b]a beer parlor operator at Aguda, Surulere

However, the man at the center of the whole drama identified simply as Chief Ibekwe,
[b]Chief Ibekwe and driver

Something is shady, bthere are things they are not telling us.

I pronounce four of them guilty until proven innocent.

Their faces in the picture look guilty already sef!

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:13am On Oct 27, 2012
I think u are right one man can't kidnap 2 adults just like dat and we have not hear 4rm the oda victim's account of what happen I think they are drunk as u said and the woman nt being familiar with chief thought he has kidnap her and de oda man and for the oda man to call her shows dat he is nt in danger may be as u said they are afraid she may report 2 de police. I think the police shall investigate dis case very b4 an innocent person become victim of false alarm, make we remember Aluu4
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by tulk2mi: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2012
cheesy cheesy :DDis tori get as e be. but d one way hard 4 me to beleive pass na, d man offer a N300,000.00 bribe and it was REFUSED by VIGILANTE.
Pls na 4 winch contry e happen? 4 9JA? make una post d vigilate pishure and names, make we recomend dem 4 national award. ;DDis tori get as e be. but d one way hard 4 me to beleive pass na, d man offer a N300,000.00 bribe and it was REFUSED by VIGILANTE.
Pls na 4 winch contry e happen? 4 9JA? make una post d vigilate pishure and names, make we recomend dem 4 national award.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by hannydarl(f): 11:56am On Oct 27, 2012
Those of you saying a crime was not commited, I hope you will spend the rest of this year jumping from one rutual kidnapp attempt on you to another. And in the end of each one, people will come and call you a tribalist and say you cried wolf where there was non.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
hannydarl: Those of you saying a crime was not commited, I hope you will spend the rest of this year jumping from one rutual kidnapp attempt on you to another. And in the end of each one, people will come and call you a tribalist and say you cried wolf where there was non.

curses will not erase the loopholes in this story, most ppl here on this thread have been trying to piece it all together, but it all doesnt add up , if you have an idea or a better theory , lets have it
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by FASTLINK1: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
onatisi:
even that mama chichi story is shady ,she entered a car with three men at 3am in the morning , she was drunk ,she fell unconscious , realized they were on the way to badagry ,the question here is wen she wok up was the other victim man still sleeping or was he awake?when she started struggling with the driver did the other man joined too ?and when she jumped,why did she have to remove all her clothes?this is the funny aspect why did she pull off her clothes?she went inside a swamp at 3am in the morning?and all this time she still has her phone with her .

this is my own version or theory i may be wrong though , this madam chichi is a woman friend of one of the men ,they left the bar together hoping to go to the mans house for a good time , the man must have decided to share her with his friend and decided to take her to another place or house , waking up and sensing that she might have been lured into a trap she got out of the car , i believe he kidnap story is just to cover her adulterous character or affair with the man ,especially if she is married and have kids , the only way to prove where she was at that time of the night with 3men is to say she was kidnapped , the issue of the bribe been offered must have been done by the chief to make the whole thing die down especially if he too is married , this is just an assumption

lol, your post can't be far from the truth. was she wounded, NO, was any weapon found on the man,NO. I guess the publisher is up to no good, where is the other victim's account of the story?

And for the chief, he's intention was definitely not to kidnap or use them for ritual, maybe, he wanted to totori the woman cheesy but the whole thing backfired.

I sincerely pray that they all get out of it unharmed but that should serve them right.
keeping late night/irresponsibility is not something one should identify him/herself with.

cheers! cool
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Jaideyone(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THESE MADE FRONT PAGE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A KIDNAP STORY AT ALL... BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC MODS! A GUY WAS COMPLAINING YESTERDAY OF HOW HIS POST OF "TWO YORUBA BOYS RAPPE A GIRL TO DEATH AND BURIES HER", NEVER MADE FRONT PAGE. YET THIS RUBBISH STORY MAKES FRONT PAGE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WORD "KIDNAP" AND BECAUSE IT INVOLVES THE TRIBE OF YOU ALL KNOW NA. ANYWAYS, GOD IS WATCHING Y'ALL ON "AFRICAN MAGIC"!
retard... The thief that was caught is Igbo too abi? When will you ibo cry babies stop making yourselves look like victims? Grow the phuck up or get out on Nairaland. No one is begging you to stay.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by hannydarl(f): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2012
onatisi:

curses will not erase the loopholes in this story, most ppl here on this thread have been trying to piece it all together, but it all doesnt add up , if you have an idea or a better theory , lets have it

Ok. I think chief saw that they were high and decided to take them for God knows what. Unfortunately they were not that drunk not to notice he was going the wrong way. They prolly asked chief to follow this way but chief refused and was heading another way. They strugled and the woman excaped. If chief had clean hands or, was afraid for his life, he should have stopped for them to leave his car. If this woman had not excaped we would never had known what haPpened to them and that people like this chief prowl bars looking to take drunk helpless people "home". I hope bar fans will be on the lookout.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
hannydarl:

Ok. I think chief saw that they were high and decided to take them for God knows what. Unfortunately they were not that drunk not to notice he was going the wrong way. They prolly asked chief to follow this way but chief refused and was heading another way. They strugled and the woman excaped. If chief had clean hands or, was afraid for his life, he should have stopped for them to leave his car. If this woman had not excaped we would never had known what haPpened to them and that people like this chief prowl bars looking to take drunk helpless people "home". I hope bar fans will be on the lookout.
ur theory sounds possible too
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Abagworo(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
That. Chief is completely innocent. I've had such an experience before. Me and my friend were coming out from the bank and a man begged us for a lift and we accepted. We had barely driven up to 1km when a police patrol stopped us and asked the man if he knew us and he answered "no". They started hitting us and told the man we were kidnappers and the man started thanking God for saving him from us. We spent over 100k despite being innocent.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
Abagworo: That. Chief is completely innocent. I've had such an experience before. Me and my friend were coming out from the bank and a man begged us for a lift and we accepted. We had barely driven up to 1km when a police patrol stopped us and asked the man if he knew us and he answered "no". They started hitting us and told the man we were kidnappers and the man started thanking God for saving him from us. We spent over 100k despite being innocent.
the truth can only be know by the second man,this woman story sounds like that of a drunk person,how can u struggle with the driver and with two men in a moving vehicle ,jump down on motion like tarzan ,then take off ALL YOUR CLOTHES,while still holding ur mobile set ,she didnt even try to contact any of her family members or friends then ran straight into muddy stream and yet all this time she still has her phone with her ooo.after running in the bush around 3-4am ,she said some ppl tried to kidnapp her .her story smells.the only reason the chief turned back was because they knew she would spoil their name that must have been the reason why they tried to beg the vigilante with money
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by BluStreak(m): 3:36am On Oct 28, 2012
Well, you guys have all done a gσσ∂ job trying to decrypt this kidnap puzzle. Using CSI style, you'lI will agree with at the end that the chief is not innocent after all. He must have been in this game for longer.

Fact 1: I don't believe mama Chichi lives in Badagary & runs her beer parlour business in Aguda Surulere till such late hours.

Fact 2: Mama Chichi held tight to her phone cos that is her only lifeline in such a precarious situation & hour, not her clothes she jettisoned to avoid being spotted.

Fact 3: Mama Chichi cannot be running her business & be getting drunk at the same time. Even if she has sales girls, she needs to be at alert to coordinate affairs at the joint.

Fact 4: They victims were not intoxicated enough to last the journey reason they regained consciousness midway.

Let me try to piece together what happened.

Chief & his driver co-conspirator arrives a beer parlour with the intent to kidnap. Saw a long time friend (hmmm easy prey) buys him a couple of drinks (laced it with a drug at some point). And along the line offers mama chichi a drink also and laced that too with same drug. In the victims last minute consciousness, the chief promised to drive them home. When in the car (am sure both dumped at the back seat), chief and driver stalled for a while to let the drug take full effect on their victims before heading off. But due to the alcohol level in both vicitims, drugs effectiveness was hampered; reason they regained consciousness earlier than anticipated. In the commotion that ensued when the victims found out the car is heading a different direction from were the lived, mama chichi jumped off & escaped. With one of the victims free, chief knew his game is up so the best bet is to reverse and make it seems he was helping. They obviously allowed the second victim call mama chichi so as to deflate the whole crime & make it seem like they were truly just helping.

The key questions here are:
1. Why is chief on badagary expressway with mama chichi & the other vicitm at 3:00am?

2. Why did chief offer vigilante N300k. Bear in mind that he didn't envisage meeting any resistance by that hour.

This is a pure case of kidnapping gone bad.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by whitecat007: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
You nailed it!!!
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by whitecat007: 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
Why is it that no truth can come out you ibos, are the Edo people now Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits On The Loose In Imo / Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe / 1000 Nigerians In Egyptian Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.