Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe (8721 Views)

Abnedgo Don-Evarada's N10m Bribe To EFCC Official (Photos) / DSP Faces Dismissal Over Bribe / Man Murdered By Policemen Over Bribe In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
Mob lynches cop for killing driver over bribe

By OLA AJAYI

IBADAN—A policeman, Olufemi Ajayi was Wednesday lynched and set ablaze in Ayete, Ibarapa North Local Government Area of Oyo State, for allegedly shooting to death a middle aged man.

The policeman was said to have been lynched by irate mob after allegedly killing the man, identified as Mr. Emiola Kolade, said to be a popular commercial driver over a bribery disagreement  at a check-point.

Mr. Ajayi was said to have shot the commercial driver in the eye. One of his eyeballs was said to have bulged out of its socket.

Though the driver was said to have struggled with death, he died later at a nearby Igboora General hospital. His death was said to have triggered a street protest by sympathisers especially women.

The trigger-happy policeman was said to have been pursued into a nearby bush and was forced to take the driver to the hospital for treatment.

According to an eye witness, angered people on the Idere/ Ayete road were said to have descended heavily on the policeman and set him ablaze.

He said, “The victim was flagged down by the police corporal, who demanded N100. The issue then  degenerated into a hot argument and what we heard later was a gunshot and the commercial driver was found lying on the ground in pool of his blood.”

A staff of the hospital where he was taken to spoke with newsmen on phone that the driver died later due to excessive loss of blood.Speaking, a senior police officer who did not want to be quoted said: “It  is a serious issue. Presently, we are still on the matter. I may not be able to say anything on the matter now. You may please call me back “.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/mob-lynches-cop-for-killing-driver-over-bribe/
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
lol cheesy grin
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Beaf: 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
Good riddance, that phucker unnecessarily took a life and created a widow and orphans. . . For N100.00 angry
I can't understand why he would have shot an innocent person for resisting his N100 extortion move.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by dempeople(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2012
Nice. Very nice. More of such lynchings.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by dayokanu(m): 12:15am On Jan 26, 2012
I am proud of the people of Ayete.

Good one
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by solihu(m): 12:16am On Jan 26, 2012
If more of such lynches are carried out , I tell you this would be a kind of speedy "reform" that wont cost government a penny!
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by cheikh: 12:53am On Jan 26, 2012
solihu
If more of such lynches are carried out , I tell you this would be a kind of speedy "reform" that wont cost government a penny!

@^^You're certainly an action person not a wimp/coward from the south wink grin. I've been singing the above mantra for some time now in the south.
Thank you. smiley
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by UKBobo(m): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2012
Problem with street justice is that once it begins in one sphere, it can be applied to other general disagreements. Kidnapping for ransom began in Colombia when guerillas took wealthy people knowing they could pay. Now, ordinary postmen and doughnut sellers get kidnapped. Application of the rule of law is what is needed.

1 Like

Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 26, 2012
This should be the fate of all killer cops. Good riddance! Roast their azz.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Osama10(m): 1:31am On Jan 26, 2012
Very good. grin
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 26, 2012
Serves his forking a$$ right. He got served
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by OgidiBoy(m): 2:32am On Jan 26, 2012
I hope they did'n eat his meat cause Yoruba will eat anything. Very sad
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 26, 2012
OgidiBoy:

How come you are the only one who thought about that! I bet you are already salivating right now, wishing you were there.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Rhino5dm: 3:39am On Jan 26, 2012
. . . .Hatred of police cut across. We can now see the reasons those kids in Kano are happy over the burnt police vehecle which was termed as [b]" shockingly street support" [/b]for Boko Haram. Everyone hates police. Even You!

pDude:

Serves his forking a$$ right. He got served
Osama10:

Very good. grin
Aigbofa:

This should be the fate of all killer cops. Good riddance! Roast their azz.
solihu:

Beaf:

Good riddance, that phucker unnecessarily took a life and created a widow and orphans. . . For N100.00 angry
I can't understand why he would have shot an innocent person for resisting his N100 extortion move.
dayokanu:

I am proud of the people of Ayete.

Good one

dem_people:

Nice. Very nice. More of such lynchings.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by naijaking1: 3:45am On Jan 26, 2012
The next "occupy" should focus on police menace sad
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 26, 2012
Jungle justice or not, people have just being killed and you guys are jubilating. disgusting angry
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 26, 2012
Any time you have the opportunity, kill the ffuuccking POLICE man! All of them are armed robbers!
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by dustydee: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2012
Will that solve the problem? I see two widows. That won't stop policemen from demanding for bribe and shooting people.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 26, 2012
This may cause disaffection between the police and the people, thereby endangering the safety of ordinary folks, especially those who commute at night
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Wily1Wily: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2012
OOhhhh nice , Yorubas can kill themselves no problem
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Andrew3(m): 8:57am On Jan 26, 2012
too many was said to have angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by sheyguy: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2012
Wily1Wily:

OOhhhh nice , Yorubas can kill themselves no problem
U shld be ashamed of ur ND folks who get killed and all they do shout "warri no dey carry last".
OgidiBoy:

yorubas eating human ? ? ? I have never heard of that before.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by ollyruffy: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2012
All hail the people of Ayete!

More of these types of justice will make the nigerian policemen authorized criminals to be using their heads before using the trigger
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2012
On behalf of many aggrieved Nigerians, I congratulate the people of Ayete Community for disposing of a Killer.

Nigerians are proud of you. May your community grow in strength and security, Amen.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Mikocake(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2012
Bleep the police!!
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by xtremeidea(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2012
I dnt like jungle justice but for this POLICE CASE. itz a good development. i wish we can also try this in lagos. angry angry angry angry since the government has decided to ignore the high rate of corruption in the Police force, maybe a little jungle justice will do.  
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Jakumo(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2012
The policeman who shot an innocent civilian should have been disarmed and handed over to the police for trial on charges of murder.   To prevent the case file from "vanishing", that handover of the culprit should have been carried out in front of invited members of the press, both local and international, if possible.  On several occasions  in Nigeria's recent history, serving policemen were handed the death penalty as a consequence of extra-judicial killings perpetrated while in uniform.    

Short of outright war, there is NO circumstance under which it should be acceptable for civilians to commit lynch-mob murders, EVEN IF the victim of that lynching was SEEN and CAUGHT in the act of homicide.   The minute it becomes socially acceptable for an impromptu lynch mob to form and descend on a victim in the street, a floodgate of evil is opened, lending an air of "normalcy" to the notion of baying mobs beating to death and then incinerating motorists whose cars hit pedestrians due to brake failure, or women whose unconventional behavior leads to frivolous suspicions of "witchcraft", or non-violent petty thieves and pick-pockets who pilfer handfuls of loose change to buy a meal.

Many of the participants in Nigeria's culture of jungle justice show up at the scene after the mob victim is already in the throes of death, AND YET, those "God Fearing" passers-by never hesitate to attack the human being on the ground with gleeful ferocity, JUST on the strength of unproven or unprovable accusations leveled by the crowd at their silenced victim.   Killing another human being in the context of self-defence could be defensible in the court of law, depending on mitigating factors in favor of the accused, BUT, there is absolutely NO provision in the constitution or judicial system of ANY civilized nation on this planet, which condones or encourages vigilante mob murder as a substitute for due process in the court of law.

No private citizen has the right to inflict ANY punitive measure to address perceived offences OUTSIDE of the universally recognized progression of arrest, arraignment, trial and sentencing effected ONLY by officers and officials of the legitimate law and judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by worm(f): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2012
Yesterday some guy posted a picture of a kid jumping on a burnt police vehicle in Kano he termed it "Shocking Street Support for Boko haram". Police are hated all over Nigeria - by kids, adults even old folks.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 26, 2012
It is either majority of Nairalanders are kids or that Nigerians are simply barbaric.

This is 2012AD and not 1300BC.

Facts:
1. The killer cop has blood on his hands.
2. Those that killed the killer cop have blood on their hands.

3. We should pursue the rule of law if we want to make progress as Nation, and jungle justice is anti-rule of law.

4. I now understand why Nigerians said NO to fuel subsidy removal. They reason as if we are in 1300BC.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by ceejayluv(m): 10:16am On Jan 26, 2012
Serves him right. Although the mobsters have to face the law too for extra-judicial killing.
Re: Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe by babaowo: 10:19am On Jan 26, 2012
what do ppl expect when majority of nigeria police are ex-convicts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1000 Nigerians In Egyptian Prisons / All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP / 3-month-old Baby Raped, Anus And Private Part Cut Off In Nasarawa[graphic photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.