Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ (13619 Views)

FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1 / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by methodman(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Funny Government. So Flunitrazepam was designed originally for rape abi? Ok. So what of other drugs in the same class like Bromazepam (Lexotan), Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan), Nitrazepam (Mogadon) e.t.c. What of people who use Chloroform to drug people before kidnapping them? What of local and general anaesthetics used in hospitals for surgeries (e.g Lignocaine, Ketamine, Halothane, ether, Nitrous oxide e.t.c). What i'm getting at is, banning this drug is mere sweeping the problem under the carpet as d criminals have other alternate drugs to use. The right thing to do is to strongly regulate these drugs as is done in U.S and U.K and other developed countries. Our drug distribution channel in Nigeria is so chaotic that one can easily lay his or her hands on these drugs, which should not be. Let the health minister work on reviewing the laws on drug use regulation by placing such drugs only in d custody of qualifed and registered pharmacies. That will make it easier to track incase it gets out. Don't ban drugs like that because some criminal used it because u may just be denying those patients who actually need it and for whom d drugs were designed for initially.
...U get PhD for Medicine ni.....See as u just deh name dem deh go. shocked shocked grin
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by taharqa: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2012
Sky walker: u wanna kill a beast? U cut its throat, not its right hand coz it'll come back at u with its left hand. D ban of d drug is like cutting d right hand. There are other drugs -by the way, this beast has a billion hands. All d FG did was cut one. There re 999999 left.

@seun. I'll reserve my recommendation for when u vote me as president.
It s not my job to figure out a way to cut the beasts throat. Thats the job of your FG. Thats why you pay your tax to 'em.
This particular story is only part of a larger Pharmacovigilance policy that was approvd by FEC yterday. A policy dat PSN and NMA hv bn pushing for yrs nw. Read oda papers for sm details
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Funny Government. So Flunitrazepam was designed originally for rape abi? Ok. So what of other drugs in the same class like Bromazepam (Lexotan), Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan), Nitrazepam (Mogadon) e.t.c. What of people who use Chloroform to drug people before kidnapping them? What of local and general anaesthetics used in hospitals for surgeries (e.g Lignocaine, Ketamine, Halothane, ether, Nitrous oxide e.t.c). What i'm getting at is, banning this drug is mere sweeping the problem under the carpet as d criminals have other alternate drugs to use. The right thing to do is to strongly regulate these drugs as is done in U.S and U.K and other developed countries. Our drug distribution channel in Nigeria is so chaotic that one can easily lay his or her hands on these drugs, which should not be. Let the health minister work on reviewing the laws on drug use regulation by placing such drugs only in d custody of qualifed and registered pharmacies. That will make it easier to track incase it gets out. Don't ban drugs like that because some criminal used it because u may just be denying those patients who actually need it and for whom d drugs were designed for initially.
haha..best post so far. Pharm Policewoman.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Classicalman: What kind of question is that Mr man? How does that concern what he said? Use it for what if i may ask? Unless of course he is a Doctor, in which case ur question should be, have u presribed the drug before?
You did not allow him to answer that question, cos he has no response. That drug has more disadvantages than advantages. If it is banned, it will have no implication, not at all, on the therapeutic requirements of the populace. There are safer alternatives.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Policewoman(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2012
Thank you Nairaland MODS for hiding my posts and banning me for saying the obvious and proferring solutions. Now i know how u guys (including Seun) think. Back to the topic; the only reason i would support banning the drug is because of the notoriety it has gained and the present unreliable drug distribution channel we have in Nigeria now. That way it will not get to d hands of evil men. Thankfully, there are other classes of Benzodiazepenes that Doctors can prescribe for related ailments. I also still maintain that the F.G is merely treating the symptoms of the disease without finding out the underlying cause. This is a country where one can just walk into any patent medicine store and obtain any POM without prescription. Most of us travel out of the country. In U.K for instance, you dare not dispense any medicine if u r not a licensed pharmacist otherwise u fall foul of d law. Even when the pharmacy technician is available, the patient will have to drop his prescription and collect it next morning, by dat time d pharmacist(or a replacement) will have come to fill in d prescription.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Iolo(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2012
qwest: While the banning of the drug is a good development, as it shows that the executive isn't insulated from the happenings in the society and is working for the citizenry; I don't think the primary use of the drug is for the negative use it has been put to. Perhaps banning the over the counter sale of the drug should be a better approach, making it a drug to be gotten by prescription only. But then that is Nigeria....

The drug officially isn't an Over the Counter drug. You need a prescription to get one. But this is Naija.

That's y de picked up the pharmacist that sold the kidnappers the drug.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: I wanna ask you a sincere question and I want you to give a true answer. Have you ever used the 'Date Molestation Drug' before, even for its intended usage ?'
oga, Flunitrazepam is a drug used for short term treatment of insomnia. in other words, it can be used when you cant sleep even if you are very tired. i have not had such issues before and i have not used it. what the FG is doing is like a case of giving only Paracetamol to treat headache just because it is one of the symptoms of malaria when what that patient needs is an antimalarial drug. banning the drug wont solve the problem of drug abuse in Nigeria. by law, a patent medicine dealer should not be able to sell antibiotics but here, they do. why not start with the underlying problem 1st?
1)enforce already existing drug laws e.g get rid of patent medicine dealers in the open market.
2) make the penalties stiffer. you'd be suprised if you know how lenient some of the punishments for serious drug offences are in this country.
3) educate the general public on self medication and drug abuse.
4) train our children very well, both male and female. etc.
bros, the problem plenty and banning Rohypnol is just laughable
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by 2sign: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
why shld it be banned,it's illegal in usa but dt doesn't mean dt when u ve a prescriptn 4 it,it isn't rite.so d fg wants 2 tel mi dt a drug was solely made 2 bi a rape drug.nonsense,wel a already ve a 9ja company producin theirs.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by 2sign: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
it's called a poison and every pharmacy dt sels it must ve a poison buk 2 record d sales.if i take a prescriptn 2 d pharmacy when dy sel it,dy sign on it and are supposed 2 collect d prescriptn frm u,unles u ve not bought d ful dose,dy give u d photocopy and write how many u bout and where u bot it frm.but because its 9ja and d drug is xpdnsive and scarce,pharmacys sell d way dy like.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Koolking(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2012

Well said dude. I don't know who advises our govt. These drugs are made for legitimate purposes. You don't chop off your head to cure headache. Local but cheap mixtures can still serve a purpose for despicable minds.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by lekkie073(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
hmmmm.flunitrazepam......#flashback to 2001 in unimaid# i was introduced to rohypnol by a friend of mine. after taking d tab with a bottle of chilled water, i waited for its effect. to be candid, the highness is lovely. (give a shy guy a tab of rohypnol and he will toast the prettiest girl in d universe). after some hours i got to my room and removed my wristwatch to sleep. on waking up, i searched and searched for d watch but couldnt see it. i turned d whole room upside down, no show. i became anxious, saw d guy dat introduced it to me and complained about my observation. d guy said i must be in such state before i can see d watch again. i became sober. some days passed and i met some of my other friends who are veterans in d game. i took one tab from them, licked it, took chilled water to fastforward d timing of th effect. some hous later i decided to retire back to my room. guess what? i opened my door and the first thing dat caught my eyes was the wristwatch which i had lost hope of ever seeing again! to rohypnol be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by lekkie073(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
rohpnol being a date r..a..p..e drug doesnt mean those dat consume it automatically turn to r.a.p.i.s.t.s .........d highness na gban-gban....if u know what i mean.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Koolking(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
lekkie073: hmmmm.flunitrazepam......#flashback to 2001 in unimaid# i was introduced to rohypnol by a friend of mine. after taking d tab with a bottle of chilled water, i waited for its effect. to be candid, the highness is lovely. (give a shy guy a tab of rohypnol and he will toast the prettiest girl in d universe). after some hours i got to my room and removed my wristwatch to sleep. on waking up, i searched and searched for d watch but couldnt see it. i turned d whole room upside down, no show. i became anxious, saw d guy dat introduced it to me and complained about my observation. d guy said i must be in such state before i can see d watch again. i became sober. some days passed and i met some of my other friends who are veterans in d game. i took one tab from them, licked it, took chilled water to fastforward d timing of th effect. some hous later i decided to retire back to my room. guess what? i opened my door and the first thing dat caught my eyes was the wristwatch which i had lost hope of ever seeing again! to rohypnol be the glory.

Guy, are you serious? Ain't it a cocaine?
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by alexola20(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Onyeoma3: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=lekkie073]hmmmm.flunitrazepam......#flashback to 2001 in unimaid# i was introduced to rohypnol by a friend of mine. after taking d tab with a bottle of chilled water, i waited for its effect. to be candid, the highness is lovely. (give a shy guy a tab of rohypnol and he will toast the prettiest girl in d universe). after some hours i got to my room and removed my wristwatch to sleep. on waking up, i searched and searched for d watch but couldnt see it. i turned d whole room upside down, no show. i became anxious, saw d guy dat introduced it to me and complained about my observation. d guy said i must be in such state before i can see d watch again. i became sober. some days passed and i met some of my other friends who are veterans in d game. i took one tab from them, licked it, took chilled water to fastforward d timing of th effect. some hous later i decided to retire back to my room. guess what? i opened my door and the first thing dat caught my eyes was the wristwatch which i had lost hope of ever seeing again! to rohypnol be the glory. [/quote/]

And then started using it for missionary workundecided
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by dartsidius7(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
lekkie073: hmmmm.flunitrazepam......#flashback to 2001 in unimaid# i was introduced to rohypnol by a friend of mine. after taking d tab with a bottle of chilled water, i waited for its effect. to be candid, the highness is lovely. (give a shy guy a tab of rohypnol and he will toast the prettiest girl in d universe). after some hours i got to my room and removed my wristwatch to sleep. on waking up, i searched and searched for d watch but couldnt see it. i turned d whole room upside down, no show. i became anxious, saw d guy dat introduced it to me and complained about my observation. d guy said i must be in such state before i can see d watch again. i became sober. some days passed and i met some of my other friends who are veterans in d game. i took one tab from them, licked it, took chilled water to fastforward d timing of th effect. some hous later i decided to retire back to my room. guess what? i opened my door and the first thing dat caught my eyes was the wristwatch which i had lost hope of ever seeing again! to rohypnol be the glory.

Niceeee..... it has been banned in the US but people will still find a way to get it, just like blunt or crystal meth. They should step up thier game and make the punishment for ra>pe a little harder. The ban is good though. Ladies, please dont go to a guy's house if you are not absolutely sure of why you wanna visit him.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
NMA SUGGESTED IT FEW YEARS AGO.BUT PHARMACISTS UNION KICK AGAINST IT.IDEALLY EVERY DOCTOR SHOULD HAVE UNIQUE PRESCRIPTION BOOKLETS UPON GRADUATION.
berem: Na today? I trust NAFDAC na! Is it because of Cynthia's case they have to ban it? Are there no alternative drugs to it? Instead of banning it why not make it compulsory for patients to present doctor's prescription before they are given? This yeye FG sef.smh.
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
It is psn that is frustrating the policy.NMA has made its position clear few year ago.
taharqa: This particular story is only part of a larger Pharmacovigilance policy that was approvd by FEC yterday. A policy dat PSN and NMA hv bn pushing for yrs nw. Read oda papers for sm details
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by ayobase(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
And its gonna be banning of coflin later cos some children slap their fathers after being 'high' on cough syrup.
Banning this doesn't mean that vices wouldnt be improvised.....not that Im not supporting, but atleast we still fed on chicken when there was bird flu!
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Obinoscopy(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2012

I doff my hat for you. Its obvious you're an health professional who knows her onions. How I wish we've got more of people like you
Re: FG To Ban ‘Date Molestation Drug’ by Osama10(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
lekkie073:
hmmmm.flunitrazepam......#flashback to 2001 in unimaid# i was introduced to rohypnol by a friend of mine. after taking d tab with a bottle of chilled water, i waited for its effect. to be candid, the highness is lovely. (give a shy guy a tab of rohypnol and he will toast the prettiest girl in d universe). after some hours i got to my room and removed my wristwatch to sleep. on waking up, i searched and searched for d watch but couldnt see it. i turned d whole room upside down, no show. i became anxious, saw d guy dat introduced it to me and complained about my observation. d guy said i must be in such state before i can see d watch again. i became sober. some days passed and i met some of my other friends who are veterans in d game. i took one tab from them, licked it, took chilled water to fastforward d timing of th effect. some hous later i decided to retire back to my room. guess what? i opened my door and the first thing dat caught my eyes was the wristwatch which i had lost hope of ever seeing again! to rohypnol be the glory.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Husband! / Has Anyone Ever Succeeded In Removing Stretch Marks? / Any Treatment For Severe Tooth Ache?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.