Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? (4151 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2012
By saying accessories,i mean necklace,bangles,rings,watches etc...

i happen to live in the Federal Capital Territory,and i see a lot of mothers dress the kids(especially girls) in the most expensive way.there is this sense of competition over whose kid dresses better.yeah,this is common among the elite and am sure you've noticed this trend if you stay in a city.

So,my question-is right to do so?doesn't that expose the kid to early want of material things? I remember a birthday party i attended.one of the invitees came with her lil girl who was literally sophisticated in dressing like her mum.she(lil girl) went home without her adorable necklace.

i guess she innocently gave it to a random guy. So,what's your take on this?
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 25, 2012
all females love looking and feeling beautiful irregardless of age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: all females love looking and feeling beautiful irregardless of age.
C'mon,lil girls are never concious of their appearance nor sexuality.we are talking of kids here.they wear these things becos their mum puts it on 'em...is right 4 dem to do this?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by destinedtee(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2012
It all depends on the motive of the parents.If they dress their kids merely for competition,then its pathetic because they will be inculcating wrong values into them.On the other hand,if it is to make them look good and cute,then its okay.However,it should be done moderately.The term 'moderately' is relative anyway.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by vlove1: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2012
i think it is d business of the parent, but as for me i have 2 boys n i wear them necklace. if u have go ahead and flaunt them on ur kids.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Youngzedd(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2012
There is time for everything.

Am not against it, just trying to be sincere.
Moreover God gave us all the ability to reason.

Don't mislead ur children for the sake of competitions/fashion.
They should be dressed decently not like musicians.

Remember they are yours and if eventually any of them start misbehaving all the troubles will be on ur head not mine.

Children should be dressed like the kids they are.

One shall reap what he/she sow.

Never expect to get yam where you planted coco-yam.

Everybody has to be careful in any thing that concerns kids, for crying out loud the are delicate, anything you teach them when they are small is the way they will behave till adult stage unless there is Gods' intervention.

Don't start what you can finish.

Let he/she that has ear hear.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Lawconfessor(f): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Yeah... It is good. Besides, der re different sizes of dez accessories.

So it is so good to dress a little girl properly wit sizeable & moderate accessories, it maks dem look cute.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by cash22(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2012
its not right.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2012
they can wear anything they like.
soon they will be tired.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by slimyem: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2012
I think its an unnecessary indulgence...
Kids are naturally beautiful and i do not see the need for all of that...
Apart from little earrings for a girl child and moderate wrist watches for males,i don't/won't advocate for it!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2012
There is nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by sylve11: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2012
Yes it's good, but always care about how he/ she's gonna dress like in the future. We all want changes but we all forget it begins with us. Imagine a 2month old baby, the mom is already dressing her with legins and putting lipstick in her lips with heavy bangles in her tiny hands.. cool
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Mckybarf(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2012
binger: By saying accessories,i mean necklace,bangles,rings,watches etc...

i happen to live in the Federal Capital Territory,and i see a lot of mothers dress the kids(especially girls) in the most expensive way.there is this sense of competition over whose kid dresses better.yeah,this is common among the elite and am sure you've noticed this trend if you stay in a city.

So,my question-is right to do so?doesn't that expose the kid to early want of material things? I remember a birthday party i attended.one of the invitees came with her lil girl who was literally sophisticated in dressing like her mum.she(lil girl) went home without her adorable necklace.

i guess she innocently gave it to a random guy. So,what's your take on this?
though i find nothimg wrong with kids wearing accessories, i think it pays to teach them the virtue f being modest. It pays to maintain their level of innocence in this cruel world. Too much exposure to trendy fashion may not be good as they tend to attach so much importance to it making them somehow conceited. It also might make them easy prey to rapists and child molesters.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by irecruit(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2012
THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG FOR CHILDREN TO WEAR NECKLACES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES. IT IS ONLY WRONG IF IT IS WORN WRONGLY[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2012
I see nothing wrong in it as long as it’s in moderation and the accessories don’t appear or look like something over the top...
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Youngzedd(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Mckybarf: though i find nothimg wrong with kids wearing accessories, i think it pays to teach them the virtue f being modest. It pays to maintain their level of innocence in this cruel world. Too much exposure to trendy fashion may not be good as they tend to attach so much importance to it making them somehow conceited. It also might make them easy prey to rapists and child molesters.

You are seeing what am seeing, u get eye.
I wanted to add it on my post but just ignored it to avoid sum amature from quoting rubbish.

They are delicate to expose to street niggaz to avoid that tin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Youngzedd:

You are seeing what am seeing, u get eye.
I wanted to add it on my post but just ignored it to avoid sum amature from quoting rubbish.

They are delicate to expose to street niggaz to avoid that tin.
seconded!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2012
binger: C'mon,lil girls are never concious of their appearance nor sexuality.we are talking of kids here.they wear these things becos their mum puts it on 'em...is right 4 dem to do this?
it has nothing to do with sexuality! i stole my mother's make up when i was around 8yrs old and i would play "house" in her clothes. i loved the way her clothes and accessories made me feel older and beautiful, it had nothing to do wit boys

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by justsayemma(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2012
I believe kids shd b given only wat they nid,2 mak dem comfortable n 2 b productive in future,not unecesary acessories dat wil end up addin no value 2 their lives

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
it has nothing to do with sexuality! i stole my mother's make up when i was around 8yrs old and i would play "house" in her clothes. i loved the way her clothes and accessories made me feel older and beautiful, it had nothing to do wit boys
kk...i get ur point...buh thats a rare case,u knw
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2012
slimyem: I think its an unnecessary indulgence...
Kids are naturally beautiful and i do not see the need for all of that...
Apart from little earrings for a girl child and moderate wrist watches for males,i don't/won't advocate for it!
u re right on point! little children have natural beauty! imagine puttin weaves on a 8 -12 yr old! just packing their hair neatly would do. i would understand if they bought expensive clothes/shoes/wristwatches/earrings for them. too much accessories on kids make them look old and worn out. they seem to lose their look of innocence.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Abundantgrace: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
Its not necessary now. Allow dem 2 do d right thing at d right time else you 'll expose dem at an age dey sdnt and dey ll blame or curse you in d future
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
bukatyne: u re right on point! little children have natural beauty! imagine puttin weaves on a 8 -12 yr old! just packing their hair neatly would do. i would understand if they bought expensive clothes/shoes/wristwatches/earrings for them. too much accessories on kids make them look old and worn out. they seem to lose their look of innocence.
Seconded @ 'they seem to lose their lonk of innocence'

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by crackhaus: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
Accessories on girl-kids can actually get over the top, I mean I've seen some wearing large bangles & even carrying hand-bags.. That's a no for me.
As for boy-kids, not much wrong can be done accessorizing; watch(left arm), shambala/wrist band(right arm), black-beaded neck wear & he's good to go... Boys don't go wrong with accessories unless your name is CHARLY BOY or DENRELE!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Moralistli(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
By their fruits, we shall know them..... Your outlook appearance/dressing tell much about you. A decent and responsible man/woman will necessarily dress his/her kids decently.
Life is all about composition and not competition... Doing it the the simple n affordable way it pleases you is called 'maintaining affordable standard of living'

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Egbagirl(f): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
I dont see anything wrong in my daughter wearing earrings, bracelets and necklaces. AS LONG AS they are not expensive. To be honest, she probably wont be wearing any of that gold or silver 'cause I dont wear them (only have 2 silver chains given to me by people. I would never buy them lol). She'll probably have more of african jewellery which I would LOVE for her to wear but none of that gold and silver.
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Egba girl: I dont see anything wrong in my daughter wearing earrings, bracelets and necklaces. AS LONG AS they are not expensive. To be honest, she probably wont be wearing any of that gold or silver 'cause I dont wear them (only have 2 silver chains given to me by people. I would never buy them lol). She'll probably have more of african jewellery which I would LOVE for her to wear but none of that gold and silver.
well,my argument isnt how precious the jewellery is,but the cons in wearing one at all.like i said b4,that look of innocence is gone 4rm dem and they are prone to molestation by randy men

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Mckybarf(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
destinedtee: It all depends on the motive of the parents.If they dress their kids merely for competition,then its pathetic because they will be inculcating wrong values into them.On the other hand,if it is to make them look good and cute,then its okay.However,it should be done moderately.The term 'moderately' is relative anyway.
cute or no cute, i believe the security of the child must come first, more if it is a girl. There isnt much problem with infants.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
Moralistli: By their fruits, we shall know them..... Your outlook appearance/dressing tell much about you. A decent and responsible man/woman will necessarily dress his/her kids decently.
Life is all about composition and not competition... Doing it the the simple n affordable way it pleases you is called 'maintaining affordable standard of living'
Inspiring!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Hair Products / Photo: BBA Huddah Monroe Goes Braless / See More Photos Of Nigerian Transgender Noni Salma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.