Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,010 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? (8527 Views)

Epielle Facial Essence Mask / The Essence Or So Of Lightweight Scarves: A Brief Insight. / Where Can I Buy Nature Essence Cream In The U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by ashmanpolo: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2012
I will really want to know this because these days, the way guys dey starch clothes dey fear me. Some starch sweaters, hanky, singlets and even Boxers (or wrestlers depending on the size of the inner wear).
I see some people On starched clothes and can't help but laf at the way they normly look like drawn statues.
To worsen this, you daren't walk under The rain with starched clothes, else all the flies in dat area will come after you.
So my question is DO YOU STARCH YOUЯ CLOTHES

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Chiefupper: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2012
I dont think I cn wear cloth without starch esp shirt n native lyk kampala,guinea etc,it makes d colour of d cloth luk attractive n admirabu wen u ironed it,then I luk perfect in it while goin out
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by ashmanpolo: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
Okay O̴̩̩̥̩̩
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
Omo, na uniport guys identity º°˚!
If starch no dey, i no dey wear.
Its got a sort of feeling, very cool and prestigious.
Any kind yeye breeze no fit embarrass u.
Ur cloth go tanda for ur body wella, while looking very new.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by 1forall: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
What's the point of having a brain?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Shenez: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
Food starch abi wetin?
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Emusan(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
3rd to comment........one big ponmon 4 me gringringrin

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
I didn't normally starch my shirts, but when i was embarrassed by a female boss last year, for being scruffy, even though i ironed my shirt, that was the end of my ironing without starching...Starch your shirts to avoid embarrassment, but not heavy starching though, except the shirt is very 'stubborn'

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by NET1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yes, I starch my clothes. Don't see any reason why I shouldn't.

.NET
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Chubhie: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
I prefer light starch on em or iron with spray starch. Tiz always a pleasure washing, starching n ironing my own cloths.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by feelamong(m): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nairaland Ehhhhhhh!!!

so this topic even made the front page? am sure some mods are tired of doing this Nairaland job!

Seun time to fire and hire

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by JoanJohnson(f): 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
[quote
author=ashmanpolo]I will really want to know this because these days,
the way guys dey starch clothes dey fear me. Some starch sweaters,
hanky, singlets and even Boxers (or wrestlers depending on the size of
the inner wear).
I see some people On starched clothes and can't help but laf at the way
they normly look like drawn statues.
To worsen this, you daren't walk under The rain with starched clothes,
else all the flies in dat area will come after you.
So my question is DO YOU STARCH YOUЯ CLOTHES [/quote]

Yea, i starch my clothes, some of my shirt looks beautiful wen starched and it makes you feel cool abt urself, though nt to d extreme and nt very much of it.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nwoka(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why do ladies use mascara,why do they rub powder,why do they adjust skirt,why do they carry tissue around,why do they do shakara everytime?? Think before u ask friend!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by temitemi1(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
I'm putting on one now n I look like robot in it. I agree wit u 2much starch can make one miserable
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by tempex88(m): 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
na all d boiz wey dey starch cloth dey make garrwi unaffordable
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by oubi: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
Are Ʊ a learner....

If Ʊ starch ūя̲̅ cloths, it makes Ʊ look like Ʊ ђa√ع neva drank garri b4 . cool cool

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
Imanuelle: Omo, na uniport guys identity º°˚!
If starch no dey, i no dey wear.
Its got a sort of feeling, very cool and prestigious.
[b][/b]Any kind yeye breeze no fit embarrass u.
Ur cloth go tanda for ur body wella, while looking very new.
Buh d rain fit embarrass u smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by slimyem: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
too lazy to starch anything...
Na wash and wear straight!!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
One of my guys for uniben, this guy no fit go anywhere without starching cloth..but i dont think guys should be starching worn out clothes
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by SparkleanEdge: 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
Starch stiffens the fabric. It is mainly to maintain a long lasting pressed appearance longer into the day.
Starch is better on men's shirts made from cotton or wool materials. Dry-cleaners usually give you AYWI (As You Want It)options - No Starch, Light Starch, Medium Starch, Hard Starch. It is worthy to know that hard starch application kills fabrics gradually as it causes breakage at tough areas like collars, wrists e.t.c.

Starch sure gives your shirts and natives a look of quality and care.

www.sparkleanedge.com www.facebook.com/sparkleanedge
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by punche(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
feelamong: Nairaland Ehhhhhhh!!!

so this topic even made the front page? am sure some mods are tired of doing this Nairaland job!

Seun time to fire and hire

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE TOPIC? ITS SUPPOSE TO BE AN INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION... ITS NOT COMPULSORY TO COMMENT.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Sijo01(f): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
It gives style, class and swagg to your cloths *just kidding*........ Yes, i starch mine, i hardly wear unstarch cloths nowadays. But ironing it can be time wasting!

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by nurmanteasynoni: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
don.t u knw that when u use original starch.. i'm talkin about a spray starch
like the easy-on starch,u'l feel like a cristiano ronaldo.. u'l feel like the general

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
SO that it can stand well na. What else? tongue
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Sijo01(f): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Easy on spray starch is an option 'B' for me. Its quite cool and easier to iron with.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by nurmanteasynoni: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
Sijo01: Easy on spray starch is an option 'B' for me. Its quite cool and easier to iron with.
its quite preferable ,and i thnk u should make it ur option a

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by manny4life(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yes I starch my clothes when it goes to the cleaners, though I tell them light though.. It brings out the smartness of the clothing.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by awodman: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
grin grin
oubi: Are Ʊ a learner....

If Ʊ starch ūя̲̅ cloths, it makes Ʊ look like Ʊ ђa√ع neva drank garri b4 . cool cool
grin
oubi: Are Ʊ a learner....

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by ubong560(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
D idea of cloth starching is purely attributed 2 poverty. Poor guys/girls c dis as an avenue 2 make thier clothes looks presentable. Read d origin of starch and u wil knw wat am saying. Dis days, u c guys starching a faded cloth. Wat for? Som of d clothes, u cant easily identify wat colour it was or it is. Na poverty d cause am!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easy Tutorial On How To Make Ankara Feather Earrings / James Bond Watch - Rolex GMT Master Pepsi / Nike Benassi Slippers In Various Colours For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.