Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How Is Your Church Ranked? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Your Church Ranked? (5648 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
opeoluwa2:

PMW,u are funny ooh.
So you know abt the fruits of the HolySpirit,yet u don't know about "touch not my annointed" cos I always c the way u castigate men of God.
Na wah oooh .stop mocking christianity.

I don turn to aluminati be that. I dont support the men of God that are doing unscriptural practices. Do you even know the meaning of what you are quoting?

Maybe you will do well by even telling me where "Jesus told us to go to church to worship him", and where "Jesus commanded us to pay tithes"?
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
@pastormustwacc

Kindly name those doctrines of Jesus that catholics do not believe in let us discuss.If you also want faulty protestant doctrines I would also oblige u
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by UncleJJ(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
tongue
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
If you must know, i was born into a strong catholic home, and i was even a mass server. I can read rosary and most of your prayers, and know a lot of your church doctrines.

But now, I neither follow catholic nor protestant. In fact, i dont believe christians should even go to church in the first place.
I dont believe christians should even pay tithes sef. And i have made threads on these stuffs.

I dont wish to distract the thread, i am just stating my opinions. If you see me as a lost soul - your problem, and not mine.

But i follow the teachings of Christ very closely in the bible - and i do fellowship with other believers, irrespective of their denominations.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
And how those dis reduce d transfa price of "GARRY" CAHILL?
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by ochukoccna: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
shadrach77: What's the relevance of the question ??

GidiMovies: Dumb

Thermythorpe: Dumb thread... Dumb post

Thermythorpe: Dumb thread... Dumb poster.

omiobo: Moderator! Why? What kind of thread is this?

Iaz93: *Yawns* mtchew...NEXT!!!

Iaz93: This thread should be closed
[size=18pt]MODERATOR! Sharp Sharp do this![/size] cool cool
2nd best suggestion

BSF: Churches are not ranked , because Salvation is the work of Grace.You cannot rank the work of God.

However, the positive and lasting impact of the church in the lives of her follower-ship determines the
value that the general public perceive about such a church.
So on point
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
That is easy, first we need to examine the demand curve of GARRY CAHILL across all denominations, then we trace back to the supply curve taking into cognissance the flooded markets and the poor state of the country and the religious leaders (that people claimed to be billionaires), you will agree with me that the economic indicators are indicating that the price of garry cAHILL will reduce after the floods have stopped and the farmers regain their farm-lands too.

Oh dear, i forgot to add that the price will always go up because some farmers committed suicide in the thick of the flood due to money palava (maybe they are in purgatory right now - it is only God that knows).

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc: If you must know, i was born into a strong catholic home, and i was even a mass server. I can read rosary and most of your prayers, and know a lot of your church doctrines.

But now, I neither follow catholic nor protestant. In fact, i dont believe christians should even go to church in the first place.
I dont believe christians should even pay tithes sef. And i have made threads on these stuffs.

I dont wish to distract the thread, i am just stating my opinions. If you see me as a lost soul - your problem, and not mine.

But i follow the teachings of Christ very closely in the bible - and i do fellowship with other believers, irrespective of their denominations.

Your father could have even been the pope for all I care.That still would not have been able to proove your point.You made a remark that catholics don't follow the teachings of Jesus which is a rather strong one.I am now asking you to substantiate it and you are now telling me sth else.

FYI it is either you are a catholic xtian or a protestant.There is no neutral position

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Lenny5000(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
Maybe we should think deeper about this post instead of moving towards quarrel...
This post just brought out an ugly FACT, and that is so many Pentecostal churches are owned by the Pastors and pass over to their wives or kids when they die. It is like a Heavy Business franchise that must remain with the family another reason why church (business) is growing at an alarming rate in Nigeria and most parts of the world. As a former Catholic, one thing I still admire about the Church, is the fact that no one Priest or Bishop can treat it like his personal property because it is not...Tomorrow that Priest or Bishop can be transferred..
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Lenny5000(m): 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc: If you must know, i was born into a strong catholic home, and i was even a mass server. I can read rosary and most of your prayers, and know a lot of your church doctrines.

And that my friend is the CHURCH, a group of believers and not the Bulding. The building is never the Church but the grop or gathering of Believers. Bless
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
Well, I see all believers as one, catholic and protestant.
It is their practice that makes one a christian.
So I am a cross-denominational christian.
And I chose what I believe based on the teachings of christ most importantly.
If a pastor or pope or anyone speaks, I open my bible and see if their word is in correlation, else I ignore, because all these people are humans and are subject to human weaknesses.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by fergusen: 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by cidomicky(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
fergusen:
cheesycheesycheesy
if u don't know ask or read to educate urself and stop fooling urself by saying what u dnt know
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
@pastormanmustwac

Either substantiate your allegations or retract.The fact remains that you made an allegation against the church
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by mercurie(f): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=pastormustwacc]I did not know catholics are christians o. shuo?

But that aside, i have met a few catholics who are actually christians.

U didn't know catholics are christains and u ve met catholics dat are christains. See how ur killing ur self with contradictions. Must u comment? Ewu ha zuru azu
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by jimjones: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
tobechi74: am a catholic

A priest heads the parish. the smallest unit.
.A bishop is the head of a diocese, a district of the Church.
An archbishop is the head of an archdiocese, a larger diocese.
A Cardinal is a member of the College of Cardinals, the Pope's top advisers. Cardinals are almost always bishops or archbishops.

The College of Cardinals elects the Pope. The Pope, as Bishop of Rome, is the Successor of St. Peter as the leader of Christ's Church.

jobless punk.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by God4moi: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2012

You can 'read' the rosary shows you know nothing. They don't 'read rosary bro/sis

If you know the doctrines like you claim you won't be this confused.

You don't believe xtains should go to church cos you don't read your bible else you'd know that the bible says we should not forsake the gathering of brethren

Tithing is also bibilcal dear (your level of ignorance is jst becoming so pronounced)

There is no such thing as interdenominational. Cos all interdenominational follow a set of believes/doctrines.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by stankezzy: 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
mistake most people are makeing is that every time they will be mentioning private jets.all these men of GoD they move around the world preaching the gospel which is a command given in the bible ,"go ye over the world and preach the gospel" do we expect them to treck to london or germany.the fact is that when you are important you will be needed and invited ,but when you are not important nobody invites you and how are you going to be important -by living a holy live.all these things about private jets are out of envy.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by God4moi: 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
stankezzy: mistake most people are makeing is that every time they will be mentioning private jets.all these men of GoD they move around the world preaching the gospel which is a command given in the bible ,"go ye over the world and preach the gospel" do we expect them to treck to london or germany.the fact is that when you are important you will be needed and invited ,but when you are not important nobody invites you and how are you going to be important -by living a holy live.all these things about private jets are out of envy.

Eheheheheheh! American pastors need jets to come to africa to preach the gospel. Nigerian pastors need jet to gaan preach in America. Is it a different gospel these people are preaching? Ahahahahah!
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by stankezzy: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Have we ever ask our selfs why the penticostals are eager to give money or buy private jets to their man of GOD while other religions ,the members will even steal from their leader.the answer is that the congrigation knows that what he is into is not easy .40 days fasting,20 dats fasting,will have crusade in gabon this week next wk germany next month holland.the other month usa.no be easy work.if u even give chief iman or prist that is not born again plane to be flying round fear no go allow am,cos he knows that nobody is backing him.in more than one occasion they have met air problems but GOD deliverd them.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by stankezzy: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
i have enterd plane maney times guy flying around no easy,those that are part of private jet jelousey .i.no.say if dey give u fear no go allow u.na people wey trust der GOD and trust dem selfes dey do am.so stop being jelousy
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by tobechi74: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
stankezzy: Have we ever ask our selfs why the penticostals are eager to give money or buy private jets to their man of GOD while other religions ,the members will even steal from their leader.the answer is that the congrigation knows that what he is into is not easy .40 days fasting,20 dats fasting,will have crusade in gabon this week next wk germany next month holland.the other month usa.no be easy work.if u even give chief iman or prist that is not born again plane to be flying round fear no go allow am,cos he knows that nobody is backing him.in more than one occasion they have met air problems but GOD deliverd them.

al dis crusade, na only 4 usa,england and beta countries. Why im no go liberia, sudan, mozambique liberia weh war and poverty dey?

Y im no go saudi arabia,iraq,iran wey muslim plenty

na only europe we bring xtianity to nigeria im de go
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2012
tobechi74: am a catholic

A priest heads the parish. the smallest unit.
.A bishop is the head of a diocese, a district of the Church.
An archbishop is the head of an archdiocese, a larger diocese.
A Cardinal is a member of the College of Cardinals, the Pope's top advisers. Cardinals are almost always bishops or archbishops.

The College of Cardinals elects the Pope. The Pope, as Bishop of Rome, is the Successor of St. Peter as the leader of Christ's Church. Guy, U̶̲̥̅̊.have Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o biz creating dis thread in D̶̲̥̅̊ first place, ɑ̤̥̈̊ church dat Christ himself laid D̶̲̥̅̊ foundation on ɑ̤̥̈̊ rock Aπϑ built shouldn't ßΕ̲̣̣̣̥ brought into disrepute. If U̶̲̥̅̊ aint got job τ̅☺ D̶̲̥̅̊o, go read ur catechism. Am ɑ̤̥̈̊ catholic myself but ur thread is misleading, ɪ̣̝̇ suspect U̶̲̥̅̊ wanna get into some kinda competition ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ dem pentecostals. Sure we d¤n't need that#
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by delejames(m): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Yeah,exactly what i wanted to say,we don't need that.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2012
Nuezha: PENTECOSTAL (name is needless)

Jesus

Holy Spirit

Founder

G.O.

DGO

AGO

RE

NS

Elders

PICs - Province.Zone.Area.Parish

Ministers - ordained.unordained

Workers

Members

New Converts

The Lost (to be found)
u no well o,c as u dey yab redeem
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
God4moi:

You can 'read' the rosary shows you know nothing. They don't 'read rosary bro/sis

If you know the doctrines like you claim you won't be this confused.

You don't believe xtains should go to church cos you don't read your bible else you'd know that the bible says we should not forsake the gathering of brethren

Tithing is also bibilcal dear (your level of ignorance is jst becoming so pronounced)

There is no such thing as interdenominational. Cos all interdenominational follow a set of believes/doctrines.

The earliest christians did not form a church but fellowship with each other. Read my thread on why christians should not go to church
https://www.nairaland.com/1086657/why-christians-believers-should-not

And also why christians should not pay tithes:
https://www.nairaland.com/1085929/tithing-new-testament-practice-old

If you still call me "confused", there is no problem. Just make it to heaven - most important thing. Jesus has already told us how to do it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debunking Religion With One Question / Steve Job's Views on God, After-life / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.