Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,068 members, 7,838,704 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Knowing You Place And True Value - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Knowing You Place And True Value (660 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Are Born Knowing How To Do / Any Regret Not Knowing How To Speak Your Dialect? / Where Has Our Moral Value Gone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing You Place And True Value by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
It’s always interesting watching the way people interact with others because one can tell what they feel their place is in the world, and what they believe gives them that place. what determines your place and role in life?and which factors influence this?
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Tbh sis, i am still trying to figure this one out.
As far as I am concerned I am "just here". I know i have a purpose but trying to figure it out.

The one and only factor to help me understand is "experience".
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
*Kails*:
Tbh sis, i am still trying to figure this one out.
As far as I am concerned I am "just here". I know i have a purpose but trying to figure it out.

The one and only factor to help me understand is "experience".
all the best hun
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by LongOne1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
@ Topic, some internal calling, I guess. People naturally need that feeling of belonging and love as pointed out by psychologists and HRM gurus, which is what drives them most of the time. As they satisfy one, they move on to the next.

I believe this calling is mainly influenced by factors such as the environment one finds oneself in as well as the media, peers, siblings and so on. All these help feed the desire, some people discover theirs on their own, but in other advanced societies, teachers/parents/guardians help to steer them onto the right path.

Spiritually, people also talk about predestination. As that is beyond my brain’s comprehension, I dare not comment, lol.
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by ifyalways(f): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
^ lol.

Sometimes I think "the purpose and destination" can never be found. Why?, you are aiming to get somewhere in your career, biz, studies etc, when you finally get there, you want more. Its a never ending school.
Adam and eve had it "all" yet were hung on getting a piece of the apple.

Is death a destination?
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 27, 2012
ifyalways: ^ lol.

Sometimes I think "the purpose and destination" can never be found. Why?, you are aiming to get somewhere in your career, biz, studies etc, when you finally get there, you want more. Its a never ending school.

Is death a destination?

interesting perspective.
and very good question @ bolded.
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by LongOne1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
ifyalways: ^ lol.

Is death a destination?

Lol, that’s a rather gloomy way of looking at it, still, a thought provoking response.

I look at death as more of a pit stop during the race of life and not the final destination. Comparing it to a racecar lap, instead of a tyre or an oil change, the body is transformed for the rest of the journey, which would be either eternal chilling or eternal damnation.

Moreover, when you talk about purpose, it can be argued that getting to that stage in your career was a want, not your purpose, and human wants are limitless. This would explain the ‘I want more’ that even Adam and Eve fell prey to, even though they knew their purpose.
Re: Knowing You Place And True Value by LongOne1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ Ifyalways, you got me thinking of a west life song – flying without wings, which might imply the human search for ‘purpose’, as opposed to ‘something’.

A lack of which could lead to a void so large, the fame, money and power in the world can’t fill. Unfortunately, some people after realising this, resort to suicide or become a slave to money/fame/power, relying on more and more to fill this void, resulting in a never-ending unsatisfied, vicious cycle. I believe its only spirituality that gives that peace and purpose.

These are my humble thoughts; they could be right, or I could be full of .... grin

(1) (Reply)

How Come Sarkodie Of Ghana Speaks Nigerian Pidgin Fluently / Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo / Needs The English Name!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.