Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Exactly Is Lust ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is Lust ? (757 Views)

Over Coming Fornication Is Not By Prayers Alone, Its Not The Sin The Sin Is Lust / Is Lust Wrong Even In Marriage? / Is Lust Sinful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is Lust ? by tobechi20(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'm having issues understanding what that means exactly. I think I understand the inordinate enjoyment sexual pleasure part, which I believe is unregulated, uncontrolled, excessive enjoyment of sexual pleasure, it's the disordered desire for sexual pleasure that confuses me. Now I know wanting to have sex outside of marriage is bad, but where I'm confused is the sexual pleasure portion. What is that exactly? Hypothetical situation, let's say that you're walking down the street or watching t.v. or a movie and a beautiful woman catches your eye, would it be a sin to look at her and enjoy the pleasure it gives you
Re: What Exactly Is Lust ? by SirECO(m): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Infatuation
Re: What Exactly Is Lust ? by advocate666: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
tobechi20:

I'm having issues understanding what that means exactly. I think I understand the inordinate enjoyment sexual pleasure part, which I believe is unregulated, uncontrolled, excessive enjoyment of sexual pleasure, it's the disordered desire for sexual pleasure that confuses me. Now I know wanting to have sex outside of marriage is bad, but where I'm confused is the sexual pleasure portion. What is that exactly? Hypothetical situation, let's say that you're walking down the street or watching t.v. or a movie and a beautiful woman catches your eye, would it be a sin to look at her and enjoy the pleasure it gives you

It depends on who you worship. If you worship the jealous god, then it is a sin to lust after anything else but him. However if you one the One who loves you, there is no limit to the lust you can fill your eyes and body with.
Re: What Exactly Is Lust ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 26, 2012
Na wa o. Christians can be so funny. Like I said in another ridiculous thread, they love to eat their cake and have it.
U want to be labeled as righteous and holy yet u still want to enjoy like sinners.

Don't u read your bible at all? Can't u remember the place Jesus said doing that was adultery itself?

U people should start reading ur bible nah. I'm getting tired spelling everything for u.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife And I. / Who Do Atheist Worship / Rccg Open Heavens Devotional Wednesday 30 January 2013 The Anointing Compared By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.