Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (24626 Views)

Nigerian Dragons Den Help / Uba & The Dragons Den Tussle. / Dragons Den Nigeria: A Timely & Worthy Gesture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by ADGIVER: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
she has what it takes to make impact like her late father. please stop picking at her LOSERS.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by pato405(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
gtrust: Walai!
When I saw the topic I quickly rushed to open it because I thought she was an INVESTOR
on the show and my mind was set that way.

Now, that it is different, I have no comment

26,000,000 naira and Abiola I'm not sure now.
In short, I'm a bit confused now.
Initially I thought people were talking about 260 Billion Naira!

Can someone tell me why she cannot be on the other-side

though I tried so hard to resist commenting on this post but this quote just cracked mi up! grin grin grin grin. dude not kidding now, you've got caustic wit. people like you can NEVER be impressed by what others do, no mater how much they try. grin. again, to speculate that the stake involved would be =N=260 bil is another witty banter. why not $ 260 trillion. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by munaco: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
nigerian with the thief thief style of thinking. we need to grow up. even person wey no chop go just come to this NL dey open there yeye mouth. just listen to the woman and score her and not how much money her late father have.she did great.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Can someone please tell me what this girl has done that is so ground breaking?

first of all look at her background - she attended a private girl's secondary school in london, she then went on to study law at Oxford, she eventually practised as a barrister in a prestigious chambers, now i wonder how much of this was down to her late father's connections or her own hard work?

This girl is only where she is today because of MKO Abiola who was nothing more than a criminal coup plotter who is largely responsible for the sh.it state that nigeria is in today.

Do you seriously think the average nigerian will ever get the kind of opportunities that this girl has been given in life, despite the fact that Abiola had more children and wives than he could count he still made sure all of them were provided for, this is why this girl was able to get a fancy education in one of the most prestigious universities in the world, this girl's education was paid for with looted funds which has now given her the kind of opportunities in life that many nigerians can only dream about.

Many of you seem to have very short memories and have completely forgotten the ITT fiasco that her father created which led to nigeria being the only oil rich nation without a properly functioning telecommunication system for over 20 years.

Instead of people on this forum to see this girl for what she is ie the child of one of nigeria's most prolific criminals who is only where she is because of all the money her father looted many of you heap praises on her as if she has done something extraordinary.
Abiola was an unmitigated criminal who colluded with the likes of IBB and other bandits that have destroyed nigeria and therefore i cannot understand why so much praise is being heaped on a young woman whose education was paid for with looted money.

The part that really got me was when she regaled those dragons with that fake story about her father being all about democracy and how he was detained and then murdered by the powers that be in nigeria - she forgot to mention the role that he and IBB played in removing buhari from power and placing nigeria on a downward economic spiral that we are yet to recover from.

dont get me wrong i admire hard work and graft but to say that someone who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth is where she is based purely on hard work is stretching the truth, had this girl come from a poor or even average background and worked her way to the top i would understand but not someone who all throughout her life only needs to mention her father's name and doors are instantly opened.

4 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by jimjones: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
advocate666: We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

This is Chief MKO Abiola himself. The Bill Gates of yorubaland.
ITT Vice President, Africa and Middle-East
Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
Conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

The Aare Ona Kakanfo of yorubaland.

What happenned to all the family money? Yoruba PEOPLE!

His daughter is begging for £50000 in UK.
Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.

there goes one of the nigerians el-rufai was referring to in his tweet. farkin depressing.
here's a young lady trying to make something of herself....trying to build something like her father did. but no, you'd rather she stood in line waiting to receive a slice of the pie her father left behind...completely ignorant of the fact that abiola has hordes of children...much much older and less intelligent than her, who would love nothing more than 'scheist' all the wealth for themselves.
if her father was alive, he'd be an deadhead not to support his daughter's ambitions to build something of her own. but hey, you mr op are a deadhead, so i dont expect you to have the ability to think...talking about..."wont even buy a good 4x4." christ!

fvck, some of those companies went under even before i was born.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Maestronaija(m): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
cap28: Can someone please tell me what this girl has done that is so ground breaking?

first of all look at her background - she attended a private girl's secondary school in london, she then went on to study law at Oxford, she eventually practised as a barrister in a prestigious chambers, now i wonder how much of this was down to her late father's connections or her own hard work?

This girl is only where she is today because of MKO Abiola who was nothing more than a criminal coup plotter who is largely responsible for the sh.it state that nigeria is in today.

Do you seriously think the average nigerian will ever get the kind of opportunities that this girl has been given in life, despite the fact that Abiola had more children and wives than he could count he still made sure all of them were provided for, this is why this girl was able to get a fancy education in one of the most prestigious universities in the world, this girl's education was paid for with looted funds which has now given her the kind of opportunities in life that many nigerians can only dream about.

Many of you seem to have very short memories and have completely forgotten the ITT fiasco that her father created which led to nigeria being the only oil rich nation without a properly functioning telecommunication system for over 20 years.

Instead of people on this forum to see this girl for what she is ie the child of one of nigeria's most prolific criminals who is only where she is because of all the money her father looted many of you heap praises on her as if she has done something extraordinary.
Abiola was an unmitigated criminal who colluded with the likes of IBB and other bandits that have destroyed nigeria and therefore i cannot understand why so much praise is being heaped on a young woman whose education was paid for with looted money.

The part that really got me was when she regaled those dragons with that fake story about her father being all about democracy and how he was detained and then murdered by the powers that be in nigeria - she forgot to mention the role that he and IBB played in removing buhari from power and placing nigeria on a downward economic spiral that we are yet to recover from.

dont get me wrong i admire hard work and graft but to say that someone who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth is where she is based purely on hard work is stretching the truth, had this girl come from a poor or even average background and worked her way to the top i would understand but not someone who all throughout her life only needs to mention her father's name and doors are instantly opened.

God bless u....

a girl of her status dat combined beauty wt brain!!!!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Maestronaija:

God bless u....

a girl of her status dat combined beauty wt brain!!!!

sounds like you didnt understand what i wrote.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
4ler: What most people do not understand is that majority of people that go on dragons den dont go to beg for money. Obviously, there are several ways that she could have raised triple that amount without help from any individual. Getting one of those guys as a business partner is far worth more than £1m. What that business will generate in one month with Peter Jones as a "partner" will be 50 times greater than what she will make working alone for 5 years. She wasnt begging for money... far from it.

True. I still remember how after Peter Jones & Richard Farleigh invested in Reggae Reggae sauce of Levi Roots and with a call to Sainsbury's chairman turned the life of Levi around forever - it was never about the £50,000 invested alone, it was the doors that Peter's network opened for Levi and his product. Nigeria has a lot of shallow minds.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
cap28: Can someone please tell me what this girl has done that is so ground breaking?

If Nigeria were to get 24/7 electricity, it would be the likes of you who would come up with saying "afterall the electricity supply is low current and not the same as UK or USA.." You're not only reckless in pointing out that because she had a good education and priviledged background, she therefore does not qualify to make a mark of her own in life. You're simply d.a.f.t

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Paentera:

If Nigeria were to get 24/7 electricity, it would be the likes of you who would come up with saying "afterall the electricity supply is low current and not the same as UK or USA.." You're not only reckless in pointing out that because she had a good education and priviledged background, she therefore does not qualify to make a mark of her own in life. You're simply d.a.f.t

and people like you remind of just how low the iq of the average nigerian is - rather than deal with the most glaring problem that is staring you in the face ie a govt made up of bandits who have been ra.ping you up the ar.se for the past 52 years you rather spend your time kissing the ar.ses of their children - shame on you for being such a mo.ron.

4 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.
nice quote dude tnx
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
cap28:

and people like you remind of just how low the iq of the average nigerian is - rather than deal with the most glaring problem that is staring you in the face ie a govt made up of bandits who have been ra.ping you up the ar.se for the past 52 years you rather spend your time kissing the ar.ses of their children - shame on you for being such a mo.ron.

You're a nice excuse for wasted human space on earth
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
cap28:

A Nigerian is being commended for raising capital on a UK programme and rather than think the same way those who invested did and saw opportunity, no, you keep seeing the hunger your imagined oppressors make you go through every stinking day of your miserable life. You keep digging deeper into the pit you have created for your cretinous self which is made worse by your narcissistic and pessimistic tendencies yet you blame it on Nigerian leaders. I pity you and your victim-thinking generation and lineage. Anuofia! Abeg shift make better people see road for inspiration.

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Baba1010: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Still trying to figure out why some clueless Nigerians love to "Throw out the baby with the bath water". Here is a sis who has not only identified a problem but also proffering a solution while taking on the best minds to ensure the success of her idea, yet all some brainless Lilliputian's' can do here is to term it begging and still tarnish the family's image....smh for hopeless peeps sha.

Has your poor mind (at her age) been able to conceive or identify JUST ONE problem that needs to be solved not alone provide a solution or you are still waiting on the Nigerian govt as most people do?

El-rufai wasn't wrong after-all, some have been able to overcome the laziness of reading/watching but the immediate hurdle is been able to reflect or what has been read or seen.

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
cap28 i don't know that history so can't say i agree or disagree with ur post - however for this young lady to claim her mother had nothing is really clouding the truth - my parents knew the family and they were not poor, she is extremely well spoken so has beneffited from a very very very good education and any one that knows how the class system works in the UK be u black white green or yellow the type of school and uni u go to opens door for you.

i admire her for what she has done - its not everyone that has that courage and drive but to try and claim poverty is really making me laugh

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by EagleNest(m): 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
For me, Dupsy Abiola performance at the Dragon's Den was super!
Very very fantastic!

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2012
Paentera:

A Nigerian is being commended for raising capital on a UK programme and rather than think the same way those who invested did and saw opportunity, no, you keep seeing the hunger your imagined oppressors make you go through every stinking day of your miserable life. You keep digging deeper into the pit you have created for your cretinous self which is made worse by your narcissistic and pessimistic tendencies yet you blame it on Nigerian leaders. I pity you and your victim-thinking generation and lineage. Anuofia! Abeg shift make better people see road for inspiration.

Listen to how dumb and brainwashed you are.

does this girl represent the average nigerian? does the average nigerian resident in the UK attend a fee paying secondary school and go on to Oxford University you dullard? Are you aware that the schools you attend in the UK determine your level of success in this country? attendance at an elite school in the western world guarantees success but entry into those schools is reserved mainly for children of the rich.

Is there anything more pathetic than an oppressed person kissing the ar.se of the very people who opress him?

Neither your nor your children will ever have the opportunities that this girl and her family have been given in life because people like her late father have mortgaged your future and the future of your grandchildren to the western banks and multinationals but hey dont let me stop you in your hero worshipping - the sad thing is that these people that you worship couldnt give a sh.it about you.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 12:22am On Oct 27, 2012
cap28:

Listen to how dumb and brainwashed you are.

does this girl represent the average nigerian? does the average nigerian resident in the UK attend a fee paying secondary school and go on to Oxford University you dullard? Are you aware that the schools you attend in the UK determine your level of success in this country? attendance at an elite school in the western world guarantees success but entry into those schools is reserved mainly for children of the rich.

Is there anything more pathetic than an oppressed person kissing the ar.se of the very people who opress him?

Neither your nor your children will ever have the opportunities that this girl and her family have been given in life because people like her late father have mortgaged your future and the future of your grandchildren to the western banks and multinationals but hey dont let me stop you in your hero worshipping - the sad thing is that these people that you worship couldnt give a sh.it about you.

For your information, I run 2 successful companies - far successful than you will ever imagine in your wildest dreams. I value success and I celebrate it. Don't even let us argue further, it is why you remain who you are.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 12:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Paentera:

For your information, I run 2 successful companies - far successful than you will ever imagine in your wildest dreams. I value success and I celebrate it. Don't even let us argue further, it is why you remain who you are.

success is relative, what is successful to you might not be success to me, and we all know that in nigeria you can be a millionaire today and tomorrow a homeless beggar because nigeria is built on a very unstable foundation thats why many of us who live in the west are very reluctant to return home to such a chaotic system.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 12:38am On Oct 27, 2012
cotton101: cap28 i don't know that history so can't say i agree or disagree with ur post - however for this young lady to claim her mother had nothing is really clouding the truth - my parents knew the family and they were not poor, she is extremely well spoken so has beneffited from a very very very good education and any one that knows how the class system works in the UK be u black white green or yellow the type of school and uni u go to opens door for you.

i admire her for what she has done - its not everyone that has that courage and drive but to try and claim poverty is really making me laugh

thank you - how many nigerian single parents with 6 children can afford to live in hampstead garden suburbs, send their children to fee paying secondary schools and then pay for them to go to Oxford University? and she has the audacity to claim that her mother had nothing? One thing i know about rich people is that they always provide for their children, Abiola had so many houses in the most expensive parts of london all paid for with looted money, all of his children had their education funded with looted money and yet this girl is trying to insult the intelligence of nigerians by claiming that her mother was some poor single mother struggling on a pittance to bring up 6 children - please!

she is where she is because of her father - there are no two ways about it - when Abiola died did his business contacts die, in this world its not about what you know but who you know, do you think she would be where she is without her late father's contacts and business connections?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by obowunmi(m): 12:55am On Oct 27, 2012
Cap28 is on point. Most Nigerians suffer from amnesia.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by zumbigbo(m): 12:55am On Oct 27, 2012

I was hearing you out until you started to floss success. Whether you run a FTSE 100 listed company or shine shoes for a living is irrelevant to the discussion. She is not to blame for the family she is born into, none of us have control over that, however she has benefited from her father's corruption. This should not be celebrated. I'd rather celebrate the mother getting up at 3am in the morning to make bread in Mushin.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 1:05am On Oct 27, 2012
zumbigbo: For your information, I run 2 successful companies - far successful than you will ever imagine in your wildest dreams. I value success and I celebrate it. Don't even let us argue further, it is why you remain who you are.

I was hearing you out until you started to floss success. Whether you run a FTSE 100 listed company or shine shoes for a living is irrelevant to the discussion. She is not to blame for the family she is born into, none of us have control over that, however she has benefited from her father's corruption. This should not be celebrated. I'd rather celebrate the mother getting up at 3am in the morning to make bread in Mushin.

If I decide to floss success and you don't, that can't be my headache. This lady has pulled herself up the bootstraps to attract investment rather than secure for herself in life a cozy wine sipping lifestyle, and here we are disparaging her efforts. Haterz...jeez....

Now we talk about her father's corruption - in a few years time, people like you will accuse Dangote also of corruption leading to his present success right? Biko shift make we celebrate her.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by iconaus: 1:15am On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=cap28]Can someone please tell me what this girl has done that is so ground breaking?

Man! u re on point . Some people are too smart . U just opened another meaningful angle to this thread or debate . If she is an ordinary girl from unknown family is laudable. Ur thread is the best so far. U actually engaged this thread constructively and in a more unnigerian approach. Kudos

@ Cap28
Man! u re smart . U opened up another angle to this debate . U engaged this thread constructively in an unnigerian approach . U re right , if this lady had come from a poor background it is laudable . Given her background is not a big deal . It is expected . I dont want to dwell on the looting part by her father unfortunately thats nigeria way. Kudos cap28.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by iconaus: 1:16am On Oct 27, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Whao! i dont know Abiola had this kind if CV.

Whao! i dont know Abiola had this kind of CV
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 1:25am On Oct 27, 2012
Paentera:

If I decide to floss success and you don't, that can't be my headache. This lady has pulled herself up the bootstraps to attract investment rather than secure for herself in life a cozy wine sipping lifestyle, and here we are disparaging her efforts. Haterz...jeez....

Now we talk about her father's corruption - in a few years time, people like you will accuse Dangote also of corruption leading to his present success right? Biko shift make we celebrate her.

It appears that you dont understand the meaning of the phrase "to pull oneself up by their bootstraps" - you pull yourself up by your bootstraps when the odds are stacked against you and when it seems almost impossible for you to overcome those odds due to circumstances outside your control - can you explain how the child of a man who looted millions from nigeria, attended elite institutions all paid for with the same looted funds can be described as someone overcoming huge obstacles in order to attain a position of success?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 27, 2012
I personally suspect that IBB stole Abiola's businesses and assets in Nigeria after they fell out and Abiola fled Nigeria.
In any case it is popularly believed that Abiola did not make his money honestly and got rich on the back of corrupt practices with NIGERIA's MONEY

I am however, very impressed by the young lady. She is ifinitely better spoken that than her father grin

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by zumbigbo(m): 1:34am On Oct 27, 2012
It appears that you dont understand the meaning of the phrase "to pull oneself up by their bootstraps" - you pull yourself up by your bootstraps when the odds are stacked against you and when it seems almost impossible for you to overcome those odds due to circumstances outside your control - can you explain how the child of a man who looted millions from nigeria, attended elite institutions all paid for with the same looted funds can be described as someone overcoming huge obstacles in order to attain a position of success?

Don't mind that poster - you are asking for critical thought and objectivity from a person that is locked into a 'success and haterz mindset'. When they mature and see past $$$$ - things will begin to change. Until that time, it will just be 'all that glitters is gold' nonsense.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 1:43am On Oct 27, 2012
icon aus:

Man! u re on point . Some people are too smart . U just opened another meaningful angle to this thread or debate . If she is an ordinary girl from unknown family is laudable. Ur thread is the best so far. U actually engaged this thread constructively and in a more unnigerian approach. Kudos

cheers bro - research Abiola's background and you will discover that this man was a close friend of IBB and even Abacha - he financed the military coup that overthrew Buhari in 1985, Buhari was trying to steer Nigeria in the right direction - Abiola was a traitor and a criminal this is why yoruba people do not like him and even in death they did not want Unilag named after him because they knew what he stood for - this girl is reaping the benefits of her father's ill gotten wealth at the expense of many nigerians who are living in poverty and misery, many nigerians will never get the chance to live the life she is living due to the mass looting that her father and other nigerian bandit politicians subjected nigeria to.

do you know that she lives in a very expensive part of central london - marylebone - this is an area of london where only millionaires and celebrities live eg people like madonna.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Paentera(m): 1:52am On Oct 27, 2012
cap28:

Don't misquote me to suit your agenda. Here's my quote again for your understanding and for others like you - "...lady has pulled herself up the bootstraps to attract investment rather than secure for herself in life a cozy wine sipping lifestyle..." attracting the type of investment she has from the Dragons like you and I know is not a piece of cake and that is exactly what I referred to in that. She prepared her pitch, executed the start up stage of her business to attract funding and have a good proposition and got the funding! Do you think that is easy? If it was that easy, the Dragons wouldn't keep saying "I'm out.." from the several proposals put across to them and brought to screens across the UK week in week out.

She raised funding like many other businesses do all around the world - the difference in her case is because it is brought live into our homes thus the reason you can despise her. I cannot tell her story and I hold no fort for her background. All I can tell is that just like Levi Roots (a nobody with only £20 to his name) who was given a shot at success on this same show with a wonderful product, this lady came forward, presented a viable service/platform and got funding for it. She has her life to live and I wish her well in her endeavour with this and many more who will present ideas and get funding to employ those who need jobs. Sigh, I can go on and on, but really, you lot cannot be satisfied. She went to elite school, it is her late father's doing, she came on Dragon's Den to raise money, it is also her late father's doing. Na wa is all I can say!

NB: The meaning of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps is also defined here - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/290800.html its as simple as "improving your own situation by your own efforts" and not some more romantic definition.

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 27, 2012
I shed some tears for her, when she talked about how Abiola died in prison.

She seems to be very bright indeed and appears to have a burning desire to continue her father's legacy and maybe even his unfulfilled ambitions.

Do not be surprised if you see this young lady eventually contesting to become Nigeria' first female president one day.

Having said that, I hate the role her father played in sponsoring miliary coup that overthrew Buhari which set Nigeria back with 8years of misrule from IBB.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 2:24am On Oct 27, 2012
Paentera:

Don't misquote me to suit your agenda. Here's my quote again for your understanding and for others like you - "...lady has pulled herself up the bootstraps to attract investment rather than secure for herself in life a cozy wine sipping lifestyle..." attracting the type of investment she has from the Dragons like you and I know is not a piece of cake and that is exactly what I referred to in that. She prepared her pitch, executed the start up stage of her business to attract funding and have a good proposition and got the funding! Do you think that is easy? If it was that easy, the Dragons wouldn't keep saying "I'm out.." from the several proposals put across to them and brought to screens across the UK week in week out.

She raised funding like many other businesses do all around the world - the difference in her case is because it is brought live into our homes thus the reason you can despise her. I cannot tell her story and I hold no fort for her background. All I can tell is that just like Levi Roots (a nobody with only £20 to his name) who was given a shot at success on this same show with a wonderful product, this lady came forward, presented a viable service/platform and got funding for it. She has her life to live and I wish her well in her endeavour with this and many more who will present ideas and get funding to employ those who need jobs. Sigh, I can go on and on, but really, you lot cannot be satisfied. She went to elite school, it is her late father's doing, she came on Dragon's Den to raise money, it is also her late father's doing. Na wa is all I can say!

NB: The meaning of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps is also defined here - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/290800.html its as simple as "improving your own situation by your own efforts" and not some more romantic definition.

Has it occurred to you that tv is all about entertainment and drawing in viewers?

dragon's den is just another form of entertainment just like so much stuff thats on tv - its objective is not meant to educate or inform but to titillate you, to evoke a certain type of reaction from you, its also aimed at conditioning you in a very subtle way, therefore to base any constructive thought on a tv programme in my opinion is very naive. There is nothing genuine about this programme or the so called investors - at the end of the day the programme's objective is to draw in as many viewers as possible in order to increase the volume of viewers thereby justifying further productions and of course money for the producers - how do you know whether the applicants are not speakign from prepared scripts? how do you know whether everything that the dragons say is scripted ? I find it really strange that the investors were so interested in her family background because they never usually are with the other applicants, perhaps this was just another way to make this particular episode more interesting. we now know that most of the so called reality shows are scripted and set up so why would this one be any different, tv is one of the most powerful mediums used in the western world to condition and control the mode of thinking of western populations, it is so powerful that some people can not distinguish between real life and tv and very often you find many people here in the west acting out what they see on tv due to the relentless brainwashing that they are fed day in and day out.

by the way Levi Roots' reggae reggae sauce is poison - i bought a few bottles in tescos and its absolutely disgusting so i have no idea who is actually buying that crap - which begs the question who in their right mind would invest in a product that bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates / Top 10 Korean Words You'll Always Hear In A Kdrama / Kechi Okwuchi Is A Finalist On America's Got Talent 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.