Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Ethical Way Of Reducing Population - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ethical Way Of Reducing Population (714 Views)

New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by engrtee(f): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
D major problem in nigeria and d entire world is high population.what are d ways of reducing the population ethicaly?
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by seunmustwac: 5:28am On Oct 27, 2012
Since when did you become aluminati? they are the ones bothered so much, followed by the government,
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by italo: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2012
engrtee: D major problem in nigeria and d entire world is high population.what are d ways of reducing the population ethicaly?

The major problem in Nigeria and the entire world is not high population.

But if you must seek ways to control birth (if that's what you mean), use Natural Family Planning.

Don't kill God's children or block the channel God has provided for them to come into the world and share in his love.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by seunmustwac: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2012
^^^Are you a catholic mayhaps?
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by italo: 11:00am On Oct 27, 2012
seunmustwac: ^^^Are you a catholic mayhaps?

You figured. Yes.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by pastormustwacc: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2012
I understand, i was a catholic. In fact, i know so many doctrines in my head - from islam through catholic to several pentecostal churches to church of satan to aluminati.

It is like this: know your enemies, know your neighbours, know your friends, know your family. Not in any particular order.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by tobechi20(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2012

wat concern catholic with d question?
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by tobechi20(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by pastormustwacc: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2012
tobechi20:

wat concern catholic with d question?
Catholics have some doctrines which says that artificial means should never be used to reduce/control populations. And this is the reason i think that catholic families tend to have a lot of children - as they dont believe in family planning stuffs.

I have a friend whose mother had "16 children", another 12, 8 in that order. I am not God, but i am not planning to have up to that sha. I believe man is in control of his destiny, and that it is wrong to bring a child into the world to suffer.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by italo: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Catholics have some doctrines which says that artificial means should never be used to reduce/control populations. And this is the reason i think that catholic families tend to have a lot of children - as they dont believe in family planning stuffs.

We believe in 'NATURAL Family Planning'

pastormustwacc: I have a friend whose mother had "16 children", another 12, 8 in that order. I am not God, but i am not planning to have up to that sha. I believe man is in control of his destiny, and that it is wrong to bring a child into the world to suffer.

Do you believe it is right to use condoms and contraception?
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by pastormustwacc: 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
italo:

We believe in 'NATURAL Family Planning'

Do you believe it is right to use condoms and contraception?
I do, but only for the right reasons. As long as it does not defile you, you are fine. But if you are a catholic, i advise you to follow your church doctrines so you will not have a double-mind.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by italo: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
I will recommend you read this link: http://www.catholic.com/tracts/birth-control with an open mind (though I know that would be a miracle) and tell me if you still think contraception is okay.
Re: Ethical Way Of Reducing Population by pastormustwacc: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
I come from a conc catholic background, and i am medical doctor. But i read the link all the same. Nothing new to me, my stand still remains.

I cannot bind myself with catholic doctrines, even when i was a conc catholic member, talkless of now. but if it works for you fine = Be it unto you, according to your words.

(1) (Reply)

The Missing Years Of Jesus. / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Search For Truth!!!!!!!!!! Part1 / THE experience of fervent Effort put forward Trying to lead someone to christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.