Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

9 Secrets Of Longevity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Secrets Of Longevity (13287 Views)

How To Live To 100: This Town May Hold The Secrets Of Longevity / World's Oldest Man Reveals Sectret Of Longevity- One Aspirin A Day / The Secret Of Longevity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2012
For anyone wishing to live forever, or close to it, here are some tips.

-----

9 Secrets of Longevity

As Buettner and his team studied the Blue Zones, they identified nine common traits shared by those communities where people live longer. He was surprised that it wasn’t only food and lifestyle, but also creating a most beneficial environment. Here’s a look at these longevity-boosting traits, known as the “Power of 9.:

1. Move naturally. “Do your own house and yard work, go up and down your stairs with your laundry, knead your own dough,” Buettner advises. “Incorporate more movement every hour.”

2. Know your purpose. “Take time to recognize your values, strengths, talents, passions and gifts,” Buettner says. Reflect, and work on yourself.

3. Down shift. Relieve chronic stress by finding time each day to nap, meditate or pray.

4. The 80% rule. Cut 20 percent of your daily calories with proven healthy practices: eat a big breakfast, dine with your family, and begin each meal by expressing appreciation.

5. Plant slant. Eat mostly plant-based foods, and small portions of meat no more than twice a week.

6. Wine at 5. Drinkers live longer than non-drinkers. This longevity tip had one exception: those in the Loma Linda Blue Zone were Seventh Day Adventists, who abstain from alcohol.

7. Family first. Living in a loving, thriving family can add up to six years to your life. Work on a positive, committed relationship and stay close to your aging parents and grandparents.

8. Belong. “Those with the most social connectedness tend to live longer,” Buettner says. Be part of a group of healthy-minded, supportive people.

9. Right tribe. Good friends have a positive effect on your longevity. Support them and adopt healthy behaviors together.

For More On Bluezones: Where People "Forget to Die"

3 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by firestar(f): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2012
[size=18pt]Word![/size]
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Emmy9ite(m): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2012
This wont save you from an auto crash! Live your life like today's gonna be your last. Word!

8 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
Good one OP...and i will add,from God's Word;
10.Honour your father and your mother so that you may live long in the land the Lord your GOD is giving you(Exodus 20:12)

14 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by acidtalk: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
A man won't live a second more than when his Creator has ordained him to die.

Levi ajonomah, Dagrin, Pastor Bimbo, and others probably did all this and more but they all worked up to there death.

Just live your life and remain true to yourself. Death can come at just any time.

7 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by emyibe(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
Emmy9ite: This wont save you from an auto crash! Live your life like today's gonna be your last. Word!
GBAM!!! Na your papa born you

1 Like

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
Which type of wine pls Not ogogoro and the likes sha grin
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Redmosquito(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
Minion: Ur Wickedness! What is the secret of longevity?
Hades: Young one! As I always say, live life to the fullest. A 30 yr old can live fuller than a 90yr old
Minion: My King! Ur Wisdom is distorted undecided

7 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Iaz93: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
These won't save you from a plane crash too...
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by candieangel12(f): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
10. Smoke a blunt a day cool

1 Like

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Iaz93: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Wickedness! What is the secret of longevity?
Hades: Young one! As I always say, live life to the fullest. A 30 yr old can live fuller than a 90yr old
LOL... Really really distorted

1 Like

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
jammyng: Which type of wine pls Not ogogoro and the likes sha grin
RED GRAPE WINE
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Iaz93: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nice sha
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
WORD...dude,i dey feel your creativity

7 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by otokx(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
Is this really a secret?
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by belovedaja(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
Emmy9ite: This wont save you from an auto crash! Live your life like today's gonna be your last. Word!
i assure you it will
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Khayordhe: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
Owkie o....if u say so
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Coldfeet(f): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
NUMBER 10 Eat your GARRI with lots of vegetables angryangry and don't ban people from expressing their love for GARRI!!! Accept the GARRI lovers on Nairaland they are your customers you know? Keep banning them and they may just leave you for another.
I hereby welcome myself back from Mukina2's village where I have been enjoying soaked ijebu garri with kulikuli and I look forward to going back there!! Hmm! GARRI FOREVER!!!!!!angryangryangryangry

8 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Foxflames: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
I do not agree with 5. In fact you should eat more meat!
The key to longer life is have a low calorie diet!
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Patdedon(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2012

You add a special flavour to NL. Thumbs up!
@op, nice post

2 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by yuzedo: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Iaz93: These won't save you from a plane crash too...
hahah! No mind dem..
Punny gives long life too tho! Long life and prosperity, hi-pi-pi, hurray! undecided
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Vicmareal: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
binger: WORD...dude,i dey feel your creativity
Redmosquito I salute ur creativity. Do u know I often look out for your comment(d style) anytym an Issue is raised. Kip it up!

1 Like

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Walexz02(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ok. I don hear...
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Coldfeet: NUMBER 10 Eat your GARRI with lots of vegetables angryangry and don't ban people from expressing their love for GARRI!!! Accept the GARRI lovers on Nairaland they are your customers you know? Keep banning them and they may just leave you for another.
I hereby welcome myself back from Mukina2's village where I have been enjoying soaked ijebu garri with kulikuli and I look forward to going back there!! Hmm! GARRI FOREVER!!!!!!angryangryangryangry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by PehaKaso: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2012
firestar: [size=18pt]Word![/size]
They wont save u if u stil live in Boko territories :/sad
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Iaz93: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2012
yuzedo:
hahah! No mind dem..
Punny gives long life too tho! Long life and prosperity, hi-pi-pi, hurray! undecided
true talk...and it kills too sha
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Redmosquito(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
Vicmareal: Redmosquito I salute ur creativity. Do u know I often look out for your comment(d style) anytym an Issue is raised. Kip it up!
Redmosquito: I actually looked through the dictionary for anytym. Then I was like wtf! grin
But see as praise plenty no single like! Chai!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by markus1133: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
thanksss ;p
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
If you like drink champagne,or fruit wine everyday....one thing is certain
Death is the only Debt we can never pay back

Live your life cuz no one knows 2 marrow
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Contrary to media propaganda on smoking, nothing makes you live longer than smoking. below is my list of chain smokers and their age.

1. late President Lansana Conte of Guinea republic, (1934-2008)74yrs
2. Zhang Shuqing, a centenarian in Pixian, Sichuan, China (still alive) 100yrs
3. Levi Celerio from philipine, a song write who wrote lyrics for more than 4,000 folk, Christmas and love songs,he died at the age of 91yrs.
4. Billy Wilder, Hollywood director 6-time Oscar winner directed such classics as "Some Like It Hot" and "Sunset Boulevard" died at age 95yrs
5. Gregorio Fuentes, a famous fisherman from Cojimar, Cuba died at 104yrs.
6. Wencelao Moreno, American television personality porpularly known as Senor Wences of the "Ed Sullivan Show" died at 103yrs
7. Mme Jeanne Calment, from france who was listed as the world's oldest human whose birth date could be certified, died at 122yrs,
8. Britain's oldest man, George Cook, died at 108yrs in his sleep in September, l997. He "smoked heavily for 85 years
9. The Scottish Daily Record (12/15/97) reported on Ivy Leighton, 100yrs, who smoked 20 cigarettes a day for 84 years,
10. There are two men who claim to be the world's oldest living humans, but their birth dates cannot be certified. One is Ali Mohammed Hussein, who claimed to be 135yrs, of Lebanon. He "smokes like a chimney," but does not drink alcohol
another is Narayan Chaudhari, a Nepalese man who says he is 141. However, his birth date also cannot be certified. He too is a heavy smoker and says the secret of his longevity is "raw tobacco and no alcohol

finally, my grand father was a heavy smoker from the age of 15, he died in 2007 at the age of 102yrs.

for more info....links: http://www.forces.org/static_page/oldest.php
http://www.forces.org/evidence/hamilton/other/oldest.htm

4 Likes

Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by MMM2(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
I love dis smileysmileysmiley

6. Wine at 5. Drinkers live longer than non-drinkers. This longevity tip had one exception: those in the Loma Linda Blue Zone were Seventh Day Adventists, who abstain from alcohol.
Re: 9 Secrets Of Longevity by megxo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
RED MOSQUITO, MA MINION N HADES GUY.............U GET SPICE SHA wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikoyi Registry Suspends 4,000 Weddings Over COVID-19 / Good Samaritan Pays N1.2m Hospital Bills For Poor Patients In Imo State / How To Survive A Heart Attack When You Are Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.