Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State (13280 Views)

COVID-19: IGP Unveils New Operational Guidelines For The Police, Others / Guidelines For Validation Of Rapid Test Kits In Lagos / Discharge Patients Who Test Negative Once — NCDC Issues New COVID-19 Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Nemere2020: 5:22pm On May 27, 2020
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT/PRESS RELEASE

Covid-19: Osun Govt. rolls out guidelines for Burials

As part efforts to curb the spread of the deadly Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world, the state government of Osun has rolled out safety protocols to be followed during burial rites by relatives of the deceased.

For any burial in the state of Osun, henceforth, there must not be more than 20 people who must put on nose masks at the burial site. The relatives of the deceased must provide sanitizer at the venue and ensure observance of social distancing.

Families of the deceased are also expected to inform the nearest Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of the Date and Venue of the burial. The Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer ( DSNO) from the Local Government must supervise the burial.

Furthermore, the family of the deceased must write an application letter which must be accompanied by a death certificate issued by a government hospital or a letter from the Ministry of Health, signed by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Public Health, State of Osun.

The letter must state the following; the deceased’s last address, cause of death, and a pledge by the family to abide by and follow the standard regulations set to guide against COVID-19 pandemic.

Meanwhile all correspondence should be through WhatsApp number 0818 718 7678.

Any family that fails to abide by these safety protocols during the burial of their loved ones would be appropriately sanctioned.

Prince Wole Oyebamiji
Secretary to the State Government of Osun.

https://twitter.com/StateofOsun/status/1265678751448342533?s=19

2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by chatinent: 5:24pm On May 27, 2020
This businessdemic will end soon.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by weblord1900: 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
We won't die talk more of burial self..
undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Gramps: 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
Scamdemic ... How come their account is not Twitter verified

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by samuel19222(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
well, the matter don become double wahala for dead body

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by SOLMICHAEL(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
LOL! grin grin Am I the only one this is funny to!?? grin
This is the best time not to die oo grin
God no go shame us. sad

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Chineduokeanwu(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
Just wondering when this Covid-19 saga will end
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
G
This guys are really cashing out bt
They need covid19 to be around for a very long time so they can continue.. shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Caleb17: 5:29pm On May 27, 2020
Covid 19 is a funny and serious sickness. One may have it and not show the symptoms and may even recover with taking common malaria drugs because He or She has a strong immune system but the same person can go and transfer it to a person who has a weak immune system and the rest will be history.... A person that gives you Corona virus may go Scott free but you that contacted it may not especially if you have a weak immune system. The virus is almost malaria just that it is infectious. Stay safe

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by GeoandSONSLTD: 5:29pm On May 27, 2020
Yes
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Exc2000: 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
Nice one, all death must be checked properly with government death certificate issued with cause of death
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by omoiyamayor(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
First time i heard about Death certificate in Nigeria,after COVID-19,federal government should ban big parties in the country sef,its making the people poorer.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by IceLip: 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
If not, dead body fit still.........

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Horbar1: 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
May God help us.

Meanwhile the lockdown has been eased. We are now sending day old chicks to every part of the country without any hitch.

Get your day old Chicks from reputable hatcheries across the country at affordable prices.

Check my signature.
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by nanauju(f): 5:31pm On May 27, 2020
I've seen innocent Hausa men in my surroundings called "Boko Haram" just because they are Hausa...
I've seen Calabar folks trolled as "house boy" or "gateman" because of their accent...
I've seen industrious igbos called thieves and fraudsters just because of the mistakes of a few...
I've seen hardworking yorubas called corrupt just because of some in power...
I've seen sound Niger Delta fellows trolled as "militants" just because some chose to vandalize pipelines and be pirates.
The next time you scream #sayNOtoracism remember charity begins at home. All of the above is Racism too✌️

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Godliness05(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
Why make the special adviser a super hero, must he be the one to sign? What is the role of technocrats in the ministry of health. This guidelines is confusing as it is in variance to the national.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
If they like role out guide circles e concern una
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by BAVOSKI(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
Rubbish...from my governor
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by engrzico(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by OakConsultNG: 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
Okay then
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Openbusiness: 5:33pm On May 27, 2020
Official government statement from an unverified twitter account....,... Mtchwwwwww, next!
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Yello1(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2020
It isnt a gud time to die at all
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by TreasureTayo(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2020
hmmmm
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by picoba(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2020
what of a persons have up to 40 children as a Muslim.
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
weblord1900:
We won't die talk more of burial self..
undecided

Why so scared of death

Who go die , go die
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
Death certificate for those who died at home in their sleep?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Hongbenga(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 27, 2020
Yello1:
It isnt a gud time to die at all

Death is inevitable

Some people will just have to go..
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by kollinskollins(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2020
I find this strategy good
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by weblord1900: 5:40pm On May 27, 2020
Organicist95:

Why so scared of death

Who go die , go die
I'm not scared of death but I must make money and live to enjoy it first.
Re: COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State by OmoOduduwa01: 5:40pm On May 27, 2020
My State and owambe are 5 and 6....
So it's only burial rites that the government prioritize

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Enlarge Your Pennies With Your Hands Naturally / Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush / Dental Abscess: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.