Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. (1242 Views)

Wife Threatens To Kill Herself Over Husband’s Sexual Desire / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. by nerfetiti: 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
A Staten Island teen who pals said had been
relentlessly tormented by bullies leaped to her death
in front of a train yesterday as her classmates
looked on in horror.
The Huguenot Staten Island Railway station platform
was packed with fellow students from Tottenville HS
at around 3:15 when a sobbing Felicia Garcia
suddenly broke away and jumped.
She died at Staten Island University Hospital.
Her sudden death came as a shock, but friends
blamed bullying.
"She got bullied in the school, especially by the
football players, because she looked different and
had piercings," said senior Amanda Liquori.
"She wouldn't have done it if she wasn't bullied,"
another pal, Alissa Compitello, wrote on Twitter. "All
this girl wanted was to be left alone. And nobody
could do that for her."
Apparently bullying wasn't the only pain in Felicia's
life.
Gabriella Leone, whose younger sister witnessed the
incident, said Felicia, who lived in foster homes, "had
a terrible life on top of all the heartache — bullies at
school taunted her and spread rumors. I hope all
bullies get punished!"
Felicia had written online of her depression.
On her Instagram account, she had a picture of her
eyes crossed over by the word "Depressed" with the
caption, "Just because someone is smiling doesn't
make them happy."
Chancellor Dennis Walcott is in touch with the girl's
legal guardian, according to Department of
Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg.
Two years ago, another Tottenville HS student killed
himself at the same station.
R.I.P. Felicia, remember, it's never as bad as you think
it is. Get help, don't let bullying ruin your life.

http://www..co.uk/2012/10/bullied-new-york-15-year-old-jumps-in.html

Re: Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. by 234GT(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
Too bad, but children should be encouraged to speak out when they are bullied. This will enable them get help. RIP!
Re: Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Not only kids bully, grown a**ss folks do too.

RIP
Re: Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. by SisiKill1: 4:02am On Oct 28, 2012
After the major press Amanda Todd got after her suicide, I knew it won't be long before we saw a rash of teen suicides.

I am not against fighting against bullies, but I would rather it was done BEFORE these kids kill them because this immortalization after their suicides only leads to more suicides.
Re: Bullied New York 15-year-old Jumps In Front Of Train To Kill Herself. by ifyalways(f): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2012
^very true!
The idea of "I would be remembered forever, the bullies would live with the guilt of my death etc" would offer them that "its OK/you've got a reason afterall" feeling.

Too bad.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Terrible: 13-year-old Girl Kills Her 2-year-old Sister / SUICIDE!! The Idea Is Tempting, Somebody Convince Her Not To / I Need Financial Blessing Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.