Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan (7618 Views)

Nassarawa Lawmakers In Free For All Fight / Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / LASTMA Official In Free-For-All Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
There was a post Sallah prayers free for all between members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) and some members of the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) in Ibadan Friday.

THISDAY checks revealed that the fracas took the intervention of the Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland, Alhaji AbdulAzeez Arisekola in whose private residence the fracas ensued to broker peace.

Sources hinted that pandemonium ensued when the PDP stalwarts in company of the former Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin and Azeem Gbolarunmi stormed the Islamic chief's residence after the Sallah prayers at the Agodi Eid praying ground singing the praises of their party while the state governor, Abiola Ajimobi was on seat.

It was learnt that one of the promoters of the pro-PDP song who sat behind the chairman of the NURTW, Taofeek Ayorinde Fele was told to stop the song as it was politically offensive, but the advice was spurned.

Fele who became infuriated by the action was reported to have slapped the PDP stalwart on the chest, prompting his NURTW members who were at the residence to pounce on the PDP stalwarts beating and clubbing them out of the place.

Arisekola who was not happy with the trend reportedly mounted one of the tables in his sitting room to call the warring parties to order and directed them to leave his house. In the ensuring fisticuffs, no fewer than 20 persons were injured while all PDP supporters were severely beaten by the NURTW boys.

Shortly after the incident, the caretaker chairman of the NURTW led his boys to the Agodi government house where Ajimobi counselled them against taking laws into their hands and vowed that he would not hesitate to ban the union if they would engage in street fight.

In his reaction, Folarin denied that his party men precipitated the crisis, clarifying that his supporters were at Arisekola residence to felicitate with him on Sallah.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210270421.html
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
Africas Largest political party in action cheesy

And someone is praying for the return of PDP is S/West.
GOD forbid

2 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by emiye(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
It runs in their blood.

I stated this phenomenon about PDP and Oyo state in a thread some few days ago, one of their online touts told me i am speaking sentiments.
https://www.nairaland.com/1080624/mimiko-wins-ondo-gubernatorial-poll/8#12648267
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 4:05am On Oct 28, 2012
emiye: It runs in their blood...

You might be correct
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2012
May we never witness PDP in the SW again

7 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by NegroNtns(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2012
Pdp are thugs...dem don come again to disturb and disrupt peaceful atmosphere in motor parks. Bunch of touts !
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by blueheart(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2012
not sure this news is as serious as itz being made out to be. Am in ibadan & their is nothing of such, probably just an arguement. IB folks are still chewin Sallah meat n guzzling ogogoro nah
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by kennytidistar(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2012
who cooked this story? cheap propaganda, ACN @ work.

2 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by RoyalRoy(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2012
blueheart: not sure this news is as serious as itz being made out to be. Am in ibadan & their is nothing of such, probably just an arguement. IB folks are still chewin Sallah meat n guzzling ogogoro nah

It happened two days back. It wasn't a free for all. The NURTW just ordered the PDP guys out of the compound and a few of the PDP guys who tried to resist were beaten and chased out. It didn't extend beyond the location of Arisekola's compound.

1 Like

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by blueheart(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2012
Royal Roy:

It happened two days back. It wasn't a free for all. The NURTW just ordered the PDP guys out of the compound and a few of the PDP guys who tried to resist were beaten and chased out. It didn't extend beyond the location of Arisekola's compound.

U are right. My point exactly
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by Afam4eva(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
Is NURTW the same as ACN?

3 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by onyewec3: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ibadan,the hqtr of hooliganism,agerosim n street urchins...is dis what awolowo taught you guys?
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by JW214: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
My understanding of this story, it was a clash between the PDP supporters(Thugs) and NURTW(ACN thugs)

Shortly after the incident, the caretaker chairman of the NURTW led his boys to the Agodi government house where Ajimobi counselled them against taking laws into their hands.....

Prior to the swearing of this new govt in Oyo state and appointment of the caretaker chairman, NURTW was a functional organ of Oyo state PDP

2 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by Ninilowo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
A kii wa'ye ki a ma ni arun kan; ija igboro ni arun Ibadan. Meaning: Every one has his BUT;public disturbance is the BUT of Ibadan indigenes.

1 Like

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by jason123: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
afam4eva: Is NURTW the same as ACN?

Abeg, ask them! ACN and politics of propaganda!!!
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by trix1: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Pdp are thugs...dem don come again to disturb and disrupt peaceful atmosphere in motor parks. Bunch of touts !

Did this incident occur in a motor park? You clearly did not read the article..

From the story, NURTW was the first to throw the first blow!! PDP supporters were singing PDP praises, NURTW took offence.. Is NURTW a political party?

3 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by jason123: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
onyewec3: Ibadan,the hqtr of hooliganism,agerosim n street urchins...is dis what awolowo taught you guys?

You guys love to be hated, right?! Tribalism has eaten deep into your small skulls.

3 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by jason123: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
trix!:

Did this incident occur in a motor park? You clearly did not read the article..

From the story, NURTW was the first to throw the first blow!! PDP supporters were singing PDP praises, NURTW took offence.. Is NURTW a political party?

Can someone answer this?

2 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by sugardaddy1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
This is the only time I've ever loved NURTW members all my life. I wish other unions would follow suit and chase PDP out of this country.
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
amala politics
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by sunkoye: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
onyewec3: Ibadan,the hqtr of hooliganism,agerosim n street urchins...is dis what awolowo taught you guys?
numskull retreat....u just crossed the line!
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by davidom: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
MAY WE NEVER WITNESS ACN & PDP IN SOUTH-WEST. LP for the whole of SOUTH-WEST. FINAL.
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
davidom: MAY WE NEVER WITNESS ACN & PDP. LP for the whole of SOUTH-WEST. FINAL.

Naa, I disagree on this.
We shouldn't encourage one party region.
May be ACN and LP(balanced). As for PDP, no way.

Hey, you stole my signature wink

1 Like

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by davidom: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Paul John:

Naa, I disagree on this.
We shouldn't encourage one party region.
May be ACN and LP(balanced). As for PDP, no way.

I hate anything nor system that is undemocratic and CAN is guilty as charged. So I will rather prefer LP and independent candidate anyday.
Hey, you stole my signature wink
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by davidom: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
In as much as I have respect for Fashola,I think as bad as PDP look they are still more democratic than CAN. That's my only fault with ACN solve this then you're good.
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by alex14(m): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
Yorobbers are eternal savages by nature, animals and wild beasts.
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by salam001(m): 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
Like always the blames will go to Nigeria as a whole because it is yoruba issue,if it were to about Okorocha,this thread go don reach 20 pages,they would say igbos are not matured,now see Nurtw planking pdp people like the Aluu 4
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by salam001(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
alex_101: Yorobbers are eternal savages by nature, animals and wild beasts.
don't mind them shameless Nurtw infested south-westerners
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by blueheart(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
alex_101: Yorobbers are eternal savages by nature, animals and wild beasts.

Ur stu..pidi.ty is like Peak Milk. Its in U

6 Likes

Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by strangest(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
Most of these thugs are just after the money, today they can be PDP, ACN or whatever.. They are just after the man that pays the money...
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by shizzle11(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
dayokanu: May we never witness PDP in the SW again

Is your Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN) better than PDP?

Whichever, it wouldn't stop your 'egunje' seeking agberos and touts brethren from displaying their stupity.

They couldn't even spare a thought for the trad ruler
Re: PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
jason123:

Can someone answer this?
as far as south west politics is concerned the nurtw in a state is supposed to be loyal to the state goverment in power.since the time of lam adeshina ,ladoja ,akala.each governor always tries to bring the union to their side.becos the union controls the thugs and the thugs do always play an important role during campaign and elections

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Hosts Rortay International President / Fg’ll Complete Ongoing, Abandoned Projects, Says Fashola / Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.