Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy (6458 Views)

Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States / More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation / Images Of The Devastation By Hurricane Sandy In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by estacyresource: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
I am monitoring the progress of Hurricane Sandy as the Category 1 storm spins toward the East Coast, and we all anxiously wait to see whether it’s going to make its predicted hard left in the mid-Atlantic or hold off for a more northern landfall.

several states have declared emergencies, with tens of millions of people affected as schools are closed and transport services suspended.

Experts fear Sandy may become a super-storm when it makes landfall later.

Some election rallies have been called off, with Mr Obama warning affected citizens to take precautions.

International travel has been badly affected. Air France, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic grounded Monday's transatlantic flights to and from East Coast cities, including New York, Baltimore, Newark, Washington, Boston and Philadelphia.
Full moon

At 02:00 EDT (06:00 GMT), the storm was turning north, its eye swirling about 425 miles (760km) south-east of New York City, according to the National Hurricane Center.

With winds of 75mph, Hurricane Sandy, dubbed "Frankenstorm", is expected to bring a "life-threatening" surge flood to the mid-Atlantic coast, including Long Island Sound and New York Harbour.

The winds are expected to strengthen when Sandy makes landfall anywhere between Virginia and southern New England on Monday.

The prospect of merging with a wintry storm coming from the west during a full moon has many fearing dangerous high tides.

Sandy is some 520 miles (835km) across. It is also very slow, moving north-east at just 15mph, and could linger over as many as 12 states for 24-36 hours, bringing up to 25cm of rain, 60cm of snow, extreme storm surges and power cuts.

States of emergency have been declared in Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC and parts of North Carolina.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20119461

http://www.ecomanmade..com/
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by tpia5: 3:03am On Oct 29, 2012
hurricane every day, na wa o.

lord have mercy.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 29, 2012
Kinda tense about this....

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by eduson55(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2012
am sorry to ask,can someone tell me what hurricane is all about..abeg,make una no kill me.

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2012
Isn't this the first time it will be affecting states on the east coast? I have family in Baltimore, Maryland. I hope it won't reach there.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by tbaba1234: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Well, we are waiting for it!!

Expecting power outages soon!!
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Originakalokalo(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2012
Thank God for africa.YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO AFRICA,NIGERIA IN PARTICULAR. grin

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2012
ABEG I have just one question... Who dey give these Natural disasters names & why are they all named after women.. (Katrina, Sandy, Michelle, Andrea, e.t.c..)

Abi na so women bad reach.. #Destroyers...

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by lovejo(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2012
where did all this hurricanes get good names like sandy, thomas etc?
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by greaterlove(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2012
really serious, a total shut down in the eastern coastal regions, even the NYSE wont be trading today, and experts are saying sandy's greatest impact will be felt this evening (naija's tuesday morning). the guy below just took mountain dew. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2012
To our loved ones, family members, friends etc. in US. May God's presence be with thee, and shield you from all harms.
It is well!!!!
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by mike404(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2012
how about hurricane ike(chukwu) gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Afam4eva(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2012
O boy, this is serious oo
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by pecopeco: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2012
estacyresource: I am monitoring the progress of Hurricane Sandy as the Category 1 storm spins toward the East Coast, and we all anxiously wait to see whether it’s going to make its predicted hard left in the mid-Atlantic or hold off for a more northern landfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20119461

http://www.ecomanmade..com/
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Angel778(f): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: ABEG I have just one question... Who dey give these Natural disasters names & why are they all named after women.. (Katrina, Sandy, Michelle, Andrea, e.t.c..)

i beg no kil me with laff ooo! I stil wan chop xmas chicken lol
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Kx: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2012
Why do I have the feeling they already have the names of 2020 and beyond hurricanes?
Must all the hurricanes have sweet names from Katrina to Isaac and now Sandy?

Why dont Tornadoes, Wild fires and Windstorms have names?
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Wait has this been upgraded to a hurricane?

I thought that that by the time this lands at the east coast it will be tropical storm?

I just hope it goes through like last year and not be so bad sad.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: ABEG I have just one question... Who dey give these Natural disasters names & why are they all named after women.. (Katrina, Sandy, Michelle, Andrea, e.t.c..)

Lmao! I've tot abt the same tin too.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by highlandre(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
What an irony of sort...Europe, Asia and America have natural disasters; Africa is endowed with leadership disaster angry angry

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by dramenda(f): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2012
i have to wake up early,so scared.sometime around last year its IRENE,now SANDY.we pray God direct the monster storm back to the ocean.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2012
HER SINS HAVE REACHED UP TO THE HEAVENS AND THE LORD REWARDETH HER FOR IT. DESTROYYYYYYYYYYY BABYLONNNNNNN YAHAWAH AND THEN BRING ON WW3 SO THAT THE SAINTS CAN INHERIT THE EARTH grin

ALL THE NATIONS ARE DRUNK OF HER FORNICATIONS.

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2012
^ ?
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2012

You ended your declaration of ignorance with a lethal hateful clause against women as if you do not have a mother. Hurricane get their names from the first scientist to make an observation of the occurrence.

3 Likes

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2012
HQ: ^ ?
BOOK OF REVELATIONS. CHAPTER 17 AND 18 THAT IS wink

1 Like

Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Kx: Why do I have the feeling they already have the names of 2020 and beyond hurricanes?
Must all the hurricanes have sweet names from Katrina to Isaac and now Sandy?

Why dont Tornadoes, Wild fires and Windstorms have names?

2017 to be exact as far as they can predict
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Okijajuju1(m): 11:41am On Oct 29, 2012
Billyonaire: You ended your declaration of ignorance with a lethal hateful clause against women as if you do not have a mother. Hurricane get their names from the first scientist to make an observation of the occurrence.

Here we go again..

I simply asked a question.. 'Abi na so women bad reach #Destroyers..' .. SIMPLE QUESTION..

#TooDarnSensitive..
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by ayindetemi: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
I PRAY THAT GOD'S MERCY SHALL BE UPON USA N BE WT MY PEOPLE !!!
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by 222Martins(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
While the US battle with hurricane Sandy, we over here in Naija are battling hurricane Boko haram and hurricane ga.rri. Na wa oo.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Kx: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
222Martins: While the US battle with hurricane Sandy, we over here in Naija are battling hurricane Boko haram and hurricane ga.rri. Na wa oo.

People mention G-sulfate and they are not banned.
A mere mention of igarli from me got me a 3days ban. WHY?
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by NovusHomo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
OlowoTee: To our loved ones, family members, friends etc. in US. May God's presence be with thee, and shield you from all harms.
It is well!!!!

Very thoughtful. Thank you.
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by buchibabe: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: am sorry to ask,can someone tell me what hurricane is all about..abeg,make una no kill me.

Lol!! U don already dey take cover wen dem nevr cock dia guns finish...e be like say u really sabi how dis nairaland peeps be.e-assasins
Re: US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy by Callotti: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thank God say I don return from vacation.
The main reason I don't like to travel during the Winter months. . . .
Make we dey look. . . .
Nigerian pastors did not 'forcast' this one o! cheesy
Wey Tuberculosis Joshua?

Election week don catch faya! cry

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ROMNEY!!!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Korea Conducts Third Nuclear Test! / Meet South Sudan's Minister For Water Resources And Irrigation (photos) / Trump Denies Accusations And "Fully Retracted Claims" From Epstein Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.