Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade (5504 Views)

Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:49am On Oct 28, 2012
WITH the approval of N37.3 billion, the Delta State government yesterday indicated its intention of upgrading the Osubi Airstrip near Warri to an international airport.

The Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chike Ogeah, who disclosed this yesterday in Asaba told reporters that the decision was a resolution by the State Executive Council after two days of meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The project, when finally awarded, would be another mega scheme of the state government.

Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan stated in August that most of the projects, including the Asaba International Airport, would not be completed before he leaves office in 2015.

The Commissioner for Special Infrastructure, Orezi Esievo, who was with Ogeah explained that Osubi Airstrip upgrade contract entailed the construction of a car park, a 4km runway and other ancillary facilities.

Esievo said that the project would also include electrical works comprising runway lighting system, airfield lighting system, navigational aid control, instrument landing system, generator house, fuel tank farm, control tower and power bud station.

Currently, the state has another budding airport at the state capital, Asaba, but she defended the Warri project, saying that upgrading the airport would enable larger aircraft land there.

http://theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=8148
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:56am On Oct 28, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I dey look, I dey laugh

This government won`t stop to amaze me.....

I laugh oooo

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 28, 2012
them go pay me for design.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:59am On Oct 28, 2012
Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan stated in August that most of the projects, including the Asaba International Airport, would not be completed before he leaves office in 2015.

Clear Confirmation that its all white elephant projects

Moreso he has clear another higher high way for his successor to reaward the contract at higher price thus making him and his predecessor to eat a life time food.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:00am On Oct 28, 2012
musiwa7: i know how to design airport. them go pay me for design.

they will never pay you because you don`t belong.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:33am On Oct 28, 2012
Upgrade airport for big aircraft .............and who and what will big aircraft carry..............Money

What happened to Asaba airport?
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:22am On Oct 28, 2012
i doubt if there is any reasonable human being in the state......
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by gilmaro(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Upgrade airport for big aircraft .............and who and what will big aircraft carry..............Money

After spending over 40billion on asaba airport with nothing functional there now its osubi. How much did okpabio spend in building a standard airport in calaba. Uduaghan GOD dey see u.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by gilmaro(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Upgrade airport for big aircraft .............and who and what will big aircraft carry..............Money

There is no airport in asaba. N beside two years ago delta state govt sold form to applicants in the name of employing staffs at the asaba airport which didn't happen. Is dat no 419 ?
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by seunfly: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2012
It's like this man is sick in the head, who want to fly to a state with bad roads, a state without infracstructures, little or no industries, little commercial, agricultural and medical activities, a state in which her tourism potentials is not developed. Even some state that are better than that (Calabar , taraba, kano etc) have little of air travelers internationaly. So why can't he invest in any of this instead of two airports that will be empty at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Default01: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2012
Seunfly why u de lie,u fit compare delta wit any state 4 southwest my guy we ar having difficulties nw bt we wold overcom.delta state in terms of healthcare has d best facilities and doctors.asaba airport is working and is a winner even b4 being commissioned.delta state hav nt even taped 1/4 of our resources,we ar buildin a new delta state 4rm d scratch lagos wont see our backs wen we hanes just 50% of our resources.god bless delta state,haters kep hatin while delta state is moving
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by jude33084(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: i doubt if there is any reasonable human being in the state......

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by jude33084(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2012

Hahaha cheesy cheesy
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by obailala(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
Default01: Seunfly why u de lie,u fit compare delta wit any state 4 southwest my guy we ar having difficulties nw bt we wold overcom.delta state in terms of healthcare has d best facilities and doctors.asaba airport is working and is a winner even b4 being commissioned.delta state hav nt even taped 1/4 of our resources,we ar buildin a new delta state 4rm d scratch lagos wont see our backs wen we hanes just 50% of our resources.god bless delta state,haters kep hatin while delta state is moving
Sounds like the words of a typical Deltan. A state where there is no meaningful opposition to the pdp

5 Likes

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Charlesnerd: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
37.3bn on Osubi .This must be the biggest joke of the century grin.The Osubi I know ,and which I happen to have used does not need such amount of money for its upgrade,except hes planning to demolish the present facility and build from scratch.Even at that,the sum is pretty outrageous,considering hes spent similar sum on an International airport at Asaba,which should have been a domestic aiport at best.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by jude33084(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
Default01: Seunfly why u de lie,u fit compare delta wit any state 4 southwest my guy we ar having difficulties nw bt we wold overcom.delta state in terms of healthcare has d best facilities and doctors.asaba airport is working and is a winner even b4 being commissioned.delta state hav nt even taped 1/4 of our resources,we ar buildin a new delta state 4rm d scratch lagos wont see our backs wen we hanes just 50% of our resources.god bless delta state,haters kep hatin while delta state is moving

Plz argue constructively wink I was born aŋԂ brought up in Delta state. The only functioning airport there is Osubi along Eku/Abraka road. Udughan will finish Delta b4 we know it.

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by obailala(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
I share ur feelings... i also doubt if there's any single reasonable politician (ruling or opposition) in that state undecided
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by gregg2: 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
@Seunfly
I'm not from Delta but apart from Lagos, Delta state is by far more
developed than every other state in South West. And who told you that
Asaba airport is not completed? I've used it, however, I don't subscribe to a single state maintaining two big airports.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Afam4eva(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
THis is a waste of fund. How can one state be spending astronomical amount of resources to maintain two airports.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by surveyProf(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
What is happening to my der Delta State? So body made measured of poor health facilities, as far as I am consign Delta State has one of the best medical facilities, as for the Osubi airport upgrade, the said sum is way to much, such biliions should have been channel into building of more roads and perhaps repairing of bad roads etc.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
gilmaro: There is no airport in asaba. N beside two years ago delta state govt sold form to applicants in the name of employing staffs at the asaba airport which didn't happen. Is dat no 419 ?

Who be this?

I'm sure u read from government spokeman.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
The rogue(Gov) said all the big project will not be completed before he leave office in 2015.

Now I am sure the project will never begin.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by solomonkane(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2012

Deltans are highly educated people and you have just embarrassed us with this ridiculously idiotic post of yours. Where is the new Delta and who is building it: that useless, thieving and accursed taxi driver known as Uduaghan? Every thing good about Delta today is as a result of private enterprise; democracy in terms of leadership has been a curse. This astronomical amount of money to rebuild an airport makes no sense whatsoever and is just another convenient avenue to loot. What is Delta supposed to do with two airports?

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by franksunny(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
sobbing... God is watching o. daft delta deltans i hail my pipu, we are now carrying last
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by CGKing(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
its obvious we don't know what to do with money. U leaders don't know what u r doing to u country. U really don't think there is a future. U haven't done anything to protect citizens from future disasters yet u building an international airport. Is there some sort of manual these guys read when they get into office? Like "Government for dummies - NIgerian version"?

4 Likes

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by taharqa: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
Complete waste of money.... I wud even disagree with Anambra( esp d Onitsha axis) hving an airport for now cos of d one in Asaba, talkless of Delta state hving anoda. There are bridges and roads as well as medical facilities to be improvd and constructd...#waste
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
Delta state is 2 states in 1, any project done in Asaba must be replicated at least in Warri. As at this present time t, the airport traffic in the Warri airstrip is more than that in the International cargo airport at Asaba.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OmoTier1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
Educated lies don't get you far these days. Currently, Edo State, given her resources is by far more developed than Delta State. Your claim that you are building a new delta from scratch is laughable. Need I remind you how old Delta State is? A State where the wife of the governor is the contractor that supplies diesel used to power generators for street light, is that what you call development? Other States are investing in IPP.

As for ASABA air strip (cause you can't that an airport to start with) it is a white elephant project. Benin City has an Airport and the road leading to Asaba and environs from Benin City is in good condition and was reconstructed during the Obj regime.The 40billion Naira wasted on Asaba airstrip would have been spent in Osubi Air strip, and also renovate the water ways in and around warri and perhaps a mini-port like we see in Amsterdam, Holland.

Can I ask you what has come off the 30bn Naira holiday resorts? What is the current level completion

2 Likes

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
I think this common practice among PDP Gov.
Here is the recent history.......

Oyinlola(Osun State) he borrowed 20 Billion with few months left to leave office to upgrade 6 stadia accross the state but nothing was done.

Gbenga Daniel(Ogun State) he borrowed 50 billion with few months left for big projects accross the state but nothing to show for it.

Now Delta

With less than 24 months, you are embarking on a new project that won't be finished before you leave office.

Why not complete all the projects you have at hand now before you leave,so that your name will be attached to it when you leave?

This is to show that there was never a project going on in the first place.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by gilmaro(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:
kiss
Who be this?

I'm sure u read from government spokeman.
That place u call airport in asaba. Is it functional ? How many airlines uses the place and which airviation facilities do u have there ? My brother uduaghan knows what he's up to, and beside he has just told u clearly that he is not completing this project which is an indication that the project is a scam. Mark my words
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by chinkelly(m): 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ha broda, u can lie Oo! Which delta state are u talking about. Surely Warri, Agbo, and even Asaba
Is not part of it. Warri were I live is a dead town. There are no roads,
Middle of major roads is where pple use as refuse dump, all d roads. (I'll post pics later)
U must be very idiotic 2 compare areas in Lagos or calabar 2 Delta state.I was in Agbor recently 2
And I wept. Upgrading Osubi Airstrip my A.ss. This is just another scheme
2 loot as Uduaghan and his cohorts av been doin since he came 2 power.
Everybody living in Delta would admit dat even Ibori is far better dan Uduaghan administration.

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by otokx(m): 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
IBORI really is a million times better than UDUAGHAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Backs Nigeria On Mali Mission / When A Petrol Attendant At Con oil Filling Station Shouted SAI BUHARI (photos) / Shocking: Look At A Minister In South Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.