Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) (14295 Views)

<<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by lapagegirl(f): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Interesting story can't wait for episode2
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by ba7man(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
omosexy1:

Now that makes it a fantastic story. To get you hooked. Op is a good writer. I can visualize a movie but our nollywood directors can mess things up. And if this is going to be shot, it can be expensive too. Change of location and the rest. You know sey executive producers for naija like cheap story-lines for village so that they can count their profit well
I feel u but if they can shoot a movie in which Osuofia travels to UK, this will be a piece of cake.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by crisycent: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
This one na HINT&HEART magazine story...
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by Relixy2k: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
Can't wait for d 2nd part. Thumbs up
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by Hoii(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
Very nice.. I'm hooked. Buh he hasn't contacted any relative for abt 1 month. Him no get family? Abi him fall 4rm sky?
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Very Very good......
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by belemzy: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
Wow nice one bro... i couldn't stop reading. Its one of the best write ups i've seen on NL. KEEP IT COMING CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PART 2.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
Live fast,die young!

Nice one OP
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by beespak7(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
That was a good write up, i always knew that nigerians are great and gifted writers . Reminds me of when i used to read the pacesetters novels very nice, juicy, and suspense filled. OYA OP WE ARE WAITING FOR EPISODE 2 OHH !!
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by balogunsam(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hoii: Very nice.. I'm hooked. Buh he hasn't contacted any relative for abt 1 month. Him no get family? Abi him fall 4rm sky?

hahaa....Africans! rme.... relatives in story like this. he has already hinted falling in love with a lady and that's all the 'relative' u need in a story like this o Jere....
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by Jayjey(m): 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
nice one. Anticipating part 2.o
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by aposki(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Anxious.......................waiting for Episode 3.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by onatisi(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2012
Ricky_Ross: THE STORY IS JUST TOO FABRICATED, AND ITS NOT REAL...

A DRUG LORD WILL NOT USE A NEW FACE OR UNRELIABLE PERSON TO KILL HIS FORMER COURIER. I THOUGHT IT WAS TRUE STORY, NOW I KNOW ITS NOT...

so u thought it was a real life story?it even seems as if i have watched a film similar to this story but credit must be given to this op ,he is doing a very good job nd this story is quite interesting
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by mallorca(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
ba7man: Its a normal way of roping people into crime. He wants the link to him to be as far as possible + He's got dirt on him already for carrying drugs 4 him. Reminds me of how the "Godmother" who died recently roped her top hitman. (Cocaine Cowboys documentary on Maiami drug trade in d 70's) @Poster, nice story, these are the type of story telling that will make world-class scripts in Nollywood....
it seems like you are an expert in dis field?
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by mallorca(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
quicksylva: guy learn how to read & understand. At the begining of the write up, lateef has put in a good word for mike to chairman, that he is smart and intelligent moreover at the earlier stage mike was also involve in petty drugs dealing(marijuana). So he was the right person for the job.
correction taken..thanks
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by quicksylva(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
smileyyou are welcome
mallorca:
correction taken..thanks
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by mafiacent(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nasri100: wow when is the part 2 coming out?

Glad we all enjoyed it.
visit http://www.prisonerofclass.com/stories-2/ for Part 2. Would post it later.

Episode 2
https://www.nairaland.com/1092425/memoirs-drug-lord-episode-2
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by mafiacent(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
It was a long drive back to the hotel, and as I drove slowly, all I could think of was how I shot and killed Robert. Each time the thought popped in my head, I smiled to myself – making up different scenarios that I could have employed in killing him, but in all, he was dead.

I arrived at the hotel very fatigued, that as soon as I made way into my room, I jumped into the bed and slept off like a baby – still fully clothed.

I woke up hours later, still tired, but this time I could tell it was hunger related, so I got up and phoned the hotels kitchen to order for food before stripping to the last piece of clothing I had on and went to take a shower.

I was still getting dressed when I heard a knock on the door. It’s my food – I thought to myself – so I hurriedly wore my sweat pant and t-shirt and went on to open the door.

“It’s called a mobile phone because it’s supposed to be carried around. Where is your phone?” Chairman yelled out as he walked into the room – without Lateef this time but with his bodyguards.

“It’s over there” – I stuttered, pointing to the phone on the bed. “I put it on the silent profile because I didn’t want to be disturbed while I slept” – I continued, while locking the door.

“Because you didn’t want to be disturbed?” He exclaimed, nodding his head in disbelief. Well I won’t blame you. No! I won’t blame you. He negated.

I walked to the edge of the bed where he was seated and stood in front of him with my hands behind me – as a sign of respect knowing fully well that he was angry.

There was a long pause in the room, before chairman finally broke the silence -

“I’m impressed with how far you have come, especially with the way you carried out your assignment last night. Because you claimed it was your first time, I had one of my undercover persons in the police force at the crime scene when the body of the deceased was being moved to the mortuary and my excitement knew no bounds when I was told no evidence was recovered.” He enthused.

I felt the tension in the room ease off a bit, so I relaxed my nerves and got into my comfort zone while still listening to what he was saying.

“Not only am I impressed with you, the Chairman himself, the Oga patapata, the man funding the whole operation has been wowed by your performance and has requested to see you, but not after you make another drop”.

“There is another chairman? So what are you?” I asked looking a tad confused.

“Laughing out loud – yes there is. Everything here is done in a hierarchical order, and at every stage, we have someone we report to just like how you, Lateef and the other boys report to me, I also have someone I report to who might also be accountable to someone. They call me Chairman because it’s me they see as the overall boss but I call him chairman because I know what he is capable of. I’ve met him just twice as he chooses to remain on the background and all our dealings have been done via phone, so for him to want to see you, consider yourself a lucky boy”.

“Everything is happening too fast and right now it’s getting me confused. I haven’t lived a normal life in the last one month and it’s starting to bother me. I need to take a break from this and just do what normal people do”.

“Hmm you would do that son, but right now it’s not about what you want. If you want to be wealthy, you have to do whatever you are being asked to do. Once you are in, you are in there are no days off except maybe you want to face the wrath of the Chairman and believe me when I say you don’t want to”.

Sigh. I have now become slave to a man and his cohorts in the name of making money.

“What about the balance I’m supposed to collect?”

“Oh that, here you go – handing out a brown envelope he took out of his pocket with a bunch of keys to me – that’s $5000. The extra $3500 on it is your part payment for your trip to London in two weeks.”

“London?” A curious I questioned.

“Yes London. The keys are for your new fully furnished apartment in Ogudu. Chairman doesn’t want you living in a hotel and most definitely doesn’t want you back in Ketu”

“Wow”

“Well that’s what you get for being diligent and obedient. There’s still more from where that came from, don’t mess it up. And yes, the car is yours too and the address to the house is inscribed at the back of the envelope. Get your passport across to me so I’d get your visa processed. I guess I should take my leave now, have a good day”.

I locked the door behind him as he left with his guards and for the next twenty to thirty minutes I stood still, speechless. It was another knock on the door that jolted me back to reality. My food had finally arrived but the urge to eat had disappeared, again!

I packed my stuff, concealed the gun in a piece of cloth and hid it in the bottom corner of my suitcase as I headed out of the hotel en route to Ogudu. It was a two bedroom bungalow that was en suite with up to date household amenities.

My life had changed for good – at least so I thought.

The following day I went to a bureau-de-change and converted $2000 into Naira while the other $3000 I opted to deposit at the bank. Was checking out shirts in a store at the palms shopping mall that day when I met the lady who would later be my wife.

The minute I saw her walk into the store, I knew she was the one. Decked up in a blue blouse, black jeggins and black pumps, the aura around her screamed hot and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one checking her out, but I couldn’t bring myself to talk to her. She walked around the store for a while and when I noticed her staring at one of the bags they displayed looking a bit distressed, I figured that was my cue to talk to her.

So I manned up, went up to her and started a conversation. She wanted to buy a Louis Vuitton bag but was short a staggering N120,000. I was N300,000 rich and wasn’t going to spare any expense because to me it was love at first sight but she was insistent on me not doing so claiming she had it covered. We went on and on about it for about forty-five minutes before she finally bulged, after her ATM card still didn’t work, but only on the condition that she would pay me back during the week. I agreed even though I knew I wasn’t going to collect the money back and we exchanged numbers as we left the store. That marked the beginning of another phase in my life.

Two weeks had passed and Tomi and I were waxing strong with each passing day but it was time to make the big trip to London. I had heard a lot about the British Immigration, Metropolitan police and Scotland Yard’s crackdown on drug traffickers. They weren’t good tales but once again I was assured by chairman and lateef that my safety and security was guaranteed. To Tomi I was going on a business trip but to me it was a life changing one that could make or mar me.

Nigerian Immigration has to by far be the worst of the lot, N5000 tip usually gets me treated like a king and my Luggage most times never gets checked. The plane took off at exactly 11:25pm local time and we didn’t arrive at Heathrow airport till 6:30am London time, due to air turbulence. There was no hitch clearing myself with the British Immigration as the drug was properly concealed in baby diapers, and in no time I was being chauffeured to the Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel where I had earlier made a reservation. It was a forty minute drive from the airport to the hotel and I slept all through the day since I was expected to make the delivery at night.

Around midnight, I got dressed up, put the drugs in a messenger bag and headed to the D Den Legacy club that was just five minutes by feet away from the hotel where I was supposed to meet the client. I had just cut into an alley as directed by the hotel guard when I was jumped by three white boys. One dragged the bag from me, the other gagged me by the throat while the third kicked me to the ground.

It seemed like the beginning of the end.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by IZUKWU(m): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
Guy whetin come happen now, you no try at all, come abandon us just like that. Have read this particular episode like two months back from one blogsite like that ,find new episode drop.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by aieromon(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dammit,you came back after a long hiatus to drop Episode 2.

We need Episode 3 mahn.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by Obinnau(m): 5:35am On Feb 13, 2013
wow i have even forgoten that i subscribed to this.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by mafiacent(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Sorry, for the long delay... Would update this very soon.

Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by IZUKWU(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Okay, am waiting . Don't disappoint .
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by iebanehita(m): 12:06am On May 15, 2013
@Mafiacent...

I jt stumbled on ds n enjoyin evry bit of it.
V read Episode 1,2 n 3..
When wil u continue na?
You dey delay o,,cz m glued to ur story.
Its fascinating. Good job bro.
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by plus7(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2013
Guy come back now.....o ti n pe ju naaaA!
Re: Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) by aieromon(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
mafiacent: Sorry, for the long delay... Would update this very soon.

We're still waiting. . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel / Chimamanda Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.