Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) (7350 Views)

The Trials Of Pastor Femi Ayodele / Let Us Write A Story On 'trials Of Marriage'-chapter One*the Wedding Day* / Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (Episode 1, 2 & 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 28, 2012
He had woken up with the same feeling again... Or rather a feeling so unique to his kind. The addiction Tom was battling had begun in his senior class in high school. I have to smoke again he thought. Indian hemp seem to be the only thing in the world that cares so much for him and which fulfills his most important needs. He always felt like a 'wise man' whenever he uses it. He also always felt like nothing mattered not until he began having those hallucinations. The instant he woke up feeling so cold this morning, he recognized that the addiction was taking its toll on him. Tom had begun suffering from hallucinogenic behaviour, paranoia and irregular body movements.

"Tom I'm on my way to work'' his mother called out. He simply stood from the bed and helped to lock the door after she had left. He began to plan how he would get the 'grass' seeing he had no money on him.

Tom with his siblings who are all in college stay with their mum as they were brought up by her. He quickly dressed up and went to the jungle where he usually treks to, some few kilometres away from home... to trade a Lucent wristwatch he had stolen the previous day from their neighbour when he broke into the apartment through the window to lift sellable items.

Tom said to the dealer: "I need drugs in exchange for the watch. Give me give me some few notes and some drugs too". The dealer saw it was a good deal and immediately made it happen. Tom went home happy.

The habit had begun on a certain day at school when a friend called Dapo was asked why he usually acts cool by Tom and his close pal. Dapo had initially felt reluctant to introduced them but eventually gave in and told them about it.

"Its a grass that you smoke and you become whole." he had said.

The next day, Tom with his friend took some grass gotten them by Dapo and went to the back of the school but it cost them their studentship as they were expelled when they were caught.

The habit continued for five years till it began to make changes in his personality, most especially his perspective and concentration. He began to have hallucinations and paranoia behaviour. Tom became aware of this, so began the battle Tom would fight to eventually quit addiction.

His first experience of having hallucinations began on a certain day in the jungle when after he had smoke he began to attach spiritual presence to birds that were ordinarily flying. He had to run away from the bush on that day. Another day he was feeling so uncomfortable in the middle of some boys as he thought they were planning to take him along for a robbery.

Tom struggled to stop this addiction, going as far seeking spiritual help. He quit for three months, went back to it, quit again for another month but went back. He started to shed the friends he earlier kept, places he used to go too and began to pick interest in his own health. Eventually he stopped it and he never went back to it.

Today Tom is high on life together with its challenges and he became a better person with a better perspective about drugs and pills.

2 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Edwardhead(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
if this article is fiction, I will say keep it up man.
If it is not, I pray this story can be republished in one of Nigerian Magazine for drug addicts to learn from it.

Can I copy this to share it on facebook?

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
Edwardhead: if this article is fiction, I will say keep it up man.
If it is not, I pray this story can be republished in one of Nigerian Magazine for drug addicts to learn from it.

Can I copy this to share it on facebook?

Well u can... Given u mention my name there... Its not a fiction & its part of a book im writing. Though iv lost a little inspiration on it.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Ruq: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
not a bad article.
But reefer is for the matured mind. if you have ever rolled up a joint and smoke it, it puts you in an euphoric state. which surpasses cloud 9.
i don't know about naija but some people are medically given THC.
am not against this article in anyway but, if you have ever been depressed, stressed, hated,rejected and face some quota of negativities, rolling up to three joint isn't a bad thing. It makes you laugh even at the most boring things. because it secretes dopamine in the brain.

The good thing about it, is you can't OD on it you would have to drag about 700 joints to OD.

I just don't know why it's not legal yet, cuz it can be found anywhere, even law agencies makes use of it.
what i can only say is, it takes a fully grown mind to understand how to use it.

2 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by a1solution: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
Igboh Doctor! well don o. do make u open NGO for ur nonsense enlightment campagn Ok. [quote
author=Ruq]not a bad article.
But reefer is for the matured mind. if you have ever rolled up a joint
and smoke it, it puts you in an euphoric state. which surpasses cloud 9.

i don't know about naija but some people are medically given THC.
am not against this article in anyway but, if you have ever been
depressed, stressed, hated,rejected and face some quota of negativities,
rolling up to three joint isn't a bad thing. It makes you laugh even at
the most boring things. because it secretes dopamine in the brain.

The good thing about it, is you can't OD on it you would have to drag
about 700 joints to OD.

I just don't know why it's not legal yet, cuz it can be found anywhere,
even law agencies makes use of it.
what i can only say is, it takes a fully grown mind to understand how to
use it. [/quote]
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Ruq: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
a1solution: Igboh Doctor! well don o. do make u open NGO for ur nonsense enlightment campagn Ok.
apart from causing panic attacks and anxiety, cannabis has its own medical help.

it's a known fact.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
www.nairaland.com/926302/atheist-please-me-stop-smoking#11279374
Great tips here for others who may have the same problem..
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Ruq: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
@musk the way out of an addiction, is finding another addiction.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
You cannot completely be free from the effect of weed,it's better not to indulge in it at all.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by ODB1: 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2012

Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ruq: @musk the way out of an addiction, is finding another addiction.
The way out of a DANGEROUS addiction is finding a SAFE one..
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by alexola20(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Morgan1092(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nice work. Heat up d inspiration.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Ibime(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2012
I find the story a bit funny. Weed is not addictive so there should be absolutely no problem quitting it.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 02, 2012
Ibime: I find the story a bit funny. Weed is not addictive so there should be absolutely no problem quitting it.
IS THAT WHAT U THINK
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2012
If this is a true story,well congratulation tom,but if is not well,i'd tell the writer to brush this work a little bit,this story can get better,for example,we the readers couldn't feel the pain of tom through ur pen,something must have made him take that decision to ask dapo "what made him look cool",Tom couldn't have just woken up one day and decided he wants to be like dapo,something must have triggered that decision,it may be anything from betrayal,depression,lost of loved ones anythhing to push him to take that decision.
The writer couldn't let us feel what tom was going thru,wel the trials of a drug addict,well was there really any trial,in my own opinion there was none.i could go on and on,but got no time,i feel the writer could do more with this story.
Kudos to the writer for this thoughtful piece.

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ Tadon well thanks for ur constructive... Not criticism now but enlightenment. I have written a thread on how to help others constructively on Nairaland rather than to criticize blindly. I wish the moderators can locate that (neglected after pregnancy but claimed to love me).

Well you know it takes a lot to write so may not be perfect for now but thats why we have editors & publishing houses... I included the ''whole feelings'' in the book. Currently im being bothered by author house in US to complete it but u know funds?... Pls I wud consider the suggestions u gave. So insightful.

By extension, the article was lifted from a part of the book, its the reason you couldnt get his pains... He actually went through loads.

READ: BEGINNING;

Sorrowfully Tom sat at the edge of his bed with tears coming down his cheeks. Why was this happening to him he said silently. The depression he was feeling had transferred into physical fatigue; he is weak and had not eaten good food for two days because he had lost all apettite.

The thoughts coming from his mind were irrationally dangerous thoughts. It was uncontrollable and he couldnt imagine living the next second in life.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ Tadon well thanks for ur constructive... Not criticism now but enlightenment. I have written a thread on how to help others constructively on Nairaland rather than to criticize blindly. I wish the moderators can locate that (neglected after pregnancy but claimed to love me).

Well you know it takes a lot to write so may not be perfect for now but thats why we have editors & publishing houses... I included the ''whole feelings'' in the book. Currently im being bothered by author house in US to complete it but u know funds?... Pls I wud consider the suggestions u gave. So insightful.

By extension, the article was lifted from a part of the book, its the reason you couldnt get his pains... He actually went through loads.

READ: BEGINNING;

Sorrowfully Tom sat at the edge of his bed with tears coming down his cheeks. Why was this happening to him he said silently. The depression he was feeling had transferred into physical fatigue; he is weak and had not eaten good food for two days because he had lost all apettite.

The thoughts coming from his mind were irrationally dangerous thoughts. It was uncontrollable and he couldnt imagine living the next second in life.
Re: Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) by kingphilip(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2013
richarts:

Well u can... Given u mention my name there... Its not a fiction & its part of a book im writing. Though iv lost a little inspiration on it.
abeg try get the inspiration back o u've got a nyc piece here

(1) (Reply)

Troubled Series......the Best Romantic Story Of The Year / How Do You Deal With Procastination?? / Website For Downloading Novels For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.