Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity (2276 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Please Convert to African Traditional Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
Trad. religions are by the people, of the people and for the people.

[img]http://faculty.rcc.edu/mahon/Primal/Gelede.jpg[/img]
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
the term Pagan is derived from the latin word meaning villager and was used by xtians to mock the Pagans. Most Nigerians are agro-based villagers and this is the religion that defines us as a people.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
and ofcourse we far exceed christianity in terms of philosophy and spirituality. after all, christianity is a religion that plays on peoples emotions, nothing more. .
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by oiseworld: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
and ofcourse we far exceed christianity in terms of philosophy and spirituality. after all, christianity is a religion that plays on peoples emotions, nothing more. .

you just won't stop foooooooling ur self....
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
oiseworld:

you just won't stop foooooooling ur self....

you wont stop being fooled yourself.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by Horus(m): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
The Europeans and the Arabs came to Africa with a political ideology in the name of religion. How can we honor any god who was used against us? The only people who accept alien gods are defeated people; all others honor and accept their own name for the Almighty. We must learn to appreciate ourselves and our traditions.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 2:23am On Oct 30, 2012
I see. But the fact remains that paganism is fast on the decline in these parts. PAGAN 9JA, you just have to accept the fact that Christianity & Islam beats paganism hands down.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 2:37am On Oct 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Well, i put it to you directly - that your religion cannot exceed christianity in spirituality (as long as you draw power from your gods - whose powers are limited - compared to the almighty God). There is a limit to your spirituality afteral - and i know that limit (you should as well, if you know as much about your gods as well as you should).

But you might have a point in that, not all christians are spiritual, majority dont even know what the word means in the first place (but in time they learn, and tap into the power and spirituality that is theirs for believing in Lord Jesus).

IF YOUR GODS WERE POWERFUL ENOUGH, THEY SHOULD HAVE WITHSTOOD THE OYINBO PREACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST, AND AFRICANS SHOULD NOT BE TURNING THEIR BACKS ON THEM
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 2:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I see. But the fact remains that paganism is fast on the decline in these parts. PAGAN 9JA, you just have to accept the fact that Christianity & Islam beats paganism hands down.

Because people have realized where the power is, so it is therefore not surprising. OUT OF ALL THE RELIGONS, IT IS CLEAR WHICH ONES ARE WINNING ALREADY.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I see. But the fact remains that paganism is fast on the decline in these parts. PAGAN 9JA, you just have to accept the fact that Christianity & Islam beats paganism hands down.

yes I agree. and 90% by unfair means. this is why i am encouraging Nigerians and other tribals around the world to fight back this tyranny and irreligions and reclaim our status. it is time we stop being cowed. .

1 Like

Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Well, i put it to you directly - that your religion cannot exceed christianity in spirituality (as long as you draw power from your gods - whose powers are limited - compared to the almighty God). There is a limit to your spirituality afteral - and i know that limit (you should as well, if you know as much about your gods as well as you should).

But you might have a point in that, not all christians are spiritual, majority dont even know what the word means in the first place (but in time they learn, and tap into the power and spirituality that is theirs for believing in Lord Jesus).

IF YOUR GODS WERE POWERFUL ENOUGH, THEY SHOULD HAVE WITHSTOOD THE OYINBO PREACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST, AND AFRICANS SHOULD NOT BE TURNING THEIR BACKS ON THEM

Our Religions started Spirituality and the concept of a balance between material and spiritual forces. which is why we have ancient elaborate rituals and other forms of Spiritual practice, meditation and soulfulness, unlike your base religions. if you notice carefully the teachings of abrahamic religions : judaism and particularly islam & christianity, you will notice that the teachings are mainly rules and guidelines on how to live, what not to eat or wear, morality, how you are superior to other religions, what your prophets did, etc.

THIS IS NOT RELIGION. this is mainly the dictations of a man.
there is hardly much spirituality in this. infact i am not surprized that the catholics had to bring in idolatorous practices innto their religions and other former Pagan festivals in order to get some degree of "religiousity" nto it. same case with muslims, where they "äpparantly" pray towards an ancient Pagan shrine and black rock (now shattered in pieces) and BOTH shamelessly make excuse as to what they are doing. they take from us and then stab us from the behind.

how can the power of our Gods be less or more? what power is this that you talk about. the Spiritual Forces are not all about power. they are forces that govern and overshadow this our material Universe. we have a Almighty Supreme God (generally the creator , as the force of creation is the source of other things including other forces). but at the same time this concept is infinite. the forces need to be balanced. the one cannot exist without the many and vice versa.

our religions are unlimited. we are forever expanding and growing if given the right conditions to do so. infact it is abrahamic religions that are so narrow and limited and go by the book (written by man). cmn admit it. you follow a foreign man-written book. that too one that is evil and was brought to ou by a bunch of lavers. as for the book itself, i dont need to explain to you what horrors it has unleashed across the world. you know that for yourself. even today, many people die becasue of your religions and books.

i am sick and tired of expouding this fact, that the Gods do not interfere directly in human affairs. they cant just come and stand in fromnt of an invaing army and take sides. they are Spiritual Forces and unworldy beings. just imagine the catastrophe such a thing can cost. imagine the Chinese God taking part in a war against an Arabian God. these Gods dont have nationalities or states or boundaries orr ethnicities. they are merely Universal Spiritual forces. Zeus = Ngai = Brahma = Chukwu = Olodumare, etc, (creative forces) Mercury = SHango = SHiva, etc. .(destructive forces) and so on and so forth. it is just that different ethnic tribes have different names for this Unievrsal concept and how this came about is a mystey, almost a miracle. The Gods are merely guides and provide the push. it is upto us humans and other beings to decide our course of actions.

as for Africans turning back on them, since when have all Africans ever been good or been on the right track. many of us turned our backs (due to inferiority complex, force, influence, etc.) however, many of us stayed on, I am just doing my duty to bring Africans or ANY other tribals around the world to their senses. it is just am atter of how much my work or anyone elses work for that matter, pays off. we humans decide OUR future.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Unsubscribes *and leaves the thread*
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^^^^^

im glad you accept your defeat sincerely. smiley
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
*Very funny* If you are truly as spiritual as you claim, you should know why I stepped out.
Namely, I don't want to piss on your religion.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^^^^i am also very practical. wink
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^^^^the same goes for me, a trial will certainly convince you. In fact, i encourage you to try.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes I agree. and 90% by unfair means. this is why i am encouraging Nigerians and other tribals around the world to fight back this tyranny and irreligions and reclaim our status. it is time we stop being cowed. .

Unfair kini ! All they do is preach and people accept. They organise lots of outreaches that is how they spread especially Christianity. Islam was rooted in the North thanks to the work of Utman Dan Fodio. You must be dreaming if you think that the traditional religions have a chance. They are seen as fetish and outdated.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 4:29am On Nov 01, 2012
Why did our ancestral gods not protect us from invasion from the whites? Even with all our black african magic?

And the current state of Nigeria? Well, the problem of Nigeria is not something I wish to talk about. I don't want people that know-it-all to start bombing the thread.

But let me give you a hint, the problems of Nigeria is not what many people think it is.

Consult your ifa and tell us what you think - since u tink ur ifa is more powerful.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 4:34am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: Why did our ancestral gods not protect us from invasion from the whites? Even with all our black african magic?

And the current state of Nigeria? Well, the problem of Nigeria is not something I wish to talk about. I don't want people that know-it-all to start bombing the thread.

But let me give you a hint, the problems of Nigeria is not what many people think it is.

Consult your ifa and tell us what you think - since u tink ur ifa is more powerful.

One could argue why isn't our Current God/Allah protecting us and allowing us to be the great nation we should be with all the potential?

Why isn't Nigeria where it should be today?

The reason is simple, religion whether traditional or foreign should not be blamed, but human beings themselves.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by ogoamaka99(m): 5:39am On Nov 01, 2012
@pagan 9ja,
Your situation is pitiable because it is like a man uttered dusty road to well constructed one. It is like a blind man pitying those seeing clearly with their two eyes.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 5:51am On Nov 01, 2012
The gods do exist, I don't doubt their existence at all, and the Almight Fahter (na them baba be that).

We have mostly been brainwashed in Nigeria to think the primary cause of the problem is the people.

On the spiritual side, it is not that simple. But sorry, I will rather not say - don't want to cause unnecesary wahala. Make we just sidon look.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Unfair kini ! All they do is preach and people accept. They organise lots of outreaches that is how they spread especially Christianity. Islam was rooted in the North thanks to the work of Utman Dan Fodio. You must be dreaming if you think that the traditional religions have a chance. They are seen as fetish and outdated.

my dreams will come true! they are coming true in fact. because i dared to dream.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
omo_to_dun: @pastormustwacc
The reason our fathers gave up their traditional beliefs for foreign ones was primarily because they deemed the Whites to be superior to them. If we had been Christians and they brought Ifa and Orunmila to us, we would have abandoned Christianity and start sucking the diick of Orunmila. Follow follow is our motto.

With all the Jesus and Mohammed wey una for Nigeria dey call day and night, how una situation don change?

no actually we were politically and militarily ineffective also.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwacc: Why did our ancestral gods not protect us from invasion from the whites? Even with all our black african magic?

omo_to_dun:

I do not think Ifa is more powerful. Ifa, Orunmila, Sango, Obatala, Jesus, Mohammad, Zeus, etc are all the same to me. None of them would have helped when the Whites came.

The Whites had GUNS! We had bow and arrow. African magic is another BS. We are a people full of BS. We don't like to take responsibility for our actions and we hate to think that we are in control of our lives. You are a Christian because Arabs didn't get to the South West before the Europeans; had they been earlier, you would be a muslim. Our destiny is in our hands. Not in the hands of any god. Gods who don't give one $hit about anyone, because they don't exist. We made them up.

PAGAN 9JA:

i am sick and tired of expouding this fact, that the Gods do not interfere directly in human affairs. they cant just come and stand in fromnt of an invaing army and take sides. they are Spiritual Forces and unworldy beings. just imagine the catastrophe such a thing can cost. imagine the Chinese God taking part in a war against an Arabian God. these Gods dont have nationalities or states or boundaries orr ethnicities. they are merely Universal Spiritual forces. Zeus = Ngai = Brahma = Chukwu = Olodumare, etc, (creative forces) Mercury = SHango = SHiva, etc. .(destructive forces) and so on and so forth. it is just that different ethnic tribes have different names for this Unievrsal concept and how this came about is a mystey, almost a miracle. The Gods are merely guides and provide the push. it is upto us humans and other beings to decide our course of actions.

as for Africans turning back on them, since when have all Africans ever been good or been on the right track. many of us turned our backs (due to inferiority complex, force, influence, etc.) however, many of us stayed on, I am just doing my duty to bring Africans or ANY other tribals around the world to their senses. it is just am atter of how much my work or anyone elses work for that matter, pays off. we humans decide OUR future.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogoamaka99: @pagan 9ja,
Your situation is pitiable because it is like a man uttered dusty road to well constructed one. It is like a blind man pitying those seeing clearly with their two eyes.

blind man? stop your useless comments and say sme thing informative or valid if you have the capability to do so. angry
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwacc: The gods do exist, I don't doubt their existence at all, and the Almight Fahter (na them baba be that).

We have mostly been brainwashed in Nigeria to think the primary cause of the problem is the people.

On the spiritual side, it is not that simple. But sorry, I will rather not say - don't want to cause unnecesary wahala. Make we just sidon look.

ARE YOU A PAGAN OR A CHRISTIAN? I AM CONFUSED! OR ARE YOU CONFUSED! angry
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwac: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwacc: The gods do exist, I don't doubt their existence at all, and the Almight Fahter (na them baba be that).

PAGAN 9JA:
ARE YOU A PAGAN OR A CHRISTIAN? I AM CONFUSED! OR ARE YOU CONFUSED! angry

OH, THIS MY POST CONFUSED BOTH CHRISTIANS AND PAGANS AT THE SAME TIME? I JUST STATED A MATTER OF FACT.

I acknowleged that the pagan gods do exist and are quite powerful too, and also said that the ALMIGHTY GOD (the father of Jesus) is above them all. I serve the almighty God (Father of Jesus) and not the pagan gods.
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58am On Nov 03, 2012
pastormustwac:

OH, THIS MY POST CONFUSED BOTH CHRISTIANS AND PAGANS AT THE SAME TIME? I JUST STATED A MATTER OF FACT.

I acknowleged that the pagan gods do exist and are quite powerful too, and also said that the ALMIGHTY GOD (the father of Jesus) is above them all. I serve the almighty God (Father of Jesus) and not the pagan gods.

but that makes you a PAGAN! shocked shocked shocked shocked

We PAgans never denied that there is a Supreme Creator Force! because to begin something there must be a creator force. nor do we deny the existence of other Gods! angry

just remove jesus from your life and you will be just about on the right track. wink
Re: Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity by pastormustwacc: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

but that makes you a PAGAN! shocked shocked shocked shocked

We PAgans never denied that there is a Supreme Creator Force! because to begin something there must be a creator force. nor do we deny the existence of other Gods! angry

just remove jesus from your life and you will be just about on the right track. wink
Really? So in your words, i am a Pagan that serve Jesus rather than the pagan gods? Well, let us leave it that way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Benson Idahosa Blessed & Prophesied To Young Aliko Dangote / David Ibiyeomie Gives His Staff Official Cars. Pics / Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.