Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria (4771 Views)

ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education / ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education / National Policy On Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 3:29am On Oct 29, 2012
PDP-Dominated Senate Committee on Education Rates OSUN as The BEST in Nigeria

[img]http://97.74.67.58/images/senate%20committe.jpg[/img]

The Upper Chamber of the National Assembly on Tuesday challenged other governors of the federation to learn from the educational policies being put in Osun if indeed, they are set their states on the path of educational glory.

The Chairman Senate Committee on Education, Chief Uche Chukwumerijie, while leading the Senate Committee on Education on an oversight visit to the state others, must drop their party affiliations and sentiments because what is happening in Osun is capable of rescuing the country’s rotten education sector.

This was even as the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola held that Nigeria will not make an appreciable progress if her focus is only on the executive arm of government. Senator Chukwumerijie who led other members including the wife of the former Governor of Lagos state, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Prof. Olusola Adeyeye, Senator Atiku Bagudu among others said the visit is a mark of respect and solidarity in showing appreciation for the wonders and feat that the young administration of Aregbesola has achieved in Osun.

In his words, "The states and the country owed Governor Aregbesola a lot of gratitude for promptly laying a formidable foundation for education in the state.

I will like to use this opportunity to advise other states irrespective of your political affiliation. You must drop your ego and learn from the people oriented projects and programmes of Governor Aregbesola.

” The senator described the collapse of education in the country as a national challenge and appealed to all to muster the courage to address the decay in the educational sector. According to the lawmaker, "The governor of Osun is God-sent to his people.

Aregbesola, as a fresh governor, has shown that he is a serious-minded person. For the first time, the education policy of Ogbeni Aregbesola remains the best in the country, even ahead that of Lagos State.
[b]
" Responding, Governor Aregbesola held that for the country to progress, the interest of the people must be considered before any decision is taken; stating that parliamentary system of government is the essence of democracy.

He said, "The best form of political activity is in the parliament, our nation will not make appreciable progress if it focuses only on the executive, at least the parliament is where ideas are generated, they have total representative and support of the people.

"Parliamentary system is the essence of democracy. The assembly of the people must not be an expression but it must put into practise. For a country to have a meaningful development progress, it must not be a one-sided means of power." The governor averred.

Speaking on education, Aregbesola said when he got into power, his intention was to close down schools for about a year because of what he met. "What was on ground was dilapidated school buildings not fit for human habitation.
[/b]
The conditions of teachers were nothing to write home about plus the condition of other infrastructure." He urged the committee not to be afraid to tell the president that there is a problem in the educational sector, adding that the decadence in the sector must be arrested to rescue students from the problem of not having sound education.

Aregbesola held that the basis of growth for any country is sound education and that Osun is committed to provision of genuine and sound education for its citizenry hence the commitment of huge resources to make sure that its pupils will rank among the best in Nigeria.

http://97.74.67.58/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=306:pdp-dominated-senate-committee-on-education-rates-osun-as-the-best-in-nigeria&catid=7:news&Itemid=199
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2012
Sounds great.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by ogundokun: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2012
Me I did not see anything ..... Oooooo
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by server123: 5:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Na Big Lie jooooooorrrrrr...
And see how the award thing small like shit wey suppose big wella which is an evidence that na Big lie.

Opposition yielding Opposite confirmation

Na lie and politics play I repeat...

Opposition party? or let say that they are looking for ACN & Indigene favour in Osun so as to take over Osun in the next coming election or some other fowl plays

Mr Aregbesola,plz watchout...
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by worldman(m): 5:39am On Oct 29, 2012
It was an expected thing from osun state governor

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:40am On Oct 29, 2012
Well done ACN

Both Aregbesola and Chukwumerije have the same beard?
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 29, 2012
Am ii dreaming or what! Nothing has changed about the educational setup in Osun. Or am ii missing out on sth ?
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by dareyking(m): 5:56am On Oct 29, 2012
Dun mind em they are the only 2 made in nigeria Osama we have so they have to suport theirslf.. Da only good news is dat witin a short period da price of garri has drasticaly reduce whc is a vry huge news to us...
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by speaktome(m): 5:56am On Oct 29, 2012
MTCHEEEEEW... Birds of d same feather...
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by olaezebala: 6:00am On Oct 29, 2012
Nigeria is indeed a great country where award is given for programmes not implemented. Just think of a great programme or project, put it down on paper and ur award is sure.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Sunchris: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Yea, Osun governor tries. He solidly establishd free education with complete proivision of computers, books and educatn accessaries, even rehabilitated all old structures in Osun Schools.

But then, Osun is the state with highest number of unserious students in the world. They are poor accademmically.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by juman(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Could somebody explain the kind of education in osun state they are talking about and the difference with the mainstream nigeria educational system?

Sunchris: Yea, Osun governor tries. He solidly establishd free education with complete proivision of computers, books and educatn accessaries, even rehabilitated all old structures in Osun Schools.

But then, Osun is the state with highest number of unserious students in the world. They are poor accademmically.

Ok, Ok.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 6:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Coming from the State official website, i don't expect to read anything different. Abia State official website paid similar glowing tribute on the Governor's 'achievements' but the people on ground knows otherwise.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by searay(m): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2012
Sunchris: Yea, Osun governor tries. He solidly establishd free education with complete proivision of computers, books and educatn accessaries, even rehabilitated all old structures in Osun Schools.

May be this happen two months ago. Still doubting.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 29, 2012
ogundokun: Me I did not see anything ..... Oooooo
llol grin
I believe you live in the state of osun.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by b03liberty(m): 7:00am On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: Well done ACN

Both Aregbesola and Chukwumerije have the same beard?
badz boi...,see your head too grin grin grin
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by codeine123: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2012
If governor rauf Aregbesola has truly revitalized the educational sector of Osun state I think he deserve the award big time. Congratulation Sir and more grease to your elbow.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2012
codeine123: If governor rauf Aregbesola has truly revitalized the educational sector of Osun state I think he deserve the award big time. Congratulation Sir and more grease to your elbow.

He has, big time
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by gregg2: 7:23am On Oct 29, 2012
It's all politics.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by lazbay(m): 7:41am On Oct 29, 2012
I live in Osun state. I don't know what ds committee saw dat led to ds award. Maybe what Aregbe wrote on paper as his education policy but which he is yet to implement in almost 2 years. The only thing happening in d education sector is d builiding of a new block of classrooms at Alekuwodo in Osogbo & d only one completed. There have been massive destruction of classrooms all over d state without any hope of being rebuilt. As a result many students are cramped or holed up in classrooms thereby making learning almost impossible. because when u have Pry 1-3 in d same classroom what do u expect. Infact my community fiercely rejected d demolition in our school. We said build urs first b4 demolishing d ones on ground. I'm yet to understand how ds calls for an award o. Also the promise of giving tablets or laptop to every pupil in osun state has remain a mere promise for almost 2 years. I really don't understand d basis for d award.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by ZeusI: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2012
Eko'Ile, so how does that theme corresponds to the details? Besides what do you expect him to say? Maybe he should call him an educationally-dormant Gov, even if he mentioned that, how would you boast of it, or has he become the JAMB senior director to determine who or what state goes to school most? The way your people thinks at times gets me perplexed, always looking for an Igbo to alleviate your lots from their self-inflicted shakles, and upgrade your illusory concept. Mtchewww...
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by gregg2: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2012
lazbay: I live in Osun state. I don't know what ds committee saw dat led to ds award. Maybe what Aregbe wrote on paper as his education policy but which he is yet to implement in almost 2 years. The only thing happening in d education sector is d builiding of a new block of classrooms at Alekuwodo in Osogbo & d only one completed. There have been massive destruction of classrooms all over d state without any hope of being rebuilt. As a result many students are cramped or holed up in classrooms thereby making learning almost impossible. because when u have Pry 1-3 in d same classroom what do u expect. Infact my community fiercely rejected d demolition in our school. We said build urs first b4 demolishing d ones on ground. I'm yet to understand how ds calls for an award o. Also the promise of giving tablets or laptop to every pupil in osun state has remain a mere promise for almost 2 years. I really don't understand d basis for d award.

My guy, forget these crooks we have as leaders.
10M naira cheque from Aregbe is enough for Chukwumerijie
to start speaking different tongues.

Besides,why is the report only available on Osun
State governemnt website?
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by salam001(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2012
In the land of blind people,one eyed man is the king
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2012
Propaganda as usual!

How many times will you guys recycle this thing? Now, it has been remixed with a great LIE! The hallmark of the same party.

When did the senate committee rate Osun State as BEST?
Have they finished their tour and submitted their reports?

How much low more can u guys go? Smh
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by naturalwaves: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2012
gregg2:

My guy, forget these crooks we have as leaders.
10M naira cheque from Aregbe is enough for Chukwumerijie
to start speaking different tongues.

Besides,why is the report only available on Osun
State governemnt website?

SHARAP!!!!!!! I watched it on Tv and the Senate Committeee toured virtually all the states. You think everything is always about bribery? What is 10M to Chukwumerijie? You just say things you are not sure of, speculating nonsense. Odestein!

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by chyzoo4u(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2012
Confused people. The same Osun State that just finished my service this october... Where corpers were asked to teach English language with yoruba, where 35 out of 88 students failed in a class, and 22 promoted on trial. where a senior secondary student can't identify groundnut oil. I served in the capital city, Osogbo,to me, that State is not among the best 20 States in Education in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2012
codeine123: If governor rauf Aregbesola has truly revitalized the educational sector of Osun state I think he deserve the award big time. Congratulation Sir and more grease to your elbow.
...but he hasn't done thing meaningful so far as far as educational sector(even in all sectors sef) is concerned, me think you should keep your congratulatory note for now
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2012
chyzoo4u: Confused people. The same Osun State that just finished my service this october... Where corpers were asked to teach English language with yoruba, where 35 out of 88 students failed in a class, and 22 promoted on trial. where a senior secondary student can't identify groundnut oil. I served in the capital city, Osogbo,to me, that State is not among the best 20 States in Education in Nigeria.
sorry osun is not as bad as you painted it. Maybe they failed because they couldn't cope with your ogbonna-english

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by olivertwist: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2012
The senate committee on education lead by the highly respected Chief Uche Chukwumerejie have spoken. He who has ear let him hear what the committee have said with OPEN MINDS irrespective of tribe, religion, ethnic or party affiliations. Google is your friend.
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by olaezebala: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
chyzoo4u: Confused people. The same Osun State that just finished my service this october... Where corpers were asked to teach English language with yoruba, where 35 out of 88 students failed in a class, and 22 promoted on trial. where a senior secondary student can't identify groundnut oil. I served in the capital city, Osogbo,to me, that State is not among the best 20 States in Education in Nigeria.
Bros, how now? I now say u be liar o, but these words of urs way I quote so, na lie. Name that school (in osogbo) that ask u to teach English language with Yoruba. I stayed in Osogbo for a very long time and I can't tell u authoritatively that no school in that big village will ask u to teach English language with Yoruba. Oga I beg, de fear God when u won come tell some kind lie for this platform.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by timbs001(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2012

But then, Osun is the state with highest number of unserious students in the world. They are poor [size=14pt]accademmically. [/size]
Are you from Osun
Re: Senate Committee On Education Rates OSUN As The BEST In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
Maybe it isn't the same Osogbo that i know..

Demolishing classrooms built as recent as three years back in the name of a model school.

Tell me didn't Tinubu critisize mimiko for his model schools..

https://www.nairaland.com/1068058/mimiko-blasts-tinubu-three-half

What's different between Aregbe's model school and mimiko's plans.

Thats to show you politicians speak from two sides.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady In Viral AKSU Sextape Breaks Silence (video) / Bbnaija Emmanuel Is Currently Serving NYSC In Abia State [ SEE PHOTOS] / Help On Marine Engineering Project Topics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.