Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education (5086 Views)

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg / Shame On UNILORIN As ASUU Strike Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Charlesedet25(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Tuesday heeded pleas from the Senate Committee on Education, Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i and his Labour and Productivity counterpart, Chief Emeka Wogu, to end itsseven-week-old strike. However, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU),which was also invited to another meeting called by the National Assembly Joint Committee on Education, stayed away, prompting a member of the committee, Hon. Jerry Alaboso, to describe ASUU’s action as intellectual arrogance.
ASUU had on July 1, commenced a nationwide strike over alleged federal government’s refusal to implement the agreement it reached with it over unpaid entitlements since 2009. At the meeting Tuesday, which was also attended by representatives of Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union (COEASU), lawmakers, Rufa’i and Wogu, waited in vain expecting ASUU’s national executives. The lawmakers were later told that ASUU officials were absent because they could no longer wait for the joint committee’s long meeting with ASUP and COEASU.
Polytechnic lecturers in the country under the aegis of ASUP, have been on strike since April 29. However, the Chairman of Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije,who chaired the meeting, was forced to schedule to another day for a meeting with ASUU officials, who were said to have left the Senate complex in anger, after waiting for several hours for the joint committee to end its meeting with ASUP and COEASU. During the meeting, National President of ASUP, Dr. Chibuzor Asomugha, was prevailed upon to make commitment to end the strike within two weeks, while the government tidies up agreements on their demand. “We will try everything within our ambitsto do the bidding’s of the National Assembly on the need for us to call off the strike soonest,” he said.
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by xtr0v3rt(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ok we are waiting!
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Charlesedet25(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
I jst de pray mak ASUU no too vex extend d strike
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by ImanuelJannah(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Well, I'll have to double check the authenticity of this report. But if the facts of this report are true and accurate, then this is good news to both the ears and the heart. SIGNED: www.imanueljannah..com
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by eniolashola47: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
angryASUU self na wa ooooo angryASUU self na wa ooooo
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Druhill(m): 12:08am On Jul 12, 2013
selfishness go kill us for 9ja.
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by yormite: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2013
How will intellectuals and academicians from the university d highest place of learning be waiting becos u ar meeting with some polythecnics nd college folks dis senate people display intellectul contempt let poly wait and let them answer we d university students
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Frostyzone(m): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2013
I really need to go back to school. Those greedy ASUU bastards should call off the strike already!
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Emmyrom: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
#Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood#Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood#Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Pls carefully read this comment.
yormite: How will intellectuals and academicians from the university d highest place of learning be waiting becos u ar meeting with some polythecnics nd college folks dis senate people display intellectul contempt let poly wait and let them answer we d university students
Now, LIKE this if u think this fool is ignorant of the trash he has posted. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Charlesedet25(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
LARRYDKING: Pls carefully read this comment.

Now, LIKE this if u think this fool is ignorant of the trash he has posted. grin grin grin grin
i don't even understand his point
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by yormite: 12:09am On Jul 13, 2013
LARRYDKING: Pls carefully read this comment.

u must be stupid and mad for calling me a fool i think am entitled to my opinion as a nairalander and by d way am i d one dat said u should not go to d university u find urself in poly nd u ar feeling inferior dnt put d anger on me cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by yormite: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2013
Emmyrom: #Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood#Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood#Yormit come on guy if u don't have respect for urself atleast show some respect to ur academic qualifications, u cannot just open ur mouth and vomit those things u call words. Your comments sound to me like that of a 5yrs old KG kid in ma neighborhood
u should also respect ur academic qualifications by saying something reasonable without insulting me am sorry any way
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by ayd91(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2013
How many hours must they (ASUU) wait to be attended to? Its logical to work away and reschedule for another time.
Good news from ASUP, hope it translates to positive results.
Surely everything with a beginning has an end, we are watching ASUU + FGN......

1 Like

Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by sparkleRed(f): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
Sincerely, i would love a 2month strike#my opinion# grin
Re: ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education by Mikebis(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
sparkle Red: Sincerely, i would love a 2month strike#my opinion# grin
y

(1) (Reply)

They Caught Him Cheating In Jamb Exam Hall, See His Reaction (pics) / What The Name Of Your Primary School. Find Your School Mates Now. / NELFUND Says BVN Mandatory For Student Loans, Targets 1.2 Million Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.